Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

LIHoosier

2024 IUFB Prediction League - Game 3 at UCLA 9/14/24 7:30pm NBC

Exactly how good are we?  Based upon the results of the first two game, we are better than a couple of pretty good high school teams.  Both games proved nothing except that we aren't struggling against bad teams as we have many times in the past.

On the other hand how good is UCLA?  They squeaked against Hawaii, who is favored against another nobody teams this weekend by 2.  In other words, UCLA isn't that good.  OTOH Hawaii would probably crush FIU and Western Illinois, just as we did.

And then you look at the history of the two schools.  We are certainly on the improve but are we at the UCLA level historically?  How good of a salesman is our new coach?  Plenty of questions to be answered by this match up and the answer to those questions will tell us a lot about the rest of this season.

As an aside, the last time IU played in the Rose Bowl we lost to USC and OJ Simpson 14-3 in the 1968 Rose Bowl.  I was a junior at IU at the time and stayed home to watch the game on TV.  I had the choice of going to the game or paying my second semester tuition.  I wish I had gone to the game but I'm glad I stayed in school.  Sometimes, like this week, you need to make tough decisions.

I'll make this a 4 touchdown to 3 touchdown game, though there will probable be a field goal of two along the way.

IU       21

UCLA   28

Seems to be overlooked is I predict IU coaching staff in its entirety practice, game prep and game strategy on both offense and defense has a decisive advantage.

If this was a home game I'd say IU wins easily....not sure how this team will handle the Rose Bowl and all the attention?

I still think IU wins, but it might not start out so pretty!

IU 33

UCLA 24