Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUFB vs FIU - Saturday, 08.31.24 @ 3:30 on BTN

I'm in the same boat as you. When it comes to IU football, I've been been cautiously pessimistic for more years than I care to remember. This feels different. CCC has a specific "blueprint" approach to building a football program. It's tangible, it's methodical, and it's exactly what we have needed for a long time. And, if you he can inspire confidence in me, he can convince anyone.

I'm so psyched for this season. It will be fun to watch new plays and players. I already have my yardwork planned to be finished at 12, chili going by 8 am. There's a 45% chance of rain, but the high is only 81!! IU beer mug moved to the front of the glasses, it's go time!

5 minutes ago, cthomas said:

I'm in the same boat as you. When it comes to IU football, I've been been cautiously pessimistic for more years than I care to remember. This feels different. CCC has a specific "blueprint" approach to building a football program. It's tangible, it's methodical, and it's exactly what we have needed for a long time. And, if you he can inspire confidence in me, he can convince anyone.

IU Football: Lee Corso/Gerry DiNardo/Cam Cameron/Sam Wyche/Bill Lynch/Kevin Wilson/Tom Allen Curt Cignetti is Lucy; we are Charlie Brown:

a cartoon of charlie brown is holding a pillow

32 minutes ago, mamasa said:

I'm so psyched for this season. It will be fun to watch new plays and players. I already have my yardwork planned to be finished at 12, chili going by 8 am. There's a 45% chance of rain, but the high is only 81!! IU beer mug moved to the front of the glasses, it's go time!

Chili in August? That might be against the law in some states. I'm firmly on the team of no chili until it is officially fall or winter. 

55 minutes ago, mamasa said:

Mamasa is a man of culture. Chili year-round baby!

This post brought to you by Barrel Rick

FIU's presser. Coach MacIntyre had good things to say about Coach Cig. QB Keyone Jenkins is just a sophomore and played last year. I'm assuming he'll be a lot better. 4 wins last year and looked to struggle the last 4 games. 

1 hour ago, mamasa said:

mamasa if FIU scores first:

a man in a suit and tie is carrying a large pot

Excited to see if Cignetti lives up to the hype...just like some I am always "cautiously optimistic" about the football program with hopes and dreams of someday turning it into a winning program. This will be an anxious opening game for fans.

8 minutes ago, mamasa said:

Add into that the single barrel Bulleit I will be consuming, looks about right!!

That's gotta be a damn nice bottle. I'm a big fan of taking a mass producer's single barrel or special edition as a way to get a great pour from $50 bottle.

15 minutes ago, mamasa said:

Add into that the single barrel Bulleit I will be consuming, looks about right!!

I'm practicing for the big game.

Already broke the seal on some Ezra Brooks 99 (with a port wine cask for 6 months).  78% corn, 10% rye, and 12% malted barley.  Has a cinnamon spice hotness and caramel/chocolate sweetness and oak...very nice taste.  Has a floral or fruit hint going on.  Requires more practicing.  Goes for just over $35 here in western Ohio.  

It was the above unique port wine cask that got me.  Having just visited Portugal last year and sampled all sorts of port there...   And I do not like the prices of bourbon today.  Being somewhat frugal on my purchases, I squeak if looking at a bottle over $50.  But New Riff has some good stuff.  

My dad drank some KY Tavern, Old Crow, Jim Beam, Old Grandad...I still remember fondly my first shot.  When You Take Your First Shot Of The Night | Facebook

14 minutes ago, Dave from Dayton said:

I'm practicing for the big game.

Already broke the seal on some Ezra Brooks 99 (with a port wine cask for 6 months).  78% corn, 10% rye, and 12% malted barley.  Has a cinnamon spice hotness and caramel/chocolate sweetness and oak...very nice taste.  Has a floral or fruit hint going on.  Requires more practicing.  Goes for just over $35 here in western Ohio.  

It was the above unique port wine cask that got me.  Having just visited Portugal last year and sampled all sorts of port there...   And I do not like the prices of bourbon today.  Being somewhat frugal on my purchases, I squeak if looking at a bottle over $50.  But New Riff has some good stuff.  

My dad drank some KY Tavern, Old Crow, Jim Beam, Old Grandad...I still remember fondly my first shot.  When You Take Your First Shot Of The Night | Facebook

I just picked up a one liter of JD Bottled in Bond 100 proof special edition rye for $32.99  at Costco. Regularly a $48 bottle for the 750ml, and that stuff is choice. Spicy, heavy, a lot going on and no mixer needed. My current go to.

11 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I just picked up a one liter of JD Bottled in Bond 100 proof special edition rye for $32.99  at Costco. Regularly a $48 bottle for the 750ml, and that stuff is choice. Spicy, heavy, a lot going on and no mixer needed. My current go to.

So you were in a Costco in south Florida? Tell me, how many grannies did you have elbow out of the way to get to a deal that choice? In my experience they are relentless.