Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

So what’s up with IU’s newfound Twitter army pushing this Shaloobey thing?

From what I can see I think it's just a goofy joke. Fake place (unless I'm mistaken?)

Maybe trying to meme Portnoy into trying to go to a fake place, idk though.

That's total speculation, don't know the origin story and not interested enough to look into it, lol

8 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

Watching UM at Illinois. I think we are going to absolutely pound UM. 
The only issue is that at that point beating UM won’t be considered to be a big deal.

I know that Jack Tuttle is an outstanding young man, but if Jack Tuttle is Michigan’s best option at QB they are really screwed.

5 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I know that Jack Tuttle is an outstanding young man, but if Jack Tuttle is Michigan’s best option at QB they are really screwed.

And of the 3 they’ve trotted out, he’s the best by a country mile. Things are bleak in Ann Arbor. A real shame. 

1 minute ago, Hovadipo said:

And of the 3 they’ve trotted out, he’s the best by a country mile. Things are bleak in Ann Arbor. A real shame. 

Can’t get over it. How can a school with their resources and that panache and coming off a Natty not have a guy who can pay at least a little? It’s not like someone got hurt. Texas’ 3rd string QB last year is now at Duke playing pretty well and Michigan doesn’t even have 1.

2 minutes ago, Demo said:

Can’t get over it. How can a school with their resources and that panache and coming off a Natty not have a guy who can pay at least a little? It’s not like someone got hurt. Texas’ 3rd string QB last year is now at Duke playing pretty well and Michigan doesn’t even have 1.

It turns out water does find its level post-Harbaugh. 

On 8/29/2024 at 10:07 AM, Lebowski said:

My IUFB predictions for 2024

• A winning season
  • Offensive records will be broken
  • Defense will have more than 30 sacks and at least 20 takeaways 
  • Ranked and in the CFP discussion at one point during the season
  • Bowl eligibility earned by November
  • Multiple NFL draft picks

After 7 games.  

Just for sh*ts and giggles, I went back and found our old 2024 conference schedule (before UW and Oregon joined). In no particular order, here's what it looked like:

Home: Maryland, Minnesota, Penn State, Purdue, UCLA

Away: Michigan State, Nebraska, Northwestern, Wisconsin

Right now, kind of hard not to think we'd run the table against that. But the league saw an opportunity to get OSU and Michigan back on our schedule and pounced. 

1 hour ago, Demo said:

I don’t think Harbaugh targeted qbs in the way most coaches do.  He was totally old school and cared more about the run game and defense.  JMHO.

4 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

UM is in trouble. They have 3 Curb stockings coming up to us, OSU and Oregon.  They blow one of their winnable games and it’s a losing season 

I expect a losing season and the HC to be fired.  He was a poor hire.