Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

2 hours ago, moyemayhem said:

This says Schutt was one of the best shooters in the class, but also an above the rim athlete. He was a 4 star recruit, and has good size at 6’5.  Sounds intriguing…

https://247sports.com/article/duke-guard-jaden-schutt-will-enter-the-transfer-portal-jon-scheyer-2024-basketball-recruiting-230480603/amp/

I brought up his name the other day-from Yorkville IL iirc

basically a bigger, more athletic version of Essegian

3 hours ago, moyemayhem said:

This says Schutt was one of the best shooters in the class, but also an above the rim athlete. He was a 4 star recruit, and has good size at 6’5.  Sounds intriguing…

https://247sports.com/article/duke-guard-jaden-schutt-will-enter-the-transfer-portal-jon-scheyer-2024-basketball-recruiting-230480603/amp/

He never got a fair crack at the rotation at Duke. Hasn't played much. Typically the Duke transfers that never played much end of having decent careers elsewhere. I would take a flier on him, he can shoot. 

I want TJ Power at IU. 

12 minutes ago, BlueDevil said:

He never got a fair crack at the rotation at Duke. Hasn't played much. Typically the Duke transfers that never played much end of having decent careers elsewhere. I would take a flier on him, he can shoot. 

I want TJ Power at IU. 

Dont think were in contention for Power, did see we’ve reached out to schutt though.

I want TJ Power at IU. 

Yeah, staff seems to be going in different direction in general. I think Power ends up being special somewhere. He was one of my biggest wants when name popped up.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

5 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yeah, staff seems to be going in different direction in general. I think Power ends up being special somewhere. He was one of my biggest wants when name popped up.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Same. I think he is going to blow up wherever he goes and gets some serious minutes. 

13 hours ago, AH1971 said:

Anthony Walker played 14 mpg and took 116 shots last season. I’d tell Anderson those are your minutes and shots, they better all be 3’s and you better make 50 of them because you’re going to be wide open.

And I believe Anderson would say and did say no thank you, other teams want me more than that. 

7 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

And I believe Anderson would say and did say no thank you, other teams want me more than that. 

why’d he even take the visit then? show he’s in demand?

5 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

To hear our pitch, and to get an offer he can shop around. Maybe he changes his mind but he's not looking to transfer to a place where he only gets 14 minutes a game

got it. makes sense, thanks 

6 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

To hear our pitch, and to get an offer he can shop around. Maybe he changes his mind but he's not looking to transfer to a place where he only gets 14 minutes a game

Because money is a baseline 'something', but lots of schools have money and therefore money isn't everything!

Thanks very much for sharing Chris. I love how you bring info, but qualify it with a dose of reality. Because it's my impression that there are rarely absolute certainties and I enjoy the hell out of real information, not telling people what they want to hear and pretending it's certain.

29 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think we get our shooter this week. I don't think he is in the portal yet. I do not know who it is, just heard we have one coming

Gonna be July and we are still getting our shooter who isn't in the portal yet :)

Kinda like Brooks and Reeves from years past lol

With that said, I am getting my hopes up anyway

4 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Gonna be July and we are still getting our shooter who isn't in the portal yet :)

With that sad, I am getting my hopes up anyway

As you and many have said, for each key piece we add it becomes progressively more difficult to fill with another quality piece because it's harder and harder for top players to envision a key role.

Therefore, it seems to me that the most attainable quality piece would currently be a stretch big, or for that matter any big. We still have an easily envisioned role for a player that has those skills.

15 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

With that said, I am getting my hopes up anyway

It's been mentioned on 247 for some time that there are a couple of players with mutual interest that have yet to enter the portal and patience is a virtue in this instance.