Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

Just now, RaceToTheTop said:

I believe he considered Auburn, but I think IU was the frontrunner from the beginning. 

OK. Just expected RC to have a better final 2 (despite NC State have a great tournament run).  I guess you could argue those teams are closer to being in the tournament next year than OSU, Michigan and even IU perhaps. 

Just now, BGVille Hoosierfan said:

Sounds like Essegian isn’t happening. Wonder what happened?

If they were all just at breakfast this morning, could be a little more time before anything pops. 

Also...I wonder if we may hold off on any announcements today, out of respect for the Spring Football game tonight. Dolson not wanting to steal any of that thunder?

1 hour ago, eddy4iu said:

He and Essegian were with the entire staff at the Uptown for breakfast this morning.

It's Little 5 week.  WhoTF is up for breakfast?  :)  

30 minutes ago, Shooter said:

I don't think it's a big deal. I've been through the recruiting process for work a few times. Pretty similar process to us bringing in players. They put you up in a nice hotel, get the serious stuff and interviews done during the day, and then take you out to a nice dinner. People typically have a drink or two at the dinner.

I think a recruit going to the Bluebird on a recruiting visit is basically the college kid equivalent of me having a drink at Ruth's Chris. 

Been a while since you've been at The Bluebird I see.  :)   

Well Maryland was one of the other couple of places Connor happened to visit, so hopefully it’s just Maryland insider saying dumb stuff because they aren’t getting him and aren’t happy about it. 
If its true though, then kinda takes the wind out of my sail after seeing people say a deal is done with him on our side. I understand this stuff is fluid and people hear what they can, but man, I really hope we get him. My hopes are high on this one for multiple reasons. 

23 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Thank god. He would’ve tortured us at OSU. I’m going down with my ship, we’re going to regret not making him a Hoosier. @ me in a year or two if I’m wrong!

Love his game. Feel pretty confident from the finalists and the publicly available info that a big rule is a priority and there’s nothing wrong with that — he’ll do great with a big role — but even just MM, MR, Trey back and a PG, it’s easy to start to see more competition for shots and PT

4 minutes ago, lillurk said:

Love his game. Feel pretty confident from the finalists and the publicly available info that a big rule is a priority and there’s nothing wrong with that — he’ll do great with a big role — but even just MM, MR, Trey back and a PG, it’s easy to start to see more competition for shots and PT

Totally. Maybe instead of regret, we'll feel like we missed out? Not necessarily blaming the staff, especially since I'm more than happy to admit I know very little about Rice and Carlyle.

Just now, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I would love if we got him back but I believe his problem with IU runs deeper than any over recruiting issues.

They say he is visiting UConn next I saw on Reddit