Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

1 hour ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Is it just me and my impatience but shouldn’t we have at least 1 commitment from the transfer portal 

To date it's been reported we've had some kind of contact with 30 players.  6 of the 30 have made decisions.  Several jumped into the portal virtually on day 1 and they still haven't announced a home.  Portals only officially been open since March 18.  Yeah, I agree it would be nice for optics to have already locked one up but there's still more players that will hit the portal early next week.   I won't get nervous for another 10-14 days.

13 hours ago, cleeter said:

Trilly also saying that he’s hearing more IU for Perkins. But lots of Michigan for Essegian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With all of the smoke regarding Perkins to IU why the hell is he on an OV to Mizzou today and not to IU? Are we waiting in hopes that Thornton enters? Scratching my head.

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

Because there is smoke, not fire.

There is always a lot of smoke surrounding the IU program. Some true some false. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out by September 2024. 

With all of the smoke regarding Perkins to IU why the hell is he on an OV to Mizzou today and not to IU? Are we waiting in hopes that Thornton enters? Scratching my head.

When you were his age, would you have taken a free, all expense paid for and fully catered visit somewhere if they call and asked you, or would you just decline.

Or at my age, it would be like having my vacation spot picked out and booked. Then another resort calling and say “hey we will pay for everything, but come check out our resort”.

12 minutes ago, cleeter said:

When you were his age, would you have taken a free, all expense paid for and fully catered visit somewhere if they call and asked you, or would you just decline.

Or at my age, it would be like having my vacation spot picked out and booked. Then another resort calling and say “hey we will pay for everything, but come check out our resort”.

Would Missouri have been your vacation spot?

1 hour ago, IH8PU said:

There is always a lot of smoke surrounding the IU program. Some true some false. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out by September 2024. 

It certainly better shake out a lot sooner than September for crying out loud..lol

5 hours ago, IUGRAD06 said:

Look at his stats against high major and tourney teams even at the NIT level.  It’s crappy except for one game.  Overall 30% overall and 30% from 3 this year.  

Blackmon against:

• UNLV (NIT team):  7/20 overall, 2/10 threes, 18 pts
  • Houston (NCAA team):  4/13 overall, 3/7 threes, 11 pts
  • UCF (NIT team):  7/13 overall. 6/9 threes, 26 pts
  • Cincinnati (NIT team):  10/22 overall, 5/12 threes, 32 pts
  • Appalachian State (NIT team):  3/11 overall, 1/7 threes, 10 pts
  • Appalachian State (NIT team) 12/22 overall, 5/9 threes, 43 pts
  • U Conn (NCAA team):  4/17 overall, 1/9 threes, 14 pts

Overall:  47/128 (37%) overall, 23/63 threes (37%), 154 pts (22 ppg)

5 hours ago, IUFAN1976 said:

But we got a jump on many schools because we denied the NIT we probably wasn’t going to anyway, I’m only talking about 1.  There were players that committed to schools that still in the tournament 

Tucker committed.  Personally, I don't care in March/April whether a player was in the portal or was a high school player, spring signings are spring signings.

1 hour ago, RaceToTheTop said:

LOL.  Tyme (cough Ngw) just deleted all of his tweets except for the one saying he 'called' Mgbako coming back and that so called 'insiders' have a goal of hurting the program and getting Woody fired.

Sad, bitter little man.

What he say?

3 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Tucker committed.  Personally, I don't care in March/April whether a player was in the portal or was a high school player, spring signings are spring signings.

I would at least like to see at least 1 commit soon.  You think with that amount of money, at least 1 would have committed or will soon