Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

NCAA Women's Bball Transfer Portal

16 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Lily Hansford is a 6'2" sophomore from Green Bay, WI so we would be considerably closer to her family if that is a consideration.  45% on 3's  (48-106) and only played a total of 587 minutes over 34 games.  While she's listed as a junior on mickey one's post from oregonlive.com the OSU website says she's a sophomore.

https://osubeavers.com/sports/womens-basketball/roster/lily-hansford/9883

Sure hope she chooses Indiana, this would be awesome!

25 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Huge loss for Purdue. She was their most promising freshmen last year and a huge projected part of their future. Gearlds era is getting a bit rocky:

Whoa - that's major. "Hey Mary Ashley... how'd ya like to play for the team that has won ten straight against Purdue?"

14 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Whoa - that's major. "Hey Mary Ashley... how'd ya like to play for the team that has won ten straight against Purdue?"

No room for her on roster with Striplin, Wiseman, and Meister. Don't want a fourth true post player on team. She needs to go to someone who needs a starting or backup big. If Striplin had not committed today would be worth a look but with that development there is no chance IU has room for her now. 

They need a knockdown starting shooting guard to take Scalia's spot to fill out roster. Not another big as much as I would love to take her and stab Purdue in back.  

IU Ladies just added some physicality to help not only Lilly but also Garzon and physical player Parrish.

Lilly 8, 9, 10 and Karoline 10 points per game = 20 points per game.   Noted : both Lilly and Karoline were big scorers in high school.

Shay Ciezki would fit in this scenario very well.  

And then optional:  a highly rated mid range scoring player if available and possible.

3 hours ago, Aaron said:

No room for her on roster with Striplin, Wiseman, and Meister. Don't want a fourth true post player on team. She needs to go to someone who needs a starting or backup big. If Striplin had not committed today would be worth a look but with that development there is no chance IU has room for her now. 

They need a knockdown starting shooting guard to take Scalia's spot to fill out roster. Not another big as much as I would love to take her and stab Purdue in back.  

Don’t forget about Sidney Fenn.  Blue Collar.  These players have T. Moren and staff written all over them.  (Their kind of players).

4 hours ago, Aaron said:

Huge loss for Purdue. She was their most promising freshmen last year and a huge projected part of their future. Gearlds era is getting a bit rocky:

Definitely a big blow. She was going to be their only returning starter next season. Gearlds' seat just got a bit warmer. 

Watching a little bit of Striplin highlights, looks to be a good add. Nice size, length, appears to move well. Has a really soft touch and nice looking jumper. Her stats aren’t the greatest, but perhaps underutilized and under coached at Tennessee, perhaps a fresh start will reap dividends

Is this the complete roster for 2024-2025?  Probably.

There is one player left in the portal that could fit IU Ladies in a positive way….Liza Karlen.

Is she going to start? she shoots 38% FG, with 32% from 3; and they have 6 freshmen. 4-5 stars, coming in. Southern Cal is looking like Arizona, ND, South Carolina et al., kind of a merry-go-round, with lots of people coming in and then leaving.  It works for South Carolina; it doesn't work for Arizona.

On 4/25/2024 at 6:21 PM, TheWatShot said:

Definitely a big blow. She was going to be their only returning starter next season. Gearlds' seat just got a bit warmer. 

It seems like they haven’t had a great offseason. 

I wonder if they thought they had some transfers lined up. 

I heard so much about how young their biggest contributors were and how great their future looked that I kept forgetting they were at the bottom of the B10.

IMG_2941.jpeg

I have never been overly impressed by Gearlds and am not surprised. The Big Ten coaches that impress me a lot are Moren, Shauna Green at Illinois, Robyn Frailick at MSU, Lisa Bluder at Iowa, Kevin McGuff at Ohio State. Those are the coaches that are special when it comes to recruiting and in-game strategy.