Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

1 hour ago, Schreckbagger said:

I guess Izzo "crashed and burned" last year too then.....with much greater talent.

Izzo .571

Woodson .576

You guys crack me up.

Sent from my SM-S906U using BtownBanners mobile app

Reading is a skill.  I give two chits about Izzo.  Fact are facts.  Aside from the on court performance, at the end of year three there was zero foundation.  No HS recruits, zero, zilch, nada -- as the one he had decommitted.  The portal haul saved us from being a bottom feeder next year.  Whether that strategy is sustainable, we'll see.  

2 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Ngw was also posting midseason how 'good' IU was when Cupps was on the floor. 

Pretty sure it was the other way around. He didn’t like Cupps and insisted IU had to have CJ Gunn on the floor. He kept that up until about Feb when it was pretty much undeniable Gunn was a liability. 

4 minutes ago, str8baller said:

Pretty sure it was the other way around. He didn’t like Cupps and insisted IU had to have CJ Gunn on the floor. He kept that up until about Feb when it was pretty much undeniable Gunn was a liability. 

Yeah, he really did not like Cupps. To the point it almost seemed to be a personal vendetta.

20 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

The dedication to defending a bad college basketball coach certainly is something. 

What did you really expect? Admitting that IU was dumb enough to keep a lousy head coach that no one else would've hired?

17 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

Why should next year be the judgement year? Shouldn’t every year be a judgement year?

1st - nowhere close to goals and off court embarrassment
2nd - nowhere close to goals and off court embarrassment
3rd - nowhere close to goals
4th - this is the judgement year..?

When we make our next coaching change what are your expectations for them in years 1,2 and 3?  

No problem sunshine pumper.  This is the fire mike woodson thread.  
But you say the same thing over and over and over and over again, like it's going to make a difference. You aren't firing CMW, IU isn't either. Live with it. It sounds so Karen(ish).

Fire away......

21 minutes ago, Schreckbagger said:

But you say the same thing over and over and over and over again, like it's going to make a difference. You aren't firing CMW, IU isn't either. Live with it. It sounds so Karen(ish).

Fire away......

Like I said, this is the fire Mike Woodson thread.  Go somewhere else if you don't like it.  

Stu was making a valid point the other day that there are people on here that want Woodson to crash and burn just so they can say they were right. But it seems there are just as many people on the other extreme that want to say anyone with any expectations of him is being unreasonable. 

1 hour ago, bigrod said:

Stu was making a valid point the other day that there are people on here that want Woodson to crash and burn just so they can say they were right. But it seems there are just as many people on the other extreme that want to say anyone with any expectations of him is being unreasonable. 

Might be a little different if he'd have taken ownership of the debacle. No, instead he made excuses and looked cast blame then tried to say he did his job in a season where they struggled to beat bad teams. To me he acts like he thinks (or knows) he's safe because he played here.

25 minutes ago, bigrod said:

I might appear to be in the latter category.  I just see a lot of things attributed to Woody as fact that for some reason I take exception to.  Even if you take year 3 and disregard it completely and you say that year 2 trended up from year 1 and we have a nice roster on paper for next year I still have concerns about 2025 and beyond.  How can he recruit HS kids who have to wonder when he retires? The NIL helps keep the portal option viable but you do not have a lot of time to get to know a kid and make sure he is a good fit for the culture.

I think things like that are completely fine to question but those rarely seem to be discussed.

18 minutes ago, bigrod said:

I don't want him to crash and burn.  I want him to hang a NCAA Championship banner (like he said).  But facts are facts.  He is squandering the opportunity.  He may not have the work ethic or adaptability required to be a championship level coach.  

Sources, or links from "reputable" analysts, not some nose picker. 

Will this work for you or is this nose pickers?

https://www.insidethehall.com/2022/10/25/roundup-indiana-a-near-unanimous-pick-to-win-the-2022-23-big-ten-basketball-title/

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Will this work for you or is this nose pickers?

https://www.insidethehall.com/2022/10/25/roundup-indiana-a-near-unanimous-pick-to-win-the-2022-23-big-ten-basketball-title/

Here are all of the projections published as of Tuesday, October 25:

Official “unofficial” Big Ten media poll:

1. Indiana

2. Illinois

3. Michigan

4. Michigan State

5. Purdue

6. Ohio State

7. Iowa

8. Rutgers

9. Wisconsin

10. Maryland

11. Penn State

12. Minnesota

Preseason projections for the Big Ten continue to roll out and we’ve compiled many of the predicted order of finishes for the league. Of the nine projections tracked, Indiana is the favorite in seven and picked second twice.

-ADVERTISEMENT-

Here are all of the projections published as of Tuesday, October 25:

33 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

I don't want him to crash and burn.  I want him to hang a NCAA Championship banner (like he said).  But facts are facts.  He is squandering the opportunity.  He may not have the work ethic or adaptability required to be a championship level coach.  

I wouldn't say I want him to "crash and burn". He's just not a good coach and it's time to move on, doesn't matter where he played over 40 years ago.

Part of the reason I didn't want him, aside from just not being a remotely good option, was that unless he voluntarily walked away it was going to be a messy split. Well, he didn't and it's messy.