Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

A title next year would shut me up, so I wouldn't say nothing.  Frankly, with all the crowing I am hearing about the new way we are recruiting and how well we are doing it, anything less than Top 3 in the BIG and a Sweet 16 should be deemed a failure.  My bar is set high for year 4.  If we aren't beating other P5 teams in November and December and completely blowing the crappy teams out of the water, I am sharpening the pitchfork and dousing my torch in jet fuel.
100% given the hype which seems like even more hype than last spring those will be minimum expectations. And I think all those hyping should agree with this.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

A title next year would shut me up, so I wouldn't say nothing.  Frankly, with all the crowing I am hearing about the new way we are recruiting and how well we are doing it, anything less than Top 3 in the BIG and a Sweet 16 should be deemed a failure.  My bar is set high for year 4.  If we aren't beating other P5 teams in November and December and completely blowing the crappy teams out of the water, I am sharpening the pitchfork and dousing my torch in jet fuel.

I'll be right there with you if that's how things play out.

7 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

I'll be right there with you if that's how things play out.

We agree there.

I don't like the staff.  That puts a damper on everything going on for me right now so I am going to come off as pessimistic.  They have pissed me off so I am just not getting excited about all of these players and it really has nothing to do with them, it has to do with me not liking Mike Woodson anymore.  It is going to take a monumental turn around from him in the win column and to drop some of what I view as laziness and jack-assery to turn things around on him for me.

I 100% believe that "Tyme" character on Twitter is speaking for the staff.  It puts me in a weird place where as an Indiana fan, I want to cheer for the players and win on one hand, which on the other I kind of want Woodson to fail at this point.

Finally, I feel like we do this excitement dance every year and we will have members of the staff (through things like "Tyme") and our fanbase bragging on how awesome we are, in the most douchey ways, like has happened for the past 8 years and we just aren't at that spot.  I want the staff to STFU and win something and getting a few recruits with a boatload of money isn't winning sh** in my opinion.  We need to stop acting like we won the offseason championship every year.  (And FWIW, I know that is hard for people who just want to be excited about the program.  I get it.)

4 minutes ago, cleeter said:

87edd7b4caebd27f7897f8dd01e50114.jpg
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slow day, maybe he can get clicks from the Indiana fans.  (Seth Davis when he woke up this morning probably)

Just now, Chris007 said:

If the Celtics win the championship in July and Brad wants the job, Woodson would be out in a hurry. 

Or if they don't win the championship and Brad wants the job.

Or if the Celtics never win another game. Or if the Celtics disband or secede to become the North Korean national team.

Just now, Stuhoo said:

Or if they don't win the championship and Brad wants the job.

Or if the Celtics never win another game. Or if the Celtics disband or secede to become the North Korean national team.

I don't think he will leave unless they win the championship or is fired. Winning the championship is more likely than being fired.

We agree there.
I don't like the staff.  That puts a damper on everything going on for me right now so I am going to come off as pessimistic.  They have pissed me off so I am just not getting excited about all of these players and it really has nothing to do with them, it has to do with me not liking Mike Woodson anymore.  It is going to take a monumental turn around from him in the win column and to drop some of what I view as laziness and jack-assery to turn things around on him for me.
I 100% believe that "Tyme" character on Twitter is speaking for the staff.  It puts me in a weird place where as an Indiana fan, I want to cheer for the players and win on one hand, which on the other I kind of want Woodson to fail at this point.
Finally, I feel like we do this excitement dance every year and we will have members of the staff (through things like "Tyme") and our fanbase bragging on how awesome we are, in the most douchey ways, like has happened for the past 8 years and we just aren't at that spot.  I want the staff to STFU and win something and getting a few recruits with a boatload of money isn't winning sh** in my opinion.  We need to stop acting like we won the offseason championship every year.  (And FWIW, I know that is hard for people who just want to be excited about the program.  I get it.)
Spot on.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk