Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

Just now, AH1971 said:

Who is having a private banquet at 8am on a Sunday morning the night after the F4 lol?

My god are you being obtuse? Stop looking at that moment. People are talking about that image from a symbolic standpoint. And yes people have plenty of events at 8am.  A large contingent of donors are older.  I know we have a ton at UNC at least.  That doesn't even matter. It seems like you're the one with an agenda because you're not listening. It's symbolism.   It's like Marie Antoinette screaming " let them eat cake". They literally weren't killing her  because she was serving cake lol. Wake up lol. 

Between the poor product on the court and the tension/animosity amongst the fanbase (exacerbated by Woody's comments on senior nights and silence from Scott Dolson) it's like they're trying to make people stop caring/following the program closely.
This place is going to be deservedly rocky until we've got a set roster for next year, or at least 10 spots filled. Even then, people will be rightly skeptical until next season's team gives people any reason to believe otherwise (if that's even possible for some people anymore)

This is probably my biggest concern. Instead of owning up, admitting they didn’t live up to standards, explain what they are going to do to fix it. They had the awkward bot/burner response across Twitter and message boards that seemed to care more about dividing the fanbase. I mean, they are defending Woody. But they are also attacking most of the fanbase, Rabjohns, Trilly, Hysterics, and on and on. I guess I just don’t see how this ends well unless he looks like a completely different coach than he has throughout the course of his entire year. I guess, never say never, but the divisiveness and hostility of the burners don’t bode well for things to come.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, Banksyrules said:

My god are you being obtuse? Stop looking at that moment. People are talking about that image from a symbolic standpoint. And yes people have plenty of events at 8am.  A large contingent of donors are older.  I know we have a ton at UNC at least.  That doesn't even matter. It seems like you're the one with an agenda because you're not listening. It's symbolism.   It's like Marie Antoinette screaming " let them eat cake". They literally weren't killing her  because she was serving cake lol. Wake up lol. 

The symbolism of playing golf at 8am on a Sunday morning? As opposed to what? Playing phone tag with a recruit? If I was a recruit and received a call at 8am on a Sunday morning I’d tell whoever called me to lose my number on the spot. Don’t overthink this one, guy.

Just now, AH1971 said:

The symbolism of playing golf at 8am on a Sunday morning? As opposed to what? Playing phone tag with a recruit? If I was a recruit and received a call at 8am on a Sunday morning I’d tell whoever called me to lose my number on the spot. Don’t overthink this one, guy.

At this point I don't think you're capable to process correctly. Are you Ok? Seriously I'm asking if you're OK. 

Just now, Banksyrules said:

At this point I don't think you're capable to process correctly. Are you Ok? Seriously I'm asking if you're OK. 

It’s tough to process something that doesn’t make sense. Forgive me.

Just now, AH1971 said:

It’s tough to process something that doesn’t make sense. Forgive me.

Because you're fumbling logics and misapplying context. I hope you're actually OK. 

I think it simply boils down to the results and esthetics of the play on the court are bad. Trying to convince people what they see with their own 2 eyes are wrong, never works out. The staff blew it this year in about every way. The style of play makes it even that much more unpalatable. Woodson lost the fanbase this year. It’s always hard to get them back. Winning is the only way. And Very consistent winning. So all the in between squabbles are going to be pointless until Woodson wins or losses. Peoples minds are made up at the moment.

Just now, Banksyrules said:

Because you're fumbling logics and misapplying context. I hope you're actually OK. 

I’m the only one applying context. You’re talking about Woodson star 69’ing recruits at 8am in the morning and attending private banquets on a Sunday while at a national coaching convention attended by literally every coach in America. What logic are you bringing to this discussion?

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I think it simply boils down to the results and esthetics of the play on the court are bad. Trying to convince people what they see with their own 2 eyes are wrong, never works out. The staff blew it this year in about every way. The style of play makes it even that much more unpalatable. Woodson lost the fanbase this year. It’s always hard to get them back. Winning is the only way. And Very consistent winning. So all the in between squabbles are going to be pointless until Woodson wins or losses. Peoples minds are made up at the moment.

Trust me I get that people have their minds made up, and that’s why logic is completely being thrown out the window. Look at the guy I’ve been replying too.

Just now, AH1971 said:

I’m the only one applying context. You’re talking about Woodson star 69’ing recruits at 8am in the morning and attending private banquets on a Sunday while at a national coaching convention attended by literally every coach in America. What logic are you bringing to this discussion?

dude I never said recruits at 8am. They do have events do raise funds at 8am because of older donors. You're not comprehending well but honestly I just hope it's because your trying to fight for a side as opposed to some larger issue.  You do you from here on out. 

Trust me I get that people have their minds made up, and that’s why logic is completely being thrown out the window. Look at the guy I’ve been replying too.

But the whole effort of trying to convince people Woody has this under control after 3 years of evidence to prove the contrary is an exercise in futility.

We’ve been told the plan is to spend big in NIL and play more through the guards. I guess we will see.

I mean at this point you could give Woodson this UConn roster and I can assure you it would not be the UConn you see this year. Woodson has done zero in 3 years to demonstrate coaching superiority. He failed to add the 1 or 2 right pieces he needed to add last portal season that I knew he needed, because of promised time. He seems like a great players coach that does what he says. That’s great but when that doesn’t lead to winning, none of it matters.

1 minute ago, Banksyrules said:

dude I never said recruits at 8am. They do have events do raise funds at 8am because of older donors. You're not comprehending well but honestly I just hope it's because you’re trying to fight for a side as opposed to some larger issue.  You do you from here on out. 

No set of donors at any university are having a fundraising event that involves its men’s head coach this weekend as they are all down in Phoenix at the NABC Convention, as is customary this time of year, every year during the Final Four. It’s precisely why the dead period exists and is held during this week. How hard is this to understand? 

Nothing you are saying makes any sense nor is applied to this weekend. I appreciate you thinking of me but maybe it’s time you look in the mirror.

1 minute ago, AH1971 said:

No set of donors at any university are having a fundraising event that involves its men’s head coach this weekend as they are all down in Phoenix at the NABC Convention, as is customary this time of year, every year during the Final Four. It’s precisely why the dead period exists and is held during this week. How hard is this to understand? 

Nothing you are saying makes any sense nor is applied to this weekend. I appreciate you thinking of me but maybe it’s time you look in the mirror.

lol

5 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

But the whole effort of trying to convince people Woody has this under control after 3 years of evidence to prove the contrary is an exercise in futility.

We’ve been told the plan is to spend big in NIL and play more through the guards. I guess we will see.

I mean at this point you could give Woodson this UConn roster and I can assure you it would not be the UConn you see this year. Woodson has done zero in 3 years to demonstrate coaching superiority. He failed to add the 1 or 2 right pieces he needed to add last portal season that I knew he needed, because of promised time. He seems like a great players coach that does what he says. That’s great but when that doesn’t lead to winning, none of it matters.

I’m not saying Woodson has everything under control, simply responding to this narrative that Woodson is neglecting his job duties by golfing and attending a coaching convention this weekend. Nearly every coach in America is doing the same thing.

2 hours ago, AH1971 said:

Understood. I’m calling a top 5 portal class once the dust settles. What say you?

Not out of the question considering the number of spots that need to be filled via transfer.

1 hour ago, AH1971 said:

Then why bring up the lack of a complete roster? It’s April 7th, the current season isn’t even over. More than half of the 360 some D1 teams have incomplete rosters on this date. There’s over 1000 players in the portal still growing by the day. It’s the new nature of this sport. I don’t get tying Woodson with golfing this morning to that fact. We had 9 players on the roster at this date last year, 2 more than what it is this year.

And how did that turn out for us?

2 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

And how did that turn out for us?

Didn’t prioritize the right needs. I feel a lot better about the traction we’ve made with this years edition of the portal over last years.