Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

A portion of this fan base spent the last decade complaining because we wouldn’t “play$$$” the game. Now we have fans upset that we are winning the NIL game. “Just throwing money around”!  Yea that is how it works now and I’m glad we are throwing some muscle around.

28 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

$6 mil to go 12-8.  YGTBSM.  That makes us Nebraska/Northwestern.  Should be no more than 4 losses.  

I am saying fire him if he isn't at least that.  With the victory lap that they are doing on Twitter (that Tyme account is basically the coaching staff's voice) it should be 14.  However, if you set that as the floor there is no way he will get fired if he wins 12 or 13.  If he goes 11-9 or worse though....

15 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

A portion of this fan base spent the last decade complaining because we wouldn’t “play$$$” the game. Now we have fans upset that we are winning the NIL game. “Just throwing money around”!  Yea that is how it works now and I’m glad we are throwing some muscle around.

That isn't the argument.  Address the real complaint.

I am saying fire him if he isn't at least that.  With the victory lap that they are doing on Twitter (that Tyme account is basically the coaching staff's voice) it should be 14.  However, if you set that as the floor there is no way he will get fired if he wins 12 or 13.  If he goes 11-9 or worse though....

I notice some are already backtracking on expectations when someone says ok you are doing this victory lap but now Woodson must produce a sweet sixeteen. They want the victory lap without high expectations on twitter. Most of those dudes or burner accounts think going like 22-13 is a massive success.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Fire/retire Woodson.  Our vast resources have allowed us to assemble talent that should finish in the top 3 in the Big Ten and a top 10 team nationally.  Purdue lost just 5 games this year.  With better overall talent Woodson will have at least 10 losses next year.   Adequate is not good enough. 

Fire/retire Woodson.  Our vast resources have allowed us to assemble talent that should finish in the top 3 in the Big Ten and a top 10 team nationally.  Purdue lost just 5 games this year.  With better overall talent Woodson will have at least 10 losses next year.   Adequate is not good enough. 
He should finish no worse than creans first zeller team which was 27-9 and made the sweet sixeteen. That was creans 4th year and he started with nothing in year one. Very reasonable expectation.

1 hour ago, Alford Bailey said:

But they are not the same people, are they?

11 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

He should finish no worse than creans first zeller team which was 27-9 and made the sweet sixeteen. That was creans 4th year and he started with nothing in year one. Very reasonable expectation.

With all due respect to the dudes who gutted that first year out, Crean started with less than nothing.  

With the portal haul, Woodson needs to win the Big Ten and elite 8, minimum.  

1 hour ago, Hornsby said:

I notice some are already backtracking on expectations when someone says ok you are doing this victory lap but now Woodson must produce a sweet sixeteen. They want the victory lap without high expectations on twitter. Most of those dudes or burner accounts think going like 22-13 is a massive success.

Yeah that is a nope from me.  I have been told that the Woodson system is going to be a winner at Indiana and we just had a player problem (sidebar: funny how guys like Tyme think it is a crime to talk bad about the staff or to question guys like Leal and his statements at senior night while they basically **** on the players for not being good enough to execute Woodson's brilliant strategy...I digress though).

So anyways, he got the money and they are claiming they now have the players and they have landed them in the way future rosters should be built (i.e. minimal HS recruits) then the expectation should be to win now.  He has 2 former Freshman of the year players on his team.  A super senior from Arizona. A Junior Reneau who at least offensively was a bucket.  He has dynamic guards.  He has another 5* HS wing.  He has a really good 6th man in Galloway.  If he drops another 22-12 TJD last season-esque performance then he is never going to be the dude.  It isn't worth wasting another year on a then 67 year old guy whose ceiling is mediocre even with a huge payroll.  12-8 is really pretty garbage based on how much bragging they are doing right now.  This isn't a 45 year old who has time to figure it out.  

7 hours ago, Alford Bailey said:

I don't have a problem with them spending money. I have a problem that they're doing it so much now just to avoid having to admit it was a mistake to hire a guy no one else would've answered the phone for.

13 hours ago, Alford Bailey said:

Don't confuse a couple of billionaires' $2M with "muscle".

Woodson still has to coach this team (and there are still 3 open scholarships). So far, Woodson has not impressed me with his "work" this off-season - I'd expect the same results from 90% of the regulars on BTB with $6M to spend.

We get chastised for posting reality on the pro-Woodson threads... now we got the sunshine pumpers trying to pump in the Fire Woodson thread. 

FIRE MEDIOCRE MIKE WOODSON TODAY.

39 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Don't confuse a couple of billionaire's $2M with "muscle".

Woodson still has to coach this team (and there are still 3 open scholarships). So far, Woodson has not impressed me with his "work" this off-season - I'd expect the same results from 90% of the regulars on BTB with $6M to spend.

We get chastised for posting reality on the pro-Woodson threads... now we got the sunshine pumpers trying to pump in the Fire Woodson thread. 

And for billionaires 2m isn't a drop in the bucket.

Yep. He was always going to get players, no one said he wouldn't, especially with 6m to spend. He's still the same Mike Woodson that has admitted the 3 isn't a point of emphasis. The same Mike Woodson that got fired from the Knicks after his teams had the same problems we're seeing here, then never got another HC gig.

And if Chris is right that Woodson is already tired of this portal season it just shows he wants the NIL money to be a substitute for actually doing part of the job he was hired for.

I’ve seen you tube videos that say Mike Woodson is making magic and Mike Woodson is reloading. IMO Mike Woodson isn’t doing crap. The billionaire donors are making the magic and reloading for Mike Woodson. I don’t believe he could even field a competitive team without them. 

4 hours ago, Geometry Hoosier said:

I’ve seen you tube videos that say Mike Woodson is making magic and Mike Woodson is reloading. IMO Mike Woodson isn’t doing crap. The billionaire donors are making the magic and reloading for Mike Woodson. I don’t believe he could even field a competitive team without them. 

Ummmmm…. Which coach are they willing to do that for? Most P5 teams have zillionaire donors. That budget still needs to attract talent.

Ballo apparently gave IU a discount over other programs so that he could play for Mike Woodson.

Ummmmm…. Which coach are they willing to do that for? Most P5 teams have zillionaire donors. That budget still needs to attract talent.

Ballo apparently gave IU a discount over other programs so that he could play for Mike Woodson.

If I was a 7 foot center with NBA aspirations, I would, too. Why would I not want to play for a coach whose entire philosophy and game plan is to feed me in the post? There’s none of that pesky guard play - the guards’ job is to feed the post and let me shine.

FIRE MEDIOCRE MIKE.

Imo both of you are correct. I will argue though indiana basketball in a desperate situation would probably get cash from donors no matter who coach is. I hope they aren't giving millions because they believe in mike. I bet it's because they want iu to win and are embarrassed. This paying players is new to everyone but ad far as major basketball programs go iu is in as bad of shape as any so it makes sense to swing for the fences

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Don't confuse a couple of billionaire's $2M with "muscle".

The mob posts BS. They claimed the whole roster would transfer out. Didn’t happen. They claimed nobody wants to come here to play in the system. Obviously not true. Now they move the goalposts to it’s just the money. These guys can all get money elsewhere. Zero credibility.

6 hours ago, Geometry Hoosier said:

He’s reloading his squirt gun. One tournament win in three years. Most ‘stars’ on his roster than anyone else in the conference last year and he goes 18-13 and misses the tournament. But win three straight offseason banners and folks will crown you king. 

11 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

The mob posts BS. They claimed the whole roster would transfer out. Didn’t happen. They claimed nobody wants to come here to play in the system. Obviously not true. Now they move the goalposts to it’s just the money. These guys can all get money elsewhere. Zero credibility.

Ok Mr. Credibility, put your line in the sand.  Mike Woodson is an awesome coach who is landing awesome players.  What can us non-true fans expect as a baseline performance point next season?