Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

First off this is not bashing Woodson since everyone is so sensitive about that these days. But I don't think the portal guys we have got so far have anything to do with Woodson selling them anything. Both have had long relationships with Ya. Also, both are getting a lot of money and starting positions. Not much of a sale there. 

I do think Woodson is really good when he is in the room with recruits. But he hasn't been in the room with these two yet. 

1) This is the Fire Woodson thread. Bash away.

2) Has he gotten any portal guys so far? Did I miss their commitments or is it just the assumption that we'll land them?

2 minutes ago, Hoosier DaDa said:

A Woodson coach Knicks team could win it all right??? Woodson to the Knicks...Celtics lose...Stevens frustrated...We still don't have a coach :(

For the first time in 40 years we actually have good management that won't fall for that trick. Cmon guys you all secretly want  OG Anunoby to get his well deserved ring.... 

Honestly I think there would be a lot more positivity if this didn’t seem like some last ditch effort to let Woody buy a team and salvage his job. From the moment team portal became the plan with extra money it has felt like Woody is bigger than the program. Simply giving him more money to spend and save his job was not doing what’s best for the program, it was doing what’s best for Woody. I will readily admit there is an argument they are one and the same, but that’s not how it feels to me and I would guess a large portion of the fanbase. That’s the piece that is hard for me to reconcile. I’ll be excited for any big portal gets. I will root for the players. I desperately want IU to succeed, but what this feels like is the administration and money people trying to force Woody to succeed to spite the #nottruefans. Instead of say, hiring a good basketball coach. 

1) This is the Fire Woodson thread. Bash away.
2) Has he gotten any portal guys so far? Did I miss their commitments or is it just the assumption that we'll land them?
I was under the impression he has already landed four players including ballo or maybe it's just assumptions but some are running with that. And I saw a guy say well he finally can build a team he was saddled with archie guys last year. Honestly I thought that line went out with crean but I guess not

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Honestly I think there would be a lot more positivity if this didn’t seem like some last ditch effort to let Woody buy a team and salvage his job. From the moment team portal became the plan with extra money it has felt like Woody is bigger than the program. Simply giving him more money to spend and save his job was not doing what’s best for the program, it was doing what’s best for Woody. I will readily admit there is an argument they are one and the same, but that’s not how it feels to me and I would guess a large portion of the fanbase. That’s the piece that is hard for me to reconcile. I’ll be excited for any big portal gets. I will root for the players. I desperately want IU to succeed, but what this feels like is the administration and money people trying to force Woody to succeed to spite the #nottruefans. Instead of say, hiring a good basketball coach. 
I means last summers hype was pretty intense though it looks like this summer may top it. But we all saw how last year turned out despite th hype so many are in in show it to me on the court mode now

28 minutes ago, OKHOOSIER said:

If Woodson does succeed why would the means in which it happened matter? Wouldn't it feel @$$ backwards if the administration and money people didn't try and help the head basketball coach succeed? What am I missing?

1 minute ago, AH1971 said:

If Woodson does succeed why would the means in which it happened matter? Wouldn't it feel @$$ backwards if the administration and money people didn't try and help the head basketball coach succeed? What am I missing?

Nothing.

Winning would be excellent. Not winning would be ... not excellent.

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

Nothing.

Winning would be excellent. Not winning would be ... not excellent.

Winning would be great.  Top 3 B1G finish and a deep tourney run (Elite 8).  It's the in between winning and bad and our completely inept administration that is the concern.  The in between being the most likely scenario. 

29 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

You’re not missing anything. I said as much in the post. If they were operating for the good of the program and its future, he would have been fired. Everything they have done has been for Woodson to save face and keep his job. Winning or not winning is simply a by product. The administration is supposed to have the program as its priority, not Mike Woodsons pride. Nobody with two brain cells to rub together and eye balls would look at his product and think keeping him was a decision with the best interests of the program involved. It was a decision in the best interest of Mike Woodson for 24-25. They’re trying to get so much talent even Woody can’t jack it up instead of making the hard decisions and trying to get the coach of the future. It’s like we are being coached by a guy operating on a franchise tag. 

So this travis guy puts a crystal ball in for ballo and the iu twitter guys are now convinced ballo is ours along with rice and the stanford guy.. What kind of credibility does this guy have? I thought ballo hasn't even taken any visits yet.

10 minutes ago, OKHOOSIER said:

You’re not missing anything. I said as much in the post. If they were operating for the good of the program and its future, he would have been fired. Everything they have done has been for Woodson to save face and keep his job. Winning or not winning is simply a by product. The administration is supposed to have the program as its priority, not Mike Woodsons pride. Nobody with two brain cells to rub together and eye balls would look at his product and think keeping him was a decision with the best interests of the program involved. It was a decision in the best interest of Mike Woodson for 24-25. They’re trying to get so much talent even Woody can’t jack it up instead of making the hard decisions and trying to get the coach of the future. It’s like we are being coached by a guy operating on a franchise tag. 

We are going to get 2-3 top talents with our NIL resources, and we are going to have one of the most talented rosters in the Big Ten next year.  Unfortunately, we'll lose some games against teams with less talent because our coach is just adequate.  Next year we'll be wondering if we could have made a Final 8 if we had brought in a Pearl or May and given one of them the resources that we have provided Woodson.  

7 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

So this travis guy puts a crystal ball in for ballo and the iu twitter guys are now convinced ballo is ours along with rice and the stanford guy.. What kind of credibility does this guy have? I thought ballo hasn't even taken any visits yet.

Ballo was a starter at Arizona that consistently won.  The most likely reason that he's leaving is to get paid.  IU is desperate and has made it known that we'll write the biggest checks.  I think the likelihood is high that we'll meet his number.  

Ballo was a starter at Arizona that consistently won.  The most likely reason that he's leaving is to get paid.  IU is desperate and has made it known that we'll write the biggest checks.  I think the likelihood is high that we'll meet his number.  
I know who ballo is I wonder what he wants a million? He would also start over Malik I assume he won't be coming to come off the bench.

24 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

He’s probably heard what I have. IU is going to try to meet everything Ballo wants and then say commit to us and not take your other visits. Lots of people think it will work. 

19 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I don’t see a world where Brad Stevens wants to coach college basketball again. Just not buying it. 

I know you don’t want to take my word for it but he’s told a lot of people in the last 5 years that he will coach CBB again particularly one school.

24 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

It costs 0 dollars to use Google and find out that this Travis guy is a national recruiting analyst for 247. If you got real good at using Google, which again is free, you could even find that he’s 203/215 (94.4%) on his picks if you were able to come up with the right search query. 

21 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I don’t see a world where Brad Stevens wants to coach college basketball again. Just not buying it. 

He’s going to get the itch to coach again, it happens to every coach. 

He’s probably heard what I have. IU is going to try to meet everything Ballo wants and then say commit to us and not take your other visits. Lots of people think it will work. 
So he is just guessing basically. I mean Woodson has bas of cash so that part isn't surprising