Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

4 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

And not one person is stopping you.

But you're trying to. Otherwise you're just posting in the wind (see what I did there?). 

4 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Well you seem hellbent on stopping us, tbh.. 

Despite calling out your inaccuracies and half-truths, I’ve not once tried to censor or ask you to refrain from sharing your opinions of Mike Woodson.

Between the poor product on the court and the tension/animosity amongst the fanbase (exacerbated by Woody's comments on senior nights and silence from Scott Dolson) it's like they're trying to make people stop caring/following the program closely.

This place is going to be deservedly rocky until we've got a set roster for next year, or at least 10 spots filled. Even then, people will be rightly skeptical until next season's team gives people any reason to believe otherwise (if that's even possible for some people anymore)

2 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

I’m not doing anything other than providing context. Anyone who thinks Woodson neglected his coaching duties by golfing this morning fail to understand that:

a) it’s a recruiting dead period

b) he’s at a national coaching convention with 5,000 other coaches

c) playing a 4 hour round at 8am on a Sunday with A and B in play has zero impact on a season that starts 7 months from now.

Either that are posters are being purposely obtuse, which at this point, is starting to make more sense.

It's symbolism my guy.  Plus as guy who saw Coach K and Roy Williams there's a ton he can do during that period.  First it's incredibly naive to think there is no recruiting.  All you have to do is call a teacher outside the basketball department and then he/or she passes the phone to the recruit (I've seen this done first hand at least prior to NIL). It's dirty yes, but that's just that how game is being played right now. 

Second and more importantly this is also the time where you as the coach help other sports and your program by helping to raise money.   This is a 80 hour a week type of job in out of the season.  

Yes the man is entitled to relax but given the context of what has happened in the past  and how he really is just haughty towards his fellow coaches, the man does not deserve the benefit of any doubt.  He has the right to golf BUT people have a right to call him out. Especially for someone whose getting paid millions  to do a very time intensive job. Sheesh.  

19 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

Andrew Hall class of 93. I have nothing to hide.

Great. Never said you did or do. Just always question new posters when they start posting and want to curb certain board behaviors. Especially in a time where the coaches seat is scorching hot with the fanbase. We all know the athletic department watches the boards and many there are IU alumns with nothing to hide either. keep up your good fight but nothing will improve until Woodson is gone or wins the conference/goes to final four. 

Just now, Banksyrules said:

It's symbolism my guy.  Plus as guy who saw Coach K and Roy Williams there's a ton he can do during that period.  First it's incredibly naive to think there is no recruiting.  All you have to do is call a teacher outside the basketball department and then he/or she passes the phone to the recruit (I've seen this done first hand at least prior to NIL). It's dirty yes, but that's just that how game is being played right now. 

Second and more importantly this is also the time where you as the coach help other sports and your program by helping to raise money.   This is a 80 hour a week type of job in out of the season.  

Yes the man is entitled to relax but given the context of what has happened in the past  and how he really is just haughty towards his fellow coaches, the man does not deserve the benefit of any doubt.  He has the right to golf BUT people have a right to call him out. Especially for someone whose getting paid millions  to do a very time intensive job. Sheesh.  

You do understand that there are literally over 500 D1 head and assistant coaches in Phoenix right now for the annual NABC convention correct, Mike Woodson included?  Mike Woodson playing golf this morning is a literal non-starter, that is unless you have an agenda to push.

3 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

Between the poor product on the court and the tension/animosity amongst the fanbase (exacerbated by Woody's comments on senior nights and silence from Scott Dolson) it's like they're trying to make people stop caring/following the program closely.

This place is going to be deservedly rocky until we've got a set roster for next year, or at least 10 spots filled. Even then, people will be rightly skeptical until next season's team gives people any reason to believe otherwise (if that's even possible for some people anymore)

Agree with all that. But if you were expecting a bunch of portal commits to pop this weekend I don’t know what else to tell you. It wasn’t going to happen regardless if Woodson played golf this morning or not.

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Alright well I’m never gonna win this argument, so I think it’s tyme that I check out. 

Admittedly clever, but also completely wrong. At least you tried though.

1 minute ago, AH1971 said:

Agree with all that. But if you were expecting a bunch of portal commits to pop this weekend I don’t know what else to tell you. It wasn’t going to happen regardless if Woodson played golf this morning or not.

I didn't say I expect that, ever. You're putting words in my mouth just for the sake of arguing. 

19 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

You do understand that there are literally over 500 D1 head and assistant coaches in Phoenix right now for the annual NABC convention correct, Mike Woodson included?  Mike Woodson playing golf this morning is a literal non-starter, that is unless you have an agenda to push.

You realize it goes back to him playing golf instead of recruiting during the last 3 years? So when ppl see him golfing on social media and we don’t have a roster, coming off a bad year, he will get burned by the fans. If he can’t handle the heat he can exit anytime he wants. Saying that I hope he is successful next year but his lack of understanding how to build a college roster over the last 3 years has me doubting. But if he succeeds, then IU succeeds. So Im pulling for him. 

Just now, AH1971 said:

lol you don't think they're having private banquets? Also it's called a phone they can call recruits(even though it's not allowed).  People are ticked off man. It's the symbolism they're talking about.  Obviously you think anyone who disagrees with you has an agenda. Grow up and give the other posters some respect. 

7 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

I have an agenda to push:

Agenda:

1). Fire Mike Woodson

2). Profit

3 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

I didn't say I expect that, ever. You're putting words in my mouth just for the sake of arguing. 

Then why bring up the lack of a complete roster? It’s April 7th, the current season isn’t even over. More than half of the 360 some D1 teams have incomplete rosters on this date. There’s over 1000 players in the portal still growing by the day. It’s the new nature of this sport. I don’t get tying Woodson with golfing this morning to that fact. We had 9 players on the roster at this date last year, 2 more than what it is this year.

6 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

lol you don't think they're having private banquets? Also it's called a phone they can call recruits(even though it's not allowed).  People are ticked off man. It's the symbolism they're talking about.  Obviously you think anyone who disagrees with you has an agenda. Grow up and give the other posters some respect. 

Who is having a private banquet at 8am on a Sunday morning the night after the F4 lol?

Mike Woodson played golf this morning with a massive NIL facilitator, you don’t think they’re talking and back channeling recruits????

1 hour ago, AH1971 said:

Of course. Driving home a false narrative is immature. That same poster doubled down on it.

Tripled down.  Get off social media broadcasting the whole having a "good old time" until you actually win something.  I don't give a flying ---- if it is up, down, right, or left period.  How many of these other coaches out there did you see having their tee times advertised?  How many did you see yucking it up with buddies in the drinking and cigar dungeon after a loss during the season?  Zero?  

I will quadruple and quintuple down.  It is tone deaf.

8 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

I do have an agenda, I want a new coach.