Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson + Assessment of Former Posters

20 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

The mob posts BS. They claimed the whole roster would transfer out. Didn’t happen. They claimed nobody wants to come here to play in the system. Obviously not true. Now they move the goalposts to it’s just the money. These guys can all get money elsewhere. Zero credibility.

Why are you quoting me for this response? Not sure what this drivel has to do with what I posted about Woodson winning the off-season with money from a couple of billionaires' wallets...

Let's wait until the actual season starts and see what Mediocre Mike is able to conjure up. We won last off-season and it got us all the way to what, 18-13? Second verse, same as the first.

19 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Holy crap.

Did Brad Stevens really say “We’d like to get over that hump.”

That’s pretty funny.

Was exactly my thought. The bridge is being built but it still can’t get us over the damn hump!

Major college sports in major conferences is strictly a business transaction.  I suppose it’s like going to the bank for a business transaction.

I suppose it is exciting and demonstrates coaching expertise for some…..along with university, community, civics, and fans involvement and support.

Don't confuse a couple of billionaires' $2M with "muscle". Woodson still has to coach this team (and there are still 3 open scholarships). So far, Woodson has not impressed me with his "work" this off-season - I'd expect the same results from 90% of the regulars on BTB with $6M to spend. We get chastised for posting reality on the pro-Woodson threads... now we got the sunshine pumpers trying to pump in the Fire Woodson thread.  FIRE MEDIOCRE MIKE WOODSON TODAY.

How much work did Woodson actually do. Who negotiated the million dollar salary with ballo? I am guessing not Woodson. I just want to know if all the sunshine pumpers will admit with this roster he needs to make the Sweet sixeteen? My guess is they will still consider Woodson successful if he goes 21-13. Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk 

How much work did Woodson actually do. Who negotiated the million dollar salary with ballo? I am guessing not Woodson. I just want to know if all the sunshine pumpers will admit with this roster he needs to make the Sweet sixeteen? My guess is they will still consider Woodson successful if he goes 21-13. Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk  

Agree 100%. I doubt Woodson did much more than dangle a Cook or Simons check in front of the kids. He hasn’t shown me much of anything in 3-plus years. Why expect more at this point?

FIRE MEDIOCRE MIKE.

26 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Agree 100%. I doubt Woodson did much more than dangle a Cook or Simons check in front of the kids. He hasn’t shown me much of anything in 3-plus years. Why expect more at this point?

FIRE MEDIOCRE MIKE.

I imagine check was set up as direct deposit.

Can’t hide behind wait til next year when you have the fans, history and now NIL behind this program. The biggest benefit will be to us and these 10 year Crean like rebuilds that won’t sell. This will be Woody’s year 3 with NIL and his last to prove his coaching chops. Either win bigger than he has shown to be able to do or next person up. I will be patiently waiting.

15 minutes ago, schoosier said:

Can’t hide behind wait til next year when you have the fans, history and now NIL behind this program. The biggest benefit will be to us and these 10 year Crean like rebuilds that won’t sell. This will be Woody’s year 3 with NIL and his last to prove his coaching chops. Either win bigger than he has shown to be able to do or next person up. I will be patiently waiting.

Totally agree. If he wins then 99% of the fans will be off his back. 

NIL support at least shows me that whenever IU makes a change due to retirement or firing, the program will be able to land players. 

16 hours ago, Golfman25 said:

With all due respect to the dudes who gutted that first year out, Crean started with less than nothing.  

With the portal haul, Woodson needs to win the Big Ten and elite 8, minimum.  

Crean didn't have a cool 6 million to spend.  I think Crean would be pretty good in the NIL era.

Crean didn't have a cool 6 million to spend.  I think Crean would be pretty good in the NIL era.
I think so. Woodson having to build a team pre nil like crean did I mean wow that would have been ugly.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

31 minutes ago, Hoosier DaDa said:

I agree. Maybe it was the right coach at the wrong time. Would be he most IU thing ever. Sampson was the right coach but screwed it up. 

1 hour ago, Hoosier DaDa said:

I would agree.  He's kinda of that used car salesman type.  :)