Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Purdue - Tuesday, 01.16.24 @ 7:00

8 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

I f***ing hate this kid 

Was pretty quiet when JHS dropped 35 on his head last year...

Finally gets a win in the series and is a tough guy.

God I hate where we are right now...but I guess you can't say much when you get blown out of your own building. 

44 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

What is kind of sad is that Ware’s draft prospects are probably higher than Edey’s.  Such a strange shift the NBA has made in the last decade.

ESPN "rankings" has Edey at 14 and Ware at 22, if that means anything.  :)  

Woodson acknowledged he blew it leaving Bako out for extended minutes after his second foul. Honestly Cupps playing 22 min with 1 assist was also part of the problem. X had a pretty bad game but bringing him off the bench for Cupps aint the answer, should be pushing x and living with the issues, imo. Cupps lacks experience, strength, speed, he’ll be good but he’s not ready.

Finding plusses in such a bad game is hard, but liking Bako rounding into form, we shot more 3’s, Gallo bounced back and with 3-7 from the arc. Hope to see them respond (after the usual loss at Wisc) like they did the last big embarrassment 

2 hours ago, Home Jersey said:

I f***ing hate this kid 

This is awesome. I get it, he's punchable, and we hate losing to Purdue. But this is awesome, and hilarious. He could have ramped it up even more. I hope one of our players said the same thing when we won in Mackey last year. I loved Sheehey flexing in Mackey. I look forward to the day we field a team that plays like they do and earn the right to confidently take some jabs in the presser.

8 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

They are only one I found like that, have you found others? I have heard they can be manipulated by agents, at ESPN fyi. Draft articles, ranking etc. You may know that. 

The only "ranking" that matters is draft day.  :)  

4 hours ago, AZ Hoosier said:

So, I am not allowed to have an opinion about that bone-head getting another flagrant foul? Nice...

From reading the recaps here, it only strengthens my opinion of X... 

I’m with you!  I wish CMW would just cut ties with him.  I have grown tired of the X show.  Some on here think he’s our best shot to make the dance.  I personally don’t think so.  For us to have a chance to make the dance, CMW should cut the rotation down to 6.  Cupps, Trey, Mgbako, Reneau and Ware and Walker comes of the bench. I think Mgbako’s ball handling has improved enough he could slide into the SG position for a couple minutes.  I think it would work and X sits on the bench beside the water boy 

11 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Could easily be more than that.  I just don't see any fix coming from our head coach and I'm really effing tired of hearing him say he's got to get them over the hump.  

Me too!  I mentioned this earlier, shorten the rotation to 6 for us to have a chance to compete and win games and make it to the tournament.

1 hour ago, Golfman25 said:

ESPN "rankings" has Edey at 14 and Ware at 22, if that means anything.  :)  

Yeah, good ole ESPN.

:)

NBAdraft.net updated their first round mock yesterday;  Ware 29, Edey not there.  Yardbarker updated their first round mock today — Ware 14, Edey not there.  Tankathon has Ware at 18 and Edey at 21.

No one would argue that Ware is a better college player than Edey….but that’s not what the NBA is about.  The NBA game today presents a lot of issues for Edey.  TJD has gotten by his lack of perimeter game with very quick interior moves.  Edey doesn’t have that….all he has is size.

15 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Me too!  I mentioned this earlier, shorten the rotation to 6 for us to have a chance to compete and win games and make it to the tournament.

There isn’t a team in college basketball with a six man rotation, and for good reason.

5 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Yeah, good ole ESPN.

:)

NBAdraft.net updated their first round mock yesterday;  Ware 29, Edey not there.  Yardbarker updated their first round mock today — Ware 14, Edey not there.  Tankathon has Ware at 18 and Edey at 21.

No one would argue that Ware is a better college player than Edey….but that’s not what the NBA is about.  The NBA game today presents a lot of issues for Edey.  TJD has gotten by his lack of perimeter game with very quick interior moves.  Edey doesn’t have that….all he has is size.

I hope he gets drafted in the 1st round, I don’t want him coming back for his COVID year.  

9 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Worst home loss to Purdue since 1934. WOW, that says a lot to me.

How many times are we going to bench guys with 2 fouls in the first half and they end up with no close to 5 fouls? MM ended with 2, Ware with 3. Cost us way too much in the first half. That was the game. 

The play with Purdue up 20, a loose ball, Edey diving on the floor, and Ware trying to pick it up is the difference between IU & Purdue these days.

Purdue will get to the tournament, have the officials call the game the correct way, and lose. Big Ten does no favors by babying them. Edey should have had two fouls within the first 5 minutes of the game. 

We have to turn this roster over for next season. I expect us to bring in two portal guards, one PG, and one shooting. One HS PG, plus McNeely and most likely Queen. But do not tell the portal guys how much you will pay them until you get them on campus. We don't want a Dalton Kneght scenario to play out again. I think we will lose a lot of players to the portal. 

Lots of boosters are not happy, Mike Woodson is not happy, we'll see if there is a negotiated price to be reached at the end of the season. I have heard talks but nothing concrete.

Trilly said on his pay site that the worst-kept secret in CBB is that Dusty May wants to IU job badly. We'll see what happens there. 

That was the most unenjoyable game I have watched in a long time. 

Lots of talk of our so-called leaders enjoying the nightlife a little too much. This went on during the Knight days but at least we won back then. 

Wow.!

13 hours ago, Ngw7183 said:

Yeah, I said this before - I know someone very close to me who had to recover from 2 back to back injuries. You have no idea what that does to a top athlete. No idea unless you have done it. 

Their friend then went through it and said the same “I used to think I understood but had no idea.” 

There are examples of athletes having their full identity tied to sports, lose it and commit suicide. People need to stop. He knows he sucks right now. Nobody is more upset about it than himself. 

I don't think much of the anger is directed towards his play, rather his actions on the court. Playing poor for a stretch is one thing, acting like a goon (which is a choice) is another. Plenty of players go through droughts and don't act they way XJ does on the court. He's done nothing to help himself. 

3 hours ago, IndyResident16 said:

I don't think much of the anger is directed towards his play, rather his actions on the court. Playing poor for a stretch is one thing, acting like a goon (which is a choice) is another. Plenty of players go through droughts and don't act they way XJ does on the court. He's done nothing to help himself. 

Exactly!!!!   Ding, ding, ding, we have winner!!!!  I feel bad that the grown man, who was appointed captain and was supposed to be a leader, has totally failed at being a leader by his actions on the court.  

Just now, Hovadipo said:

This is neither true, nor particularly close to it. 

Against us they mainly played 6 meaningful minutes. I don't think playing 3 minutes in a game  being in the rotation.