Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

Coach Curt Cignetti to INDIANA

Mods please feel free to move as you deem appropriate, but we've seen three more decommitments from the '24 class over the last 24 hours or so, see below, judging by the comments you can infer this may have been approached by the incoming staff.  N of 1, I don't have an issue, and know many times these moves are in the best interest of the athlete and program, although the timing is unfortunate.1598309930_ScreenShot2023-12-03at4_29_36PM.thumb.png.075141ba50a75ace259fa64754ebf9d9.png238197729_ScreenShot2023-12-03at4_31_09PM.thumb.png.e45ff1925e570429dcb6464cb28028a6.png1758915526_ScreenShot2023-12-03at4_30_00PM.thumb.png.ec8df6cf954d3d6646c595a331f407e9.png

14 minutes ago, MemphisHoosier said:

Mods please feel free to move as you deem appropriate, but we've seen three more decommitments from the '24 class over the last 24 hours or so, see below, judging by the comments you can infer this may have been approached by the incoming staff.  N of 1, I don't have an issue, and know many times these moves are in the best interest of the athlete and program, although the timing is unfortunate.1598309930_ScreenShot2023-12-03at4_29_36PM.thumb.png.075141ba50a75ace259fa64754ebf9d9.png238197729_ScreenShot2023-12-03at4_31_09PM.thumb.png.e45ff1925e570429dcb6464cb28028a6.png1758915526_ScreenShot2023-12-03at4_30_00PM.thumb.png.ec8df6cf954d3d6646c595a331f407e9.png

Yeah to me seems like these players have talked with the new staff and know they should move on. The staff's responsibility is to put IU in the best position to win, if they don't feel these guys can perform at this level they need to find recruits that can.

39 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Yeah to me seems like these players have talked with the new staff and know they should move on. The staff's responsibility is to put IU in the best position to win, if they don't feel these guys can perform at this level they need to find recruits that can.

Judah Jenkins is surprising. Baltimore kid who played at a powerhouse program that was offered by JMU while CC was the coach. A lot of DMV area kids played for CC.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Ummm… I detect a trend!

Three different kids with three different families and three different coaches compose nearly the exact same de-commitment message.

To me? Sounds like Indiana wrote it for them, and they slightly modified it and sent it out.

For me again? Therefore seems like these are Indiana’s decision primarily.

I'm pretty sure you're correct. Carpenter and Etheridge were both quoted in a article saying they liked the Cignetti hire.

Edit: Here's the article. All 3 were mentioned in it and 2 were recruited by by JMU according to the article and their 247 profiles.

https://247sports.com/article/indiana-football-curt-cignetti-hired-recruits-talk-hoosiers-221872939/

44 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Either can't perform or just didn't fit the system.

Although the Etheridge one would be odd for either of those. He was recruited by JMU and had offers from Penn State, Duke, VT, and a few other P5 schools. So that one may have been his choice, since he didn't commit to JMU in the first place.

3 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

Either can't perform or just didn't fit the system.

Although the Etheridge one would be odd for either of those. He was recruited by JMU and had offers from Penn State, Duke, VT, and a few other P5 schools. So that one may have been his choice, since he didn't commit to JMU in the first place.

True on both. Could be about fit or the recruit coming to the decision on their own.

2 hours ago, WhiteyMcSpeed said:

Looks like Buddha Williams is being added to the staff, previously with Colorado State

55E56242-8D12-40A9-BFB4-BF7A8458CA5D.jpeg

A coach specifically for DE, he didn't have that at JMU. Checking the CSU site, Williams has a developed some All Conference players granted at FCS.

5 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

A coach specifically for DE, he didn't have that at JMU. Checking the CSU site, Williams has a developed some All Conference players granted at FCS.

Kuntz is coaching DTs