Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

2023 SF/PF Mackenzie Mgbako to INDI-F’N-ANA

This board's opinion on the utility of info gleaned from social media seems to change like the direction of the wind, lol. 

Not sure why someone would visit a message board and click on a recruiting thread if they're not interested in the latest news on recruits. If you don't consider social media activity to be news, that's fine... if nothing else, it is contextual information that you can ignore without snide comments. Guess there is no fun in that though

8 minutes ago, mbredenk101 said:

Maybe XJ had a rough workout today and is determined to work harder? Maybe he just ate a huge meal and is feeling indigestion? Literally his tweet could mean anything.....

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using BtownBanners mobile app

I’d be more worried it’s a setback in his recovery from his knee.

3 minutes ago, TeeterInNJ said:

This board's opinion on the utility of info gleaned from social media seems to change like the direction of the wind, lol. 

Not sure why someone would visit a message board and click on a recruiting thread if they're not interested in the latest news on recruits. If you don't consider social media activity to be news, that's fine... if nothing else, it is contextual information that you can ignore without snide comments. Guess there is no fun in that though

Have to say that I didn’t see a single thing that I would consider ‘snide’.

3 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Oh I’ll be snide about some KU fan account playing fake insider on twitter! Saw the account claiming MM was a KU lock this afternoon, fighting with IU fans hoping. JUST NOW, hours later, he’s asking Trilly for Mgbako news.

6 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

This is the final post I will make on the subject because I am not looking for drama and would rather argue with KU fans. It's message board banter and not a big deal. Just an odd thing to do IMO ...  

Snide (adjective): derogatory or mocking in an indirect way (per Oxford dictionary).

20 minutes ago, IU_FanClub said:

These tweets from players don’t mean anything come on people

11 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:
Interpreting tweets is the fifth and final stage of madness

Fixed it for you

17 minutes ago, mbredenk101 said:

Maybe XJ had a rough workout today and is determined to work harder? Maybe he just ate a huge meal and is feeling indigestion? Literally his tweet could mean anything.....

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using BtownBanners mobile app

Edit: yes, you can call me snide/petty or whatever for this post. Lol

2 minutes ago, lillurk said:

Oh I’ll be snide about some KU fan account playing fake insider on twitter! Saw the account claiming MM was a KU lock this afternoon, fighting with IU fans hoping. JUST NOW, hours later, he’s asking Trilly for Mgbako news.

Ohhhh I know which account you are taking about

So do we think Woodson and Co are still reaching out and staying in touch with MM in this 11th hour? I’ve always wondered about how much is too much contact before a commitment? How much more money is currently trying to be pulled together and thrown at MM? I’m sure all these recruits want some time with family and just to think too. 

6 minutes ago, TeeterInNJ said:

This is the final post I will make on the subject because I am not looking for drama and would rather argue with KU fans. It's message board banter and not a big deal. Just an odd thing to do IMO ...  

Snide (adjective): derogatory or mocking in an indirect way (per Oxford dictionary).

The only snide post — fifth stage of madness — was AFTER you said posts were snide.  Suggesting that people are reading too much into a tweet isn’t.  It’s giving an opinion.

Does any find it interesting that X, our point guard, JHS and MM have been instagram or Twitter, (which ever one) throughout this? It’s almost as if it could be “shop talk”. Who knows. Just trying to add to the mystery! Lol

33 minutes ago, TeeterInNJ said:

Just in fun my friend, no mockery intended