Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

2023-2024 IUBB Schedule

21 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Solid non-conference schedule. Wonder how they'll determine who plays who in the Empire Classic. Just a guess..Louisville vs. UConn and us vs. Texas. If IU can avoid playing Louisville not a bad non-conference schedule. Kansas, UConn and/or Texas, Auburn. Add in some respectable programs like Harvard, Kennesaw State, Morehead State, and FGCU. 

Looking at last year's final Kenpom rankings, the lowest ranked team on this schedule that we're guaranteed to face is North Alabama at 256. 

Our SOS would take a hit with Louisville, who finished at 290. lol

Looking at last year's final Kenpom rankings, the lowest ranked team on this schedule that we're guaranteed to face is North Alabama at 256. 

Our SOS would take a hit with Louisville, who finished at 290. lol

There is zero chance Louisville ends up at 290. Torvik has them 138. Seems fair with a much higher ceiling.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

3 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

Ew. 

Would you rather they be in the student package and have the half the seats empty which is what would happen if you left them in it? This is the best of both worlds. Still have a small student section behind basket and the rest will be people who re-buy tickets. This is basically how it was student wise for every big women's game last year and will be again next year. 

Everyone will have a chance to buy tickets who wants now but you will still have a small student section. I was afraid there would be no organized student section which would have been unfortunate. This is the best of both worlds and is basically the equivalent of the Iowa and Purdue women's game last year which was an awesome atmosphere and this will be same.     

I am open to suggestions if you or anyone else has a better idea on how to distribute the season tickets? You can't leave them in package as many would go unused then. Don't see how there is a better way than this if you were going to play the game on this date but am more than happy to here others thoughts. 

Also, I read the twitter comments and they are pretty comical. If this was solely about money for Dolson as people on twitter claimed he would not reserve premium court seats at student prices for those students who want to stay back. This dream by them that all these out of state students would have stayed back is a fantasy. 

I said last year this date was over break and tickets would need to be resold and everyone responded to me that Kansas atmosphere would be great regardless and it beat having a Crossroads Classic Game.  The fact they are creating a unified student section over break is honestly a step farther than I thought IU would take it and am very impressed this is the outcome and best for all. 

58 minutes ago, Josh said:

No road game until Big Ten in January.  Dislike.  I have no idea who that game will be but I'll bet we lose.

We'll have two Big Ten games the first week of December and one of those will be a road game. 

13 hours ago, Aaron said:

Would you rather they be in the student package and have the half the seats empty which is what would happen if you left them in it? This is the best of both worlds. Still have a small student section behind basket and the rest will be people who re-buy tickets. This is basically how it was student wise for every big women's game last year and will be again next year. 

Everyone will have a chance to buy tickets who wants now but you will still have a small student section. I was afraid there would be no organized student section which would have been unfortunate. This is the best of both worlds and is basically the equivalent of the Iowa and Purdue women's game last year which was an awesome atmosphere and this will be same.     

I am open to suggestions if you or anyone else has a better idea on how to distribute the season tickets? You can't leave them in package as many would go unused then. Don't see how there is a better way than this if you were going to play the game on this date but am more than happy to here others thoughts. 

Also, I read the twitter comments and they are pretty comical. If this was solely about money for Dolson as people on twitter claimed he would not reserve premium court seats at student prices for those students who want to stay back. This dream by them that all these out of state students would have stayed back is a fantasy. 

I said last year this date was over break and tickets would need to be resold and everyone responded to me that Kansas atmosphere would be great regardless and it beat having a Crossroads Classic Game.  The fact they are creating a unified student section over break is honestly a step farther than I thought IU would take it and am very impressed this is the outcome and best for all. 

It’s stupid to schedule top games like Kansas during breaks when all the students are gone. Atmosphere won’t be nearly the same. 

48 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

It’s stupid to schedule top games like Kansas during breaks when all the students are gone. Atmosphere won’t be nearly the same. 

I said game could be done at a better time when it was announced almost two yrs ago. However, if Dolson were making it part of the winter break package solely to make money as Twitter claimed he would not have reserved the 600 best seats for students.

I said on this board at the time the series was set on this date it would be over break and tickets would need to be resold. My comment was immediately shot down and I was told how much better it was to play Kansas on this date then be in the Crossroads Classic. 

Here is the page with the thread where I pointed out at the time and was promptly told it was not being a big deal:

https://btownbanners.com/topic/13249-2022-23-iubb-schedule/?tab=comments#comment-687968

Fast forward two years and now people are complaining about what I pointed out at time. Maybe this is only date that worked for both teams. Only thing that is different from 2021 when game was decided for that Saturday is IU is actually making a unified student section which I would not have guessed as this has never been done before over break. 

Seems athletic department is making best of the situation.  

2 hours ago, reconmkd said:

So will the Kansas game be in the Mini-Series package? I hope so, since I buy that every year lol!

Yes it will be in mini series. However, because it is part of the series, the packages will likely sell out as is with all games in it without single game tickets available this year for other break games (other than the 600 behind basket being reserved for just this game).

Will make the non-Kansas games over break really cheap on stub hub for those who buy whole package just for KU (and most will).