Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Game Thread: vs. Maryland @ 3:30 on ESPN2

8 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Whenever they hire a new coach, they can’t have a fear about the guy “leaving us for something better if he succeeds.” In IU’s storied football history, hoe many times has that happened? People gushed and gushed about how great CTA is because he wouldn’t leave IU if he succeeded, but then the AD gave him a monstrous buyout anyway. Hire the best coach you can find. If he leaves, he leaves.

And for the love of god. whatever you do, don’t hire the guy down the hall with no head coaching experience beyond the high school level. 

So bad on many levels. No coaching search then hand out a big contract based on Covid year? Insanity. Let him leave we coulda won 2 games and lost half the roster to transfer with no coach at all.

13 hours ago, Alford Bailey said:

This Allen contract will go down as one of the worst moves in IU football history. 

ABSOLUTELY.

I don’t know if Boosters care too much of buying him out too. We will be stuck for many years. If I’m Scott, I’m calling around asking for names of who could turn the program around.

14 hours ago, cthomas said:

We play to be mediocre at best. That's our ceiling. Hoping for a 6 - 6 season is the definition of a losers mentality. I don't see anything on the roster or in the pipeline that will change that. Frankly, it's embarrassing.

It's hard to deny the truth in this.

IU has shown that it can't or won't go out and hire a proven, exceptional coach.  This leads me toward the opinion that we need to quit wasting money and resources on a perennially losing program and direct those resources to other programs.  It's a disgusting attitude, but repeating the same decades old script is too.

17 hours ago, TTT said:

Play home and away series for the next 10 years vs Indiana State in Terre Haute.

can IU go 10 wins?

Maybe. At this point, I wouldn't count on it.

7 hours ago, pumpfake said:

It's hard to deny the truth in this.

IU has shown that it can't or won't go out and hire a proven, exceptional coach.  This leads me toward the opinion that we need to quit wasting money and resources on a perennially losing program and direct those resources to other programs.  It's a disgusting attitude, but repeating the same decades old script is too.

Can't do that.  Football is the cash cow...for most.

16 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Not as much at IU as other schools 

We need to build a bigger stadium.  We could fill it up when tOSU, Michigan, Penn St., etc....come to town.

28 minutes ago, Rico said:

We need to build a bigger stadium.  We could fill it up when tOSU, Michigan, Penn St., etc....come to town.

What is sad is even if we sell our every game that are game day revenue is still half than UM, OSU and PSU

5 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Something I didn't realize -- that was our 700th loss. 

Not this season (though it seems like it). We're the first Division I program to "achieve" that. 

Indiana football -- 125 years of pure horsesh-t! Congrats, boys! 

A "special" program.

1 hour ago, LamarCheeks said:

Something I didn't realize -- that was our 700th loss. 

Not this season (though it seems like it). We're the first Division I program to "achieve" that. 

Indiana football -- 125 years of pure horsesh-t! Congrats, boys! 

Coach Allen is all about the IU tradition.