Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2023) - SG Jamie Kaiser Jr. to Maryland

@J_Kaiser53:  Blessed to receive an offer to play basketball at Indiana University!

Kaiser is listed as 6'5" and 210 lbs. and is also the QB on his Bishop Ireton high school football team in Alexandria, VA.  Alec Lasley referred to  him as a wing, 247 and MaxPreps call him a SG.   Plays AAU for New World 3SSB on the Adidas circuit and is a teammate of '24 Khani  Rooths who also holds an IU offer.  Kaiser is rated as a 3-star on Rivals; unrated on 247.

MaxPreps

Hudl

https://www.yardbarker.com/general_sports/articles/boston_college_offers_23_guard_jamie_kaiser/s1_16550_37497449

https://www.si.com/college/virginia/basketball/uva-basketball-offers-in-state-shooting-guard-jamie-kaiser

https://badgerswire.usatoday.com/2022/05/05/2023-sg-jamie-kaiser-discusses-his-official-visit-to-wisconsin/

Jamie Shaw on this weekend's Southern Jam Fest:   Jamie Kaiser was one of the main attractions for me coming into this event. Since watching him in Spartanburg a couple of weeks ago, his recruitment has picked up a lot of steam. Watching him at Southern Jam Fest, you can see why. The former football star has a picture-perfect jump shot with deep range and outstanding balance. He is efficient in his game and knows how t get to where he needs to make a play. In the night two nightcap, Kaiser finished with an easy 29.

Another commentator on the same event:   ‘23 @NewWorldAAU Jamie Kaiser ends the evening with a 29-point outburst to help his team advance to Sunday play. Converted on 4 3’s and feasted on the offensive glass in transition.

Jack Herron of PrepHoopsVA:  Kaiser putting on an absolute show here right now at Southern. You won’t find a hotter name in the DMV right now

Jamie Shaw names Kaiser as the MVP of the Southern Jam Fest.

Since the start of April, Jamie Kaiser has been on a tear. Of course, the wing led the WCAC in scoring this past season, so this type of production is nothing new. But, now that he has turned away from his high major football offers, people are paying a little more notice. Kaiser knows his game and understands how to get to his spots. Skillset plus efficiency, and now the eyes are watching.

Recruitment: Has taken official visits to Wisconsin and Harvard. Indiana, Virginia, Virginia Tech, etc., have offered recently.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-qa-with-2023-wing-jamie-kaiser/

Schumann interview with Kaiser. Bright kid.

Kaiser — Yeah, I’ve been talking to my dad about that a lot.  He’s like ‘you have a Big Ten body, you’re 6-6, you can shoot, the Big Ten is probably your money maker.’  
Dad endorsing the Big Ten can’t be a bad thing.

Q: What visits do you have set up?

A: "I have already visited Wisconsin and Virginia and have visits set up with Maryland and West Virginia."

Q: What are looking for in a school you pick?
A: "I'm looking for a good relationship with the coaching staffs and systems that fit my game."
Q: When do you plan on committing?
A: "I plan to commit the last week of June."

So, potentially no IU visit before the commitment date? That would end this story in a hurry. If so, I guess good on him for not sucking up attention and resources if we're not a viable option.

From an article today, post-UVA visit:

As he heads towards the finish line, Kaiser says UVA has done enough to rank him high on his list. "I'd rank them definitely in the top three," he said. "Probably Indiana and Wisconsin right now before taking my Maryland visit [would also be in the top three]."

It'll be UVA or IU. UVA makes a lot of sense - excellent program that is close, but not too close to home. But we will get the last visit.