Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2023) - SG Jamie Kaiser Jr. to Maryland

1 minute ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

Someone on BR said hes taking an additional visit back to maryland this week. Is there any evidence other than this?

A91E4516-2911-4EB8-8A16-D690CDBB65EF.png

He's doing an unofficial to Maryland tomorrow. I'm guessing he's still undecided, but maybe he's an IU lean and is giving Maryland a final opportunity to sway him. If we don't hear him about him committing to Maryland Thursday or Friday, I'm hopeful he ends up at IU.

Just now, vemmeistars said:

He's doing an unofficial to Maryland tomorrow. I'm guessing he's still undecided, but maybe he's an IU lean and is giving Maryland a final opportunity to sway him. If we don't hear him about him committing to Maryland Thursday or Friday, I'm hopeful he ends up at IU.

Either way, it seems very much that he is down to two schools and we should expect a commitment announcement within a week or two.

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Telling Maryland "thanks, but I'm committing to Indiana" would very unlikely be done with an in-person visit.

Makes me not optimistic on this one.

I don't feel it that. I am trying to be optimistic and coming off the IU visit and feeling great I could see a family saying are you sure. Lets go back to Maryland just to be sure.  Trying to be a half full glass kinda guy because if not then my info about him committing to IU soon is wrong. I still like where we are but will keep digging to see if I can find anything concrete to add.

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Telling Maryland "thanks, but I'm committing to Indiana" would very unlikely be done with an in-person visit.

Makes me not optimistic on this one.

Could just be wanting to revisit Maryland before making a final decision to be certain, not necessarily going there to tell them no.  

Kaiser isn't going to visit Maryland to tell them he's going to IU. Maryland probably invited Kaiser back after hearing that the Indiana visit went especially well. It is likely more a sign that Kaiser came out of the IU visit leaning IU. He was leaning Maryland before the IU visit and perhaps feels obligated to go back. Maryland wants one last shot at him before he decides. They may be able to get a commitment out of him with this additional visit. Who knows? As someone who lives nearby the University of Maryland, I don't know why any top recruit would go there. It's been a mess there and the facilities are not anywhere nearly as good as IU's.

1 minute ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

Yea this is what i was talking about 

Maryland feels really confident he’s going to announce for them within a week. His parents really want him there.