Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

1 hour ago, Demo said:

Rabby’s  right. I had him 17/11, though I wasn’t tracking. That kid wa17p  relentless. He out-competed everybody. He just took everything to the rim and dared guys to foul him or stop him. First time I’ve watched him. That was a pleasure.

btw: Harris-Smith is the kid defending in the 1st picture. And I guarantee he fought over the screen.

17p on 4-8 FG; 9-11 FT; didn't attempt any 3s; 11r; 2a; 2t; 1s; 0b in 31 min. of court time.  And he claims he wasn't tracking!!!

He plays Coen Carr and the Georgia Stars at 5:00 later today.

Edited by Class of '66 Old Fart

Derrion Reid with a decent game in a double digit U16 loss. He’s a skilled kid with the ball, but, like a lot of kids like that, he has no idea how to play without it. Side note: the winning Florida Rebels team has a 6’7”ish kid named Marcus Allen, who had a terrific game. Just a dynamic athlete. His 2nd jump was quicker than most kids’ 1st jump. 

20 minutes ago, Demo said:

Derrion Reid with a decent game in a double digit U16 loss. He’s a skilled kid with the ball, but, like a lot of kids like that, he has no idea how to play without it. Side note: the winning Florida Rebels team has a 6’7”ish kid named Marcus Allen, who had a terrific game. Just a dynamic athlete. His 2nd jump was quicker than most kids’ 1st jump. 

Team lost by 15.  Reid 10p on 5-7 FG; 0-3 FT; no 3s; 6r; 4a; 6t; 2s; 3b in 31 min.

In an 86-64 win against Coen Carr and Georgia Stars, DeShawn Harris-Smith finished with 17p on 6-10 FG; 1-1 on 3s; 4-5 FT; 13r and 9a just missing a triple double.  

This was his stat line for his first game played today.  17p on 4-8 FG; 9-11 FT; didn't attempt any 3s; 11r; 2a; 2t; 1s; 0b in 31 min. of court time.   An awfully good day for him.

Coen Carr finished with 11p on 5-10 FG; 0-1 on 3s; 1-4 FT; 2r; 2a

52 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

In an 86-64 win against Coen Carr and Georgia Stars, DeShawn Harris-Smith finished with 17p on 6-10 FG; 1-1 on 3s; 4-5 FT; 13r and 9a just missing a triple double.  

This was his stat line for his first game played today.  17p on 4-8 FG; 9-11 FT; didn't attempt any 3s; 11r; 2a; 2t; 1s; 0b in 31 min. of court time.   An awfully good day for him.

Coen Carr finished with 11p on 5-10 FG; 0-1 on 3s; 1-4 FT; 2r; 2a

I was skeptical at first (already having 2 guards in the class), but I'm all in for DHS! 

Looks like a plus wingspan and strong build — can probably be and guard a college 3 even if he doesn’t grow any more. Wonder if IU’s staff and/or his HS/AAU coaches anticipate he gets to 6’6” or 6’7” before he’s done growing.

15 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

And a featured part of the article is on 2023 Sam Orme out of Carmel. If his stock rises that'd be great news. 6'8" and can shoot it. Destined to rise in the rankings per the article.

Jamie Shaw --

16u NY Rens (NY) vs. PSA Cardinals (NY)

This game gave us all exactly what we wanted, a lot of grit and fire. It was obvious from the opening tip that both New York-based teams had this game circled on their schedules.

End of the day, the most dominating player on the floor was 2024 No. 6 Yves Missi, however, the best player may have been 2024 No. 19 Dylan Harper. Harper, the son of former NBAer Ron Harper, displayed elite-level feel for the game. His pace and his reads were consistent throughout the game and his toughness extended possessions for the Rens team. The 6-foot-5 guard finished with 14-points, 9-rebounds, and 5-assists, he was 8-of-11 fro the free-throw line.

Missi was a force within 10-feet of the basket. Playing with determination, explosion, and length. Every shot that went up, he affected it. Every rebound that came off, the 6-foot-10 Missi got a hand on it. PSA Cardinals’ center finished with 20-points and 17-rebounds.

Jamie Shaw --
 16u NY Rens (NY) vs. PSA Cardinals (NY)
This game gave us all exactly what we wanted, a lot of grit and fire. It was obvious from the opening tip that both New York-based teams had this game circled on their schedules.
End of the day, the most dominating player on the floor was 2024 No. 6 Yves Missi, however, the best player may have been 2024 No. 19 Dylan Harper. Harper, the son of former NBAer Ron Harper, displayed elite-level feel for the game. His pace and his reads were consistent throughout the game and his toughness extended possessions for the Rens team. The 6-foot-5 guard finished with 14-points, 9-rebounds, and 5-assists, he was 8-of-11 fro the free-throw line.
Missi was a force within 10-feet of the basket. Playing with determination, explosion, and length. Every shot that went up, he affected it. Every rebound that came off, the 6-foot-10 Missi got a hand on it. PSA Cardinals’ center finished with 20-points and 17-rebounds.

The luck of landing Missi would sure help the sting of not landing Flory Bidunga…. But I’m not going to hold my breath.

I love dominant shot blocking bigs so much. Trayce served this role pretty darn well last season tbh.

I Want one of these studs in 2024. And I guess, so does the rest of college basketball.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

For anyone with some time looking for a really interesting game to watch, IU offeree  Trey McKenney and Meanstreets U15 plays Maine United with consensus ‘25 #1 prospect Cooper Flagg at 12:30 EDT at the EYBL event in Atlanta.

Stream is here:

https://nikeeyb.com/livestream/

They play on court 2.

Really annoyed I can’t watch this one.

29 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

The final live evaluation period when college coaches can watch players in person runs today thru Sunday so we'll see who the staff is really focused on.  

Any guesses? I would think DHS would get some attention. 

9 minutes ago, BtownStrength said:

Any guesses? I would think DHS would get some attention. 

For 2023?

Highest Priority

• Booker
  • Page (if he isn't dinged and plays)
  • Kaiser
  • DHS
  • Maybe Elmarko Jackson, though it's been pretty quiet since we offered
  • Queen if he's serious about a reclass

• Maybe an outlier like Adewale or Orme
  • Starting to feel like Stoyakovich, Carr and Power not so much

Anyone have a different take?

Samad Hines on his Peach Jam standouts.

2024 F Liam McNeeley (Drive Nation) – Liam McNeeley has been outstanding down in North Augusta, South Carolina. Liam checks about every box and has proved he has the ability to do multiple things when on the floor. He exploded for an efficient 28 points on the first day NBA scouts were allowed in the building. His pace, versatile scoring skill set, and production at 6-foot-8 has been on display during his time at the Nike Peach Jam. McNeeley is a good switch defender that can guard all positions, has the athletic ability to block shots, and moves well without the ball. He never seems rushed or out of sorts when on the floor and seems to always makes smart decisions with the basketball.