Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Louisiana - 11/21/21 @ 7:30 on BTN

1 minute ago, mamasa said:

Free is wonderful 

I’ve been parking along the street in the circled area since I was in school. Easy in and more importantly easy out postgame. Shoot over to Fee, hang a left at 10th and you’re out on the bypass before Joe Smith is done with postgame stats on the radio. 

CCBD2624-FBBB-42C4-97E5-344E6E821461.jpeg

2 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

I’ve been parking along the street in the circled area since I was in school. Easy in and more importantly easy out postgame. Shoot over to Fee, hang a left at 10th and you’re out on the bypass before Joe Smith is done with postgame stats on the radio. 

CCBD2624-FBBB-42C4-97E5-344E6E821461.jpeg

Thanks for the Hova-tip!! Parked as close as I would in the lots for free!!

7 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Love it. He's got a good shot at taking that backup PG spot. 

Yeah I think the St. John’s game showed that. Phinisee may be better suited for a catch-and-shoot, lock up on defense, secondary ball-handler role if KL is ready 

12 minutes ago, lillurk said:

Yeah I think the St. John’s game showed that. Phinisee may be better suited for a catch-and-shoot, lock up on defense, secondary ball-handler role if KL is ready 

Phinisee can’t shoot, though, so a catch and shoot role really doesn’t fit him.  I agree with you that ideally that’d be his role because he can’t be the primary creator, but he just doesn’t have the offensive skill set for it. 

14 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

This game kinda worries me. Gonna need great guard play, hitting outside shots and FTs. They have a lot more size than we do. Brimg in a 6-10 and 6-9 guy off the bench. Big game for Race and Trayce. Durr likely going to have to give some really good minutes tonight. 

You're not alone in your worries.  I'm there with you.  Maybe a little adversity, in loss of Trey and Rob, will motivate the team.  Yeah, dumb comment, but it came from my nerves.  

Just now, rayl456 said:

You're not alone in your worries.  I'm there with you.  Maybe a little adversity, in loss of Trey and Rob, will motivate the team.  Yeah, dumb comment, but it came from my nerves.  

Everyone has to step up. Have to keep consistent energy tonight. Block out, get rebounds and 50/50 balls. Way too lazy last game young after rebounds and loose balls. 

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

Rob is out with an injury and Logan is suspended 3 games 

Why is he suspended?  Never mind, I googled it and got nothing but this.  Sunday evening with Louisiana due to a leg injury and freshman center Logan Duncomb is suspended three games for an undisclosed violation of team rules, according to a release from an IU spokesman prior to the game

5 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Everyone has to step up. Have to keep consistent energy tonight. Block out, get rebounds and 50/50 balls. Way too lazy last game young after rebounds and loose balls. 

Sure would be a great night for Stewart to get hot from outside...along with Kopp.

7 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Phinisee can’t shoot, though, so a catch and shoot role really doesn’t fit him.  I agree with you that ideally that’d be his role because he can’t be the primary creator, but he just doesn’t have the offensive skill set for it. 

I don’t have the splits but I would guess he’s much better on the catch. A “just a shooter” offensive role lets him do what he’s best at on that end