Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

Game Thread: vs. Eastern Michigan 11/9 - 6 pm - BTN

Enjoying this more than 90% of Archie's games. Not perfect by any means but you can see things that can be built upon and I actually see what they're trying to do. Players seem more confident as well. Maybe I'm drinking the kool-aid but I feel like we may have some fun this year.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Romeo was really good. He just had a messed up wrist and clueless coach. 

He was talented, but ultimately was a shooting guard who couldn't shoot. I agree with the coaching and perhaps with the injury, although I don't see him lighting it up in the NBA.

6 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

Enjoying this more than 90% of Archie's games. Not perfect by any means but you can see things that can be built upon and I actually see what they're trying to do. Players seem more confident as well. Maybe I'm drinking the kool-aid but I feel like we may have some fun this year.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

This is some good kool-aid.  :)

14 minutes ago, IGotMeAWoody said:

X can take it to the rim, but that buckle in his shooting motion is funky

I thought KL’s launched shots from his belt, last year, was bad but X’s stroke from the three is rather…shall we say, “funky”.

Yeah, hope they can fix X's shooting.  But he does have a quick first step.  Love Patrick Stewart's start...2 3's!  And Phin is back.  Just don't want to see him hold it...move!  Race is a glue guy.  Just want to see IU's offense against some tougher and taller teams.

2 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Missed the fact Lander also did not play in the first half.

He only played 9 minutes total against BC Mega and I didn't hear anything about his play against Belmont, so assume he probably played very little.  He's our third point guard right now and for us to play two of them at the same time, either Bates or Stewart would have to sit.

BTW, y'all know that I had said Galloway would find his way on to the court.  He doesn't score, but will play solid defense and will provide decent ball movement on offense.  Phin being able to shoot helps out Galloway as well because previously you couldn't have them both on the court when neither was scoring.