Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2025) - PG Jalen Haralson

MaxPreps Junior All-American Honorable Mention

Jalen Haralson, La Lumiere (La Porte, Ind.)

6-6 | Wing | Uncommitted

Regarded as the No. 11 prospect in the Class of 2025, Haralson averaged 14.3 points, 6.7 rebounds and 5.9 assists per contest to help the Lakers (23-5) to the No. 9 spot in the final National Top 10

11 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

MaxPreps Junior All-American Honorable Mention

Jalen Haralson, La Lumiere (La Porte, Ind.)

6-6 | Wing | Uncommitted

Regarded as the No. 11 prospect in the Class of 2025, Haralson averaged 14.3 points, 6.7 rebounds and 5.9 assists per contest to help the Lakers (23-5) to the No. 9 spot in the final National Top 10

Really hope Staff stays after this one.  I know the staff wants to limit freshman recruiting but a core of Haralson, Mullins, Moreno would be an awesome core.  

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Really hope Staff stays after this one.  I know the staff wants to limit freshman recruiting but a core of Haralson, Mullins, Moreno would be an awesome core.  

You are right and I think they need freshman to grow inside the system so the new players transitions will be smoother.

1 hour ago, BtownStrength said:

For the people who follow this recruitment closely...how are we feeling? 

I know it's easy to hype up interviews and what not, but the fact that he had a lengthy conversation with JHS tells me a lot...he would see himself as a similar type guard at IU. I honestly believe our incoming high school class next season will mirror what we brought in the portal...talent. Give me Haralson, Mullins, Sisley and Moreno, and a player or 2 from the portal and let's continue to gain momentum on the floor as well!

4 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

I know it's easy to hype up interviews and what not, but the fact that he had a lengthy conversation with JHS tells me a lot...he would see himself as a similar type guard at IU. I honestly believe our incoming high school class next season will mirror what we brought in the portal...talent. Give me Haralson, Mullins, Sisley and Moreno, and a player or 2 from the portal and let's continue to gain momentum on the floor as well!

Tiller - I believe we have a real shot with Tiller. We have NIL, we will likely have on-court success this season, we will have playing time available at the 4/5, and most importantly, we have been building a Coach Ya/Atlanta relationship with Tiller for a very, very long time and his Overtime Elite coach is tight with the IU staff. And his upcoming IU visit will be his second official to Bloomington.

Assuming we go with 12 again and we lose the 5 seniors and Mgbako. 

Reneau,Tucker, Carlyle, Rice with Newton and Cupps. 

Moreno, Tiller, Sisley, Mullins, Harrelson and another portal big would be a nice mix of multiple year guys, versatility and immediate impact. 

1 hour ago, BA47591 said:

Assuming we go with 12 again and we lose the 5 seniors and Mgbako. 

Reneau,Tucker, Carlyle, Rice with Newton and Cupps. 

Moreno, Tiller, Sisley, Mullins, Harrelson and another portal big would be a nice mix of multiple year guys, versatility and immediate impact. 

In a transfer portal era, I find it hard to think we go 5 deep with Freshman.  I honestly don't even know what is best.  4 Seems like a good number of freshman based on our number of spots opening up.  The 5 spot will be interesting.  Does the staff trust Moreno to be its 25 minute guy at the 5 as a freshman?  I love the trio of Sisley, Mullins, Moreno.  Haralson would be great too.  Part of me wonders if Sisley ends up somewhere else although I love his shooting and size.  Who knows, big decisions needed by the staff.   

Rivals doing a countdown of it's 5-star rated players.

At No. 7 is SG Jalen Haralson (@JalenHaralson3)  “A long, versatile wing with NBA upside, the 6-foot-8 Haralson is a true three-level scorer, who shines when it comes to creating shots for himself and finishing through contact. Haralson is an improved ballhandler that gets to his spots with relative ease through his use of brute physicality and athleticism. He also impacts merely every game in which he plays as a rebounder. Auburn, Duke, Gonzaga, Kansas, Michigan and Missouri are all in heavy pursuit of Haralson. ”

36 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

He looks great and would love IU to sign him, but he doesn't feel like and Indiana guy to me. Seems like the sort to go to the current hottest school. Hope I'm wrong. 

He feels kinda "Duke-ish" to me. Hope he's a Hoosier.

2 hours ago, Hardwood83 said:

He looks great and would love IU to sign him, but he doesn't feel like and Indiana guy to me. Seems like the sort to go to the current hottest school. Hope I'm wrong. 

We’ll see how it goes. My view here is apparently different than most. I think he’s incredibly important in the Derik Queen/Maryland vein that if you want to make a statement that you’re the big dog in your neck of the woods there are guys you can’t miss on. Sisley and Mullins would be terrific gets, no question, particularly Sisley since Painter has gone all in there, but I just think Haralson’s different. He’s a big name nationally with a huge list and him popping for IU tells the rest of the country, “You’re  not taking our studs anymore.”. That, and I think he’s a hell of a player. 

56 minutes ago, Demo said:

We’ll see how it goes. My view here is apparently different than most. I think he’s incredibly important in the Derik Queen/Maryland vein that if you want to make a statement that you’re the big dog in your neck of the woods there are guys you can’t miss on. Sisley and Mullins would be terrific gets, no question, particularly Sisley since Painter has gone all in there, but I just think Haralson’s different. He’s a big name nationally with a huge list and him popping for IU tells the rest of the country, “You’re  not taking our studs anymore.”. That, and I think he’s a hell of a player. 

It’s encouraging that he stayed home for prep school, and it’s encouraging that he has complimentary and different skills than Mullins, Sisley, and Moreno.

Haralson is at the USA U17 training camp.  Jamie Shaw's comments.

Jalen Haralson is the ultimate connector, and he showed that today. The ball rarely sticks in his hands and, today, he was able to knock down shots off the catch. Haralson rebounded his area well and was a threat to immediately push the break. He did some good things on the defensive end here, switching up and down the opposing line up showing versatility. He is a good processor with the ball and is not afraid of the physicality in the paint. The jump shooting was the real takeaway from today’s sessions for Haralson, which simply unlocked more to his game.

I wish he would've joined Sisley with Elite. Tough to leave the Nike bump in the rankings though. Haralson plays the right way with talent around him. He plays for knucklehead teams and some of the vibe gets put on him by association. 

"The ball never sticks" I love to hear that about players. Sisley fits that description. What a fit they would be in a 4 out offense.