Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

54 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Trilly Donovan alluding to a get by Louisville.  Not a portal guy, but they hosted Kentucky decommit and 8th rated 24 recruit Jayden Quaintaince today, 6'9" center.

They got the BYU center who is going to redshirt today 

1 hour ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Trilly Donovan alluding to a get by Louisville.  Not a portal guy, but they hosted Kentucky decommit and 8th rated 24 recruit Jayden Quaintaince today, 6'9" center.

In this current period of everyone looking for older kids, Quaintance is gonna a very interesting case to follow. He may be really physically gifted, but that kid is crazy young. He’ll player his entire freshman year as a 17 year old. When he hits a campus this June he’ll still be 16. I’m not clear on what expectations should be for him. 

5 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

Does Gard survive this? He doesn’t have the results or seemingly the popularity for this to sit well with UW folks. 

Wisky has $2.5 million in basketball NIL according to Wisconsin boards....that's probably mid P5 territory.  Probably would expect to lose some to the portal but still be able to get some talent in.  But outside of Johny Davis, has he been sending players to the NBA?  Even Davis has not shown much success yet, particularly for a guy drafted tenth.

Chibuzo Agbo, 6'7" Boise State wing, enters.  13.7 ppg, 5.1 rpg.  Excellent volume three point shooter, shot 45/41/72 last year and made 76 of 186 from three.

Toibu Lawal, 6'8" forward, VCU.  Interesting player.  From London, attending his senior year in the states.  Pogo stick player....leaps out of the building.  In VCU's 2023 preseason measurements recorded a 49.5 inch vertical leap.  Lots of highlight blocks and dunks.  Almost all of his points all come in the paint, either on put backs, oops, or attacking the rim.  Averaged 7.7 points and 6 rebounds last year but did so in 19 minutes/game.  Shot 67%.  Did step out and make 3 of 7 threes.  Highlight reel below.  Raw, but great athleticism.

15 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Wisky has $2.5 million in basketball NIL according to Wisconsin boards....that's probably mid P5 territory.  Probably would expect to lose some to the portal but still be able to get some talent in.  But outside of Johny Davis, has he been sending players to the NBA?  Even Davis has not shown much success yet, particularly for a guy drafted tenth.

Davis is the only guy he’s had drafted and he’s atrocious. I will never understand what scouts saw in him to end up in the lottery. 

6 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

Does Gard survive this? He doesn’t have the results or seemingly the popularity for this to sit well with UW folks. 

This year,  for sure.  Basketball is popular but definitely second to football. Although they have a new AD he's a football guy too. I'm no Gard fan but he does just enough to keep the wolves at bay. I think the old timers smartly remember how bad things were before the 90s.

20 minutes ago, str8baller said:

This year,  for sure.  Basketball is popular but definitely second to football. Although they have a new AD he's a football guy too. I'm no Gard fan but he does just enough to keep the wolves at bay. I think the old timers smartly remember how bad things were before the 90s.

I lived there through the pre- Alvarez era.

At that time it was hockey first and everything else was a distant second 

2 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

Davis is the only guy he’s had drafted and he’s atrocious. I will never understand what scouts saw in him to end up in the lottery. 

I think this was a classic “only takes one sucker” thing with the wizards. Not sure anyone else takes him lotto

I posted about him earlier today, but here is a short video of a dunk by Tobui Lawal.  Kid is an absolute freak athlete and has a high motor.  Might be raw but you can’t teach some of things he is capable of doing.  Not necessarily an IU fit but….damn