Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

https://dailyillini.com/sports-stories/mens-sports/men-basketball/2024/04/30/coleman-hawkins-declares-nba-draft-transfer-portal/

Would Coach Woodson want Colman for a backup 5 spot or would Colman be willing to be the backup and take less minutes? Probably not, but just mulling it over. If so, would Luke Goode have any pull if he there were mutual interest? 

6 minutes ago, Artie86 said:

https://dailyillini.com/sports-stories/mens-sports/men-basketball/2024/04/30/coleman-hawkins-declares-nba-draft-transfer-portal/

Would Coach Woodson want Colman for a backup 5 spot or would Colman be willing to be the backup and take less minutes? Probably not, but just mulling it over. If so, would Luke Goode have any pull if he there were mutual interest? 

Zero chance. Less than zero. 

29 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Who would be the most likely to leave IU last minute in anyone's opinion? I think Reneau.

Why do you think he, of all people, would leave? He gets the ball a TON,  is integral at both the 4 and 5, and I assume is making a ton of $$$$.

33 minutes ago, Artie86 said:

Why would a guy testing the NBA go to a school in which his minutes would go down?  
Once conference season starts (any conference) there are virtually no 11,12,13th guys that get meaningful minutes. Posters will complain about one or two of our last recruits but  we are not landing Larry Bird for the 12 slot.

Why would a guy testing the NBA go to a school in which his minutes would go down?  
Once conference season starts (any conference) there are virtually no 11,12,13th guys that get meaningful minutes. Posters will complain about one or two of our last recruits but  we are not landing Larry Bird for the 12 slot.
Teams rarely go deeper than 8 or 9 guys in conference. Four guys on iu will likely not play much if any once conference starts.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Braxton Meah (Washington) commits to Nebraska, so anyone wanting him as the backup big at IU, not gonna happen.

Terrance Williams of Michigan commits to USC. 

Jack Clark, Clemson, 6’10” stretch 4/5, enters the portal.  In 24 mpg last year averaged about 5 points and 5 boards.  Shot 40/30/77.  In 5 years (was hurt most of his freshman year) at LaSalle, NC State and Clemson has averaged 9 pts and 5.5 reb in 26.6 mpg, shooting 40/30/79.  Bulk three point shooter, making 140 of 466 in his career.

13 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Teams rarely go deeper than 8 or 9 guys in conference. Four guys on iu will likely not play much if any once conference starts.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Yes , I know. That was my point.

We are not going to land a “savior” with the remaining schollys.

PS: even though no one plays their 10th 11,12,13th guys in conference the odds are roughly 100% that the forum will have a TON of posts questioning why Woody isn’t playing x/y/z more so they can “develop”.

35 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Braxton Meah (Washington) commits to Nebraska, so anyone wanting him as the backup big at IU, not gonna happen.

Terrance Williams of Michigan commits to USC. 

Jack Clark, Clemson, 6’10” stretch 4/5, enters the portal.  In 24 mpg last year averaged about 5 points and 5 boards.  Shot 40/30/77.  In 5 years (was hurt most of his freshman year) at LaSalle, NC State and Clemson has averaged 9 pts and 5.5 reb in 26.6 mpg, shooting 40/30/79.  Bulk three point shooter, making 140 of 466 in his career.

I would feel a lot better if we could another big like Clark, doesn't have to be an all star. Someone who could start a few games if necessary.

Just now, ebridges24 said:

I would feel a lot better if we could another big like Clark, doesn't have to be an all star. Someone who could start a few games if necessary.

Maybe I'm asking too much.