Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

A Montverde player entered the portal.  Chris Johnson from Texas.  Do we have a relationship with him?  Is he someone that we would want?   

11 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Dusty gonna have a chance in year 1. Goldin, Davis. Maybe the Yale center. Who knows but they will be competitive right off.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Vlad Golden did not enter the portal. He posted that he was either going to enter the NBA draft or returning to FAU.

Love Golden- I've seen him play up close and in person a few times and he's the on-court defensive communicator of those FAU teams.

12 hours ago, tyappleg said:

Johnell Davis officially in the portal.  Throw the whole bag at him. 

Are grad transfers easier for Michigan? Is there admittance issues an undergraduate problem?

31 minutes ago, OKHOOSIER said:

Are grad transfers easier for Michigan? Is there admittance issues an undergraduate problem?

I think their big problems is with certain credits from transfers not counting toward degrees, which wouldn’t affect grad transfers (though I could be wrong). 

Cameron Corhen, 6'9" center from Florida St. enters the portal. Report says he has shooting range out to the 3 point line. Previous 4 star recruit who had offers from tons of the big boys including, Houston, Arizona, Illinois, Kansas and Creighton.

2 hours ago, HoosierCoop said:

Meechie Johnson transferring to Ohio St. is interesting.  Does that stir up portal talk from any starting point guards?

I think some thought Bruce Thornton was a possible portal prospect that IU had ties to, but he confirmed he is staying

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Portal Updates - 

Ohio State sophomore Roddy Gayle Jr. has entered the transfer portal. The 6’4” guard started 35/36 games for the Buckeyes. Gayle averaged 13.5 points on 45% shooting, 4.6 rebounds, and 3.1 assists.

Wow.  Had an off shooting year from deep last year and is a medium volume three point shooter, but he has a nice upside.  Good rebounder for his size.  Top 50 out of high school.

This is probably a product of Bruce Thornton staying and Meechie Johnson transferring back to Ohio State.  At best Johnson is a slight upgrade from Gayle (and I'm not even convinced Johnson is an upgrade at all)

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Portal Updates - 

Ohio State sophomore Roddy Gayle Jr. has entered the transfer portal. The 6’4” guard started 35/36 games for the Buckeyes. Gayle averaged 13.5 points on 45% shooting, 4.6 rebounds, and 3.1 assists.

Constantly does stupid stuff—low bball IQ player.

It’s a no for me dawg.

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Constantly does stupid stuff—low bball IQ player.

It’s a no for me dawg.

Maybe I'm misremembering, but weren't you a "yes" on Amari Williams?

Can't see being a yes on Williams and a no on Gayle for this team.