Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Virtual Hoosier Hysteria 11/18 @8:00--Comment Thread

This Wednesday at 8:00 pm is the first look at Trey, Khristian, Anthony, and Jordan, and hopefully a full squad scrimmage game. Post your Virtual Hoosier Hysteria thoughts here. The IUBB press release is below:

BLOOMINGTON, Indiana – The Indiana University men’s basketball team will hold a virtual Hoosier Hysteria, presented by Smithville, at 8 p.m. on Wednesday, November 18. Hoosier fans can view the event on Facebook Live (facebook.com/IndianaMBB).

• As the Holiday’s approach, IU fans are asked to donate whatever they can to the Hoosier Hills Food Bank at hhfoodbank.org or at their Venmo page at HoosierHills-Foodbank.

• Indiana will return seven of its top nine scorers, including four starters, and welcomes a top recruiting class under Coach Archie Miller as the Hoosiers begin their fourth year under his guidance. Last year, IU was on the brink of earning its first NCAA Tournament berth since 2016 before the COVID-19 pandemic halted postseason play after one game. The Hoosiers finished the season with a 20-12 record.

• Sophomore preseason All-American forward Trayce Jackson-Davis is back after leading the team with 13.5 points and 8.4 rebounds. Senior guard Aljami Durham returns along with his 71 career starts. The Georgia native averaged 9.8 points. Senior center Joey Brunk averaged 6.8 points and 5.2 rebounds in 32 starts. Junior guard Rob Phinisee has made 45 career starts and averaged 7.3 points and led the team with 93 assists.

• Junior forward Race Thompson, sophomore wing Jerome Hunter and sophomore guard Armaan Franklin give IU a deep returning cast. A trio of freshmen guards Khristian Lander, Anthony Leal (Indiana Mr. Basketball, 2020), and Trey Galloway all look to have an immediate pact.

• The college basketball season begins Wednesday, November 25. IU will host Tennessee Tech before venturing to Asheville, N.C. for the Maui Invitational November 30-Dec. 2.

Draft on the tv and Hoosiers on my laptop.

The scrimmage will get my primary attention over anything else tonight. I know what Al, Joey, Rob, etc can do, but:

1. Can Trey Galloway or Anthony Leal compete for rotation time?
  2. Do Race and Jerome show increased athleticism and confidence?
  3. Is Khristian Lander a difference maker from the get go?
  4. How raw is Jordan Geronimo?

First takes on these four things will be intriguing, especially above-listed items # 2 and 3. If we get positive answers for items 2 & 3 we're gonna be a very good team.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Draft on the tv and Hoosiers on my laptop.

The scrimmage will get my primary attention over anything else tonight. I know what Al, Joey, Rob, etc can do, but:

1. Can Trey Galloway or Anthony Leal compete for rotation time?
  2. Do Race and Jerome show increased athleticism and confidence?
  3. Is Khristian Lander a difference maker from the get go?
  4. How raw is Jordan Geronimo?

First takes on these four things will be intriguing, especially above-listed items # 2 and 3. If we get positive answers for items 2 & 3 we're gonna be a very good team.

You don't know Jack Squat from Jack Sprat.  You're not going to learn anything of real value in a 15-minute video.  :103:

I only wish they would put it on a YouTube channel would have made it easier to get on my TV. However I am excited to watch.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I'm going to sink the video from my phone to my smart TV

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

Just now, Josh said:

It's like watching a recruiting highlight tape 

It's something but it this is their "Virtual Hoosier Hysteria" then I'm extremely disappointed in their mis-marketing of the event.  They could have just stated they'll be releasing a video...