Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUWBB - News and Notes

2 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

Teri gets 2 more years. 

She'll make $1.3M a year -- second in the B1G. 

Bonuses for: How we finish in the B1G; NCAA appearances, wins; B1G or national coaching honors 

GREAT NEWS….Why not til 2035?  Hope the happiness continues and content in 2027 and extended to 2035…..I interpret it as a modification to current contract pertaining to IU Ladies basketball program success.  It can always be modified in future. Glass, Dolson, President of university and IU has been very supportive of T.Moren and IU Ladies basketball program….Good examples are basketball trips and NIT home games.  

If IU Ladies basketball program is going to continue to go beyond what has become its peak thus far previous/past seasons in T. Moren era and the upcoming season…. to a final 4 and more big ten championships….T. Moren, staff and players sure have their work cut out for themselves.  It would be in the category of Magical.

18 minutes ago, TTT said:

If IU Ladies basketball program is going to continue to go beyond what has become its peak thus far previous/past seasons in T. Moren era and the upcoming season…. to a final 4 and more big ten championships….T. Moren, staff and players sure have their work cut out for themselves.  It would be in the category of Magical.

Magical... in what way? 

UK has had a good amount of drama at the top of that program with many of their best players transferring. It is now fading into the abyss without a course correction after a good amount of success.

This appears to be good timing for both sides as Smith gets off a sinking ship at UK she helped build success at, for one that is very much afloat at IU. 

3 hours ago, Aaron said:

UK has had a good amount of drama at the top of that program with many of their best players transferring. It is now fading into the abyss without a course correction after a good amount of success.

This appears to be good timing for both sides as Smith gets off a sinking ship at UK she helped build success at, for one that is very much afloat at IU. 

For a minute, I thought you were talking about the men's team :D

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

She’s awesome but I think speed and athleticism ultimately hold her back. She’s a killa though

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Hopefully it's just a case of her needing to grow into that body. 6'3 and long takes a little getting used to , especially for a young lady her age. Interchangeable/multidimensional on O(2,3,or4), and only going to get better on D. Plus, she plays like she hates to lose. I may be way off, but I believe CTM will develop her into a matchup nightmare. 

7 hours ago, J34 said:

Hopefully it's just a case of her needing to grow into that body. 6'3 and long takes a little getting used to , especially for a young lady her age. Interchangeable/multidimensional on O(2,3,or4), and only going to get better on D. Plus, she plays like she hates to lose. I may be way off, but I believe CTM will develop her into a matchup nightmare. 

I agree. She will develop a lot physically. We've seen that with Holmes, Berger, and CMM. She's a walking mismatch. 

8 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

She’s awesome but I think speed and athleticism ultimately hold her back. She’s a killa though

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I don't. The womens game isn't really based on that. Her skill level is so good, it offsets any physical limitations. Plus.. she shot 40% as a FR with volume and is 6'3. That plays anywhere. 

Collaboration of WNBA and Kelly School of Business so players can complete and or work on MBA’s (on line and or in person) seems to have positive potential regarding recruiting for IU Ladies basketball program …innovative outside NIL money.  
Good positive image.  Not sure what other colleges or universities do.

Or is there minimal (which would be a positive) or no recruiting impact?