Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Brass Cannon

Negativity Thread

6 minutes ago, Josh said:

Let me try again.  After Archie was hired, I said his offense looked too inept, I didn't think his gimmick would work here.  I thought he would not succeed.  I had many posters say I was an idiot and I don't understand basketball.  Many many posters.

Now that my prediction has come true, damn right I feel vindicated.  Damn right I'm going to mention it in order to give those posters some self reflection.  

Why is that wrong?

Do that all you want. I wasn’t talking to you because you’re not doing what I’m calling out. You’ll get pushback, but it’s no different than people that are still being patient getting jumped on in every thread. If things change and those being patient end up feeling vindicated, they’ll also be called out for trolling those that were “wrong”.

5 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

I’m not sure you’re going to last much longer here. Your posting style aligns more with Gold and Black than BtownBanners.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

How so? Because I'm not worshiping at the feet of Archie Miller, who isn't a good coach and I said so up front? 

11 minutes ago, Baltimore Hoosier said:

Blatant trolling?

Then I guess you're being called out for being a crybaby? 

Not sure I see your point. I couldn’t care less what your opinion is, I just don’t like trolling. 

Don’t name-call either, please. 

How so? Because I'm not worshiping at the feet of Archie Miller, who isn't a good coach and I said so up front? 

The name calling man.

Let’s talk basketball. Who cares when you first thought Archie sucked as a coach? You’re entitled to that opinion, but nobody gives a damn how long you have had it.

1 minute ago, IUc2016 said:

The name calling man.

Let’s talk basketball. Who cares when you first thought Archie sucked as a coach? You’re entitled to that opinion, but nobody gives a damn how long you have had it.

Totally agree, which is why I wish people like you and Mr. Moderator would stop taking my ONE tongue-in-cheek comment that is no different than what Josh is saying, and turning it into a big thing. 

13 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Yeah, I'm going on something happening to make us look different in the next 15 games then we have in the past 5. Shoot well against NW, get a lift on Saturday when Coach Knight shows up to upset OSU, find a to get a road win or wins at Nebraska, Rutgers. Find an identity to piggyback on for the rest of the season. I understand people on here want a new coach, but I'm not there yet. Maybe I'm too close to the program to see it but I do see the work being put in. 

I just don't see how they improve that much on either defense or offense through the rest of the year, but not ruling it out. I'm really on the side of, convince me you shouldn't be fired... FCTC was on Dan Dakich yesterday and he was fantastic, I wish he would have been able to come on his show during his time at IU. It would have probably helped put fans at ease if he could have been just real with them on a public forum and not have his only communication with the fans be postgame shows. 

Is Knight coming official? Would they announce this before hand to make sure its a sell out?

Yeah, I'm going on something happening to make us look different in the next 15 games then we have in the past 5. Shoot well against NW, get a lift on Saturday when Coach Knight shows up to upset OSU, find a to get a road win or wins at Nebraska, Rutgers. Find an identity to piggyback on for the rest of the season. I understand people on here want a new coach, but I'm not there yet. Maybe I'm too close to the program to see it but I do see the work being put in. 

Yet they aren’t trying to change what’s clearly not working. It’s just the same crap every single game.

1 minute ago, Hovadipo said:

Can you point me to where I did that? We here at BtownBanners take customer service very seriously. 

Also, it’s “Mr. Administrator”. Thanks. 

Right... Just don't disappear for a while then come to the board with an outspoken opinion in the "unbridled negativity" thread. Only regular troublemakers can do that.

That's all I've got on this topic. 

16 minutes ago, Josh said:

Let me try again.  After Archie was hired, I said his offense looked too inept, I didn't think his gimmick would work here.  I thought he would not succeed.  I had many posters say I was an idiot and I don't understand basketball.  Many many posters.

Now that my prediction has come true, damn right I feel vindicated.  Damn right I'm going to mention it in order to give those posters some self reflection.  

Why is that wrong?

Here is where Indiana fans are different than most fans. We hire someone and if it is not the person someone wanted, they don't get behind them, they root against them succeeding just so they can say they were right. This is exactly what Coach Jordan was telling me about IU fans. Most schools don't operate this way. 

See I don’t want a new coach per se.  but I want a coach that when something isn’t working he grows. Archie has been unwilling or unable to do that. And if he isn’t then there’s only one way this thing ends 

One of the biggest problems with Crean was that he couldn’t adjust his system to fit specific rosters. Archie is in the same boat. He hasn’t made a single adjustment and we are in year 3. There has to be someone close to him telling him it’s time for a system overhaul.

8 minutes ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

I just don't see how they improve that much on either defense or offense through the rest of the year, but not ruling it out. I'm really on the side of, convince me you shouldn't be fired... FCTC was on Dan Dakich yesterday and he was fantastic, I wish he would have been able to come on his show during his time at IU. It would have probably helped put fans at ease if he could have been just real with them on a public forum and not have his only communication with the fans be postgame shows. 

Is Knight coming official? Would they announce this before hand to make sure its a sell out?

It's not official and the family might back out if he's not having a good day. It's been a rumor for a couple of weeks. IU has had a couple of seats reserved every game just in case they are notified they are coming. 

1 minute ago, Baltimore Hoosier said:

Right... Just don't disappear for a while then come to the board with an outspoken opinion in the "unbridled negativity" thread. Only regular troublemakers can do that.

That's all I've got on this topic. 

Just to clarify as I work through the deflection, there was no name-calling on my end. Just yours. Correct?

1 minute ago, Hovadipo said:

Just to clarify as I work through the deflection, there was no name-calling on my end. Just yours. Correct?

Incorrect. You called me a troll, which I take the most minor offense possible to and I would say that is name calling. 

Also, my last comment was as clear as day. No deflection. Just the facts. Your original weak "call out" said that I shouldn't come on this board after being away for a while, and post my unpopular opinion. 

22 minutes ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

Have to be able to make the tourney. KenPom projects us to win 7 games the rest of the year, the only one road game at Nebraska which seems doubtful considering the first time we played. That would put us at 18-13 (8-12) ((Kenpom projected record does not equal totals of W/L from above)). We also aren't heavy favorites in any of the remaining games except for Nebraska. So a 17-14 (7-13) or 16-15 (6-14) record is maybe more likely than the outcomes of 19-12 (9-11) or 20-11 (10-10)

image.png.e0e6f629fd5dc8f79046877d7a932d94.png

13 of our remaining 17 remaining games he projects to be 2 possessions or less. So, completely unpredictable. Play like we are playing and likely only win a few more. Or, jumpstart ourselves on Wed. against NW and start playing with some heart and who knows. If KenPom's exact predictions play out I think that puts us at 5 quad 1 wins. With 8 other quad 1 losses that were 2 possessions or less (not saying a close loss counts for something, just saying we could easily win more). I think we'd be in at this record, and with only a slight improvement, comfortably in. I remain slightly hopeful. But realistically, that is very hard to see right now. 

I predicted this team would go 19-12 on the year. At this point IU is 11-3.

I am holding true to my prediction of 19-12. That puts them at 9-11 in conference. Should be in the tournament which is what my expectations for THIS year were and still are.

19-12 is not the expectation of this program going forward. But for me, if Archie can get this team to 19 wins I believe it is a fine coaching job. Next year my expectations will increase and again I will expect Archie to meet them. But for now, I still think this team should get to 19 wins. If not I don’t see how Archie has success going forward.

#pumpinsunshine

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

6 minutes ago, Baltimore Hoosier said:

Incorrect. You called me a troll, which I take the most minor offense possible to and I would say that is name calling. 

Also, my last comment was as clear as day. No deflection. Just the facts. Your original weak "call out" said that I shouldn't come on this board after being away for a while, and post my unpopular opinion. 

I didn’t call you a troll. I said you were trolling, which 1) is true and 2) is way different than calling you a troll. I’m telling you not to do something that’s against board rules and you’re clearly offended by that. Maybe just don’t do the thing that’s against board rules and it’ll all be cool?

Large difference between telling everyone you’re right and telling everyone on the other side that they’re wrong. I apologize if that wasn’t clear. This has nothing to do with your specific opinion (which actually appears to be the popular opinion on this board at the moment).