Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ThompsonHoosier

GAME THREAD: 10/26 3:30PM ET Indiana at Nebraska BTN

1 minute ago, KingPG21 said:

We had all the momentum until he made the horrible decision. Its on him

I'm glad you're cool with giving the defense a scapegoat to allow a third string quarterback to take his team 74 yards.  Personally, I'm of the opinion that Ramsey doesn't play defense.

I like Ramsey a lot and especially as a backup but lets stop acting like he is less prone to mistakes then Penix. Both make mistakes and are similar but Penix has better arm with ball arriving faster. Otherwise they are similar with Ramsey being much more durable from a health standpoint. Both are accurate and either can make mistakes.

1 minute ago, brumdog45 said:

I'm glad you're cool with giving the defense a scapegoat to allow a third string quarterback to take his team 74 yards.  Personally, I'm of the opinion that Ramsey doesn't play defense.

No ones cool with that and D was horrible but Ramsey screw up changed the whole game. Even if D steps up we have a one score game. If Ramsey doesn't mess up we probably have a two score lead. Neither is infallable and both deserve blame but Ramsey started it.

2 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

About to go in to half winning with all the momentum and Ramsey kills it all by making a decision no one should ever make. Losing  all the momentum is on Ramsey. 

Also I didn't love Vedral going off. He is a backup for a reason. McCaffrey like Penix could be a stud and their best QB but we know coaches hate playing freshman over veterans. I don't get it and we may be facing a better QB by knocking Vedral out.

1 minute ago, Aaron said:

I like Ramsey a lot and especially as a backup but lets stop acting like he is less prone to mistakes then Penix. Both make mistakes and are similar but Penix has better arm with ball arriving faster. Otherwise they are similar with Ramsey being much more durable from a health standpoint. Both are accurate and either can make mistakes.

He’s thrown fewer interceptions despite playing the same amount of quarters. 40+ passes per interception against generally tougher competition. 

That being said he is a junior so that makes sense 

No ones cool with that and D was horrible but Ramsey screw up changed the whole game. Even if D steps up we have a one score game. If Ramsey doesn't mess up we probably have a two score lead. Neither is infallable and both deserve blame but Ramsey started it.
And get ball to start 2nd half. Collosal mistake

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

Important thing is to come out and score to start the second half. This was never going to be easy and we were never going to be allowed to blow them out 

this is important to keep in mind.  People acting like the world is falling apart while we're down.  The spread was 2 points for a reason.  Was always going to be a ball-buster.  We just have to win the last 30

5 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

About to go in to half winning with all the momentum and Ramsey kills it all by making a decision no one should ever make. Losing  all the momentum is on Ramsey. 

Losing momentum doesn't mean losing your head.  After the pick, we still should be up at half if the D does its job against a third string quarterback.  If the D is so soft that the reason they gave up a 74 touchdown drive is because the offense made a bad play, then we must as well give up now.

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Important thing is to come out and score to start the second half. This was never going to be easy and we were never going to be allowed to blow them out 

Yes, as bad as the defense has played we are still down just 5.  And if Verdal is out, we can make halftime adjustments for McCaffrey.  Have no idea what the DB was doing on that last play.