Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ThompsonHoosier

Game Thread: 10/19 3:30PM ET Indiana at Maryland BTN

Just now, Aaron said:

Ramsey can make a good throw at times and keep you in games and beet bad teams but will not win you games against decent teams which is what gets you to bowl games. There is a reason Ramsey keeps us competitive but just short of a bowl games. Penix can win you games. 

Can Penix. Seems like a bold claim. How many games has he even finished?

Just now, mdn82 said:

Winning on the road at half. Wide view I will take it. I do think defensively we have to do a much better job.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I honestly think Ramsey helps that. Eats more clock letting the defense catch their breath. 

Only advantage to Ramsey this game is that with all his dump offs drives will take a lot longer and keep gaming lower scoring. If we can finish drives we will be right there in end but it will be 34-31 instead of 49-42 as we were headed with Penix. D will get longer rests which may help this game only but also puts more pressure on them with fewer opportunities.

1 minute ago, Aaron said:

Ramsey can make a good throw at times and keep you in games and beat bad teams but will not win you games against decent teams which is what gets you to bowl games. There is a reason Ramsey keeps us competitive but just short of a bowl games. Penix can win you games. 

With all that said really nice play to end half.

I mean, I admit that Penix is the better option, but I still think that Ramsey is a really solid backup. He's 12/17 for 139 yards and a touchdown today. You can't ask for much more than that from your backup. Pigrome really isn't very good. He's a career 56% passer. We're making him look like a superstar though unfortunately. 

Winning on the road at half. Wide view I will take it. I do think defensively we have to do a much better job.

Whoa I am at kids school carnival and checking my tv off my phone last I seen it looked guaranteed iu would be down at half. Dang right we will take it. Our defense needs to be better though

Sent from my SM-G960U using BtownBanners mobile app

8 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Almost the exact same yardage, better completion percentage and no INTs. That Ramsey sure does suck. 

It’s not as big of an issue this game because MD’s defense is porous and there is no rush  but he can’t lead receivers past 15 yards and had no zip on his passes. His arm looked much better against UVA a few years ago than it does now.

I mean, I admit that Penix is the better option, but I still think that Ramsey is a really solid backup. He's 12/17 for 139 yards and a touchdown today. You can't ask for much more than that from your backup. Pigrome really isn't very good. He's a career 56% passer. We're making him look like a superstar though unfortunately. 

I honestly do too. There really isn’t much more you can ask for in a backup than what he is providing.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

HMMM  It must take a while for the signal to get to Europe.  :)  I seem to be running about 90 seconds behind the action.  

Defense needs to get better the 2nd half.  Way to many big plays.  Glad we are up, 

1 minute ago, Magnanimous said:

It’s not as big of an issue this game because MD’s defense is porous and there is no rush  but he can’t lead receivers past 15 yards and had no zip on his passes. His arm looked much better against UVA a few years ago than it does now.

His style benefits our defense far more than Penixs versatility benefits our offense. 

Not to mention it’s getting to the point that regardless who starts Ramsey has to finish the games. 

If the defense can come out and play average, there should be no reason we shouldn’t win this. Need to force at least 1 turnover in my opinion. It seems like this time of the year every season is when things take a turn for the worse. Time to get over that hump and it’s starts with just finding a way to win this game. Let’s go boys!

12 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Wonder if ole Natty was able to go to the game today. Magnanimous if you see a man with a Zima and an IU shirt on then you know.

He's wearing this...

Image result for ain't no laws shirt