Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

(2019) PG Austin Van Zyl

1 hour ago, iuswingman said:

he got offered a preferred walk-on spot (a guess...assuming an offer was even extended this time).

at University of Phoenix?  Devry?  (Those are the only 2 online only schools I could think of, lol)

Van Zyl tweeted that he was going to have sports hernia surgery on Friday and further analysis on his wrist.  

For those keeping track, his wrist is still bad, he has a sports hernia (recovery from which I have read is 6-12 weeks) and despite this he has received an offer from Indiana and Cincinnati -- who doesn't even have any roster spots open to offer.

Damn, this dude must really be able to play in order for both teams to offer a hernia having, bad wrist non-shooter who is already 20.

We’ve come along way from me getting flank for being skeptical about the kid. 

If you’re talking about when you started some senseless argument with everyone about Creaning, then sure. Literally saw maybe one person even have a response that remotely resembled support here, and it was to say that CAM wouldn’t be interested if this kid couldn’t contribute.

Every single other person said something along the lines of, “WTF is this” or, “No thanks.”

It’s really easy to go back and read posts.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

9 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

If you’re talking about when you started some senseless argument with everyone about Creaning, then sure. Literally saw maybe one person even have a response that remotely resembled support here, and it was to say that CAM wouldn’t be interested if this kid couldn’t contribute.

Every single other person said something along the lines of, “WTF is this” or, “No thanks.”

It’s really easy to go back and read posts.

If by argument you mean where I said something and people jumped on me because they didn’t actually bother to read the posts?

I don’t really expect people to reread posts when I think certain posters barely read them in the first place. 

And regards to what I was referencing I do believe it was in a different. Because gasp who would have ever thought similar things would be discussed in multiple topics. That would be craziness that never occurred. 

That was the message board equivalent of my nephew looking one spot and saying something is lost forever. 

If by argument you mean where I said something and people jumped on me because they didn’t actually bother to read the posts?
I don’t really expect people to reread posts when I think certain posters barely read them in the first place. 
And regards to what I was referencing I do believe it was in a different. Because gasp who would have ever thought similar things would be discussed in multiple topics. That would be craziness that never occurred. 
That was the message board equivalent of my nephew looking one spot and saying something is lost forever. 

To be fair and I am usually the most guilty one for this but how is everyone supposed to know your initial comment on page 3 was more from other topics? I don’t think I was one that jumped in on you on this one, but isn’t at least understandable when you post what you did on page 3 people would question that? I know I have had those PMs over the years and it made me step back to actually look what I posted in the context of where it was actually posted. I don’t think you meant harm, but you came in hot with Creaning out of nowhere. I think that’s why a couple of people quoted you on that. There wasn’t much if any optimism from the beginning. A lot of squinting hoping for at best a backup. Or joking about our international chances versus what Michigan has got. No confirmation of a scholly offer and we jump to Creaning. I think that’s where you got that pushback. I don’t mean to offend anyone. I am just usually the one doing this exact thing and have got more PMs from this type of thing than anything over the years. Hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend!

At least we are close to putting this topic to bed (hopefully).

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Unfortunately I think Austin Van Zyl will live on in message board fame forever now.

Been a strange offseason mostly due to whiffs and inactivity.

We were used to Creaning and over signing being the status of the program.

Neither have me on a high horse of optimism.

At some point I rest in knowing Archie is coaching for his life and must think he’ll get it done with the guys he has. But then again, another part of me thinks he 100% percent expected to have Brooks in fold. Tried to find a replacement-if that’s even remotely possible- and didn’t.

Time to see if development and continuity leads to success.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners