Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

I don't tend to worry too much about other teams reqruiting classes but seems like Purdue is getting some highly ranked players. We need to finish out our class strong.

39 minutes ago, VPC said:

I don't tend to worry too much about other teams reqruiting classes but seems like Purdue is getting some highly ranked players. We need to finish out our class strong.

Really? Not sure how you came to the conclusion that Purdue is in for a big recruiting year. So far they have two guys that IU looked at, but decided not to offer. The higher ranked of those two, Gillis, had knee surgery in April, and had another knee surgery last week::

Mason Gillis

Mason Gillis New Castle Chrysler Sch (New Castle, IN)
National Composite Rank : 145

Commit 6/24/2018

• Isaiah Thompson
    Isaiah Thompson Zionsville (Zionsville, IN) 
    •  
    National Composite Rank: 225 

Commit 1/7/2018

I think he is referring to football...Brohm and co. are killing it so far. They have landed four 4-star recruits in the 2019 class and currently have the 21st best class (4th in the Big Ten) in the nation. 

Edit: Hopefully some bigger programs come looking for Brohm after this season.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Really? Not sure how you came to the conclusion that Purdue is in for a big recruiting year. So far they have two guys that IU looked at, but decided not to offer. The higher ranked of those two, Gillis, had knee surgery in April, and had another knee surgery last week::

Mason Gillis

Mason Gillis New Castle Chrysler Sch (New Castle, IN)
National Composite Rank : 145

Commit 6/24/2018

• Isaiah Thompson
    Isaiah Thompson Zionsville (Zionsville, IN) 
    •  
    National Composite Rank: 225 

Commit 1/7/2018

Youre in the football recruiting section Stu lol

43 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Brohm wont be there long,

Not sure why people keep assuming that he’ll leave. He has a really good thing going at Purdue and can win a lot of games there. 

But yeah this class is unreal so far and can even improve as there are some highly-ranked guys that Purdue can still land. 

Edited by Stlboiler23

4 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Not sure why people keep assuming that he’ll leave. He has a really good thing going at Purdue and can win a lot of games there. 

Somebody will outspend you. He’s a great coach and some team with deeper pockets will want him. 

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

Somebody will outspend you. He’s a great coach and some team with deeper pockets will want him. 

I don’t think he’d up and leave for any gig though. It’d have to be a blue blood I bet. 

27 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Purdoo extended him at $4 mm/year, so it'll take a school giving him a decent bump to move him. IMO, he'll be at Purdoo for 2 more seasons then go to a traditional heavyweight or go back to his alma mater(Louisville).

Exactly why I was disappointed we didn't have search for our next coach after Wilson. Coach Allen may end up being great, but IU should have at least tested the waters. I like what Purdue is doing in football and hate it at the same time.

4 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

Purdoo extended him at $4 mm/year, so it'll take a school giving him a decent bump to move him. IMO, he'll be at Purdoo for 2 more seasons then go to a traditional heavyweight or go back to his alma mater(Louisville).

What’s his budget for assistants?

44 minutes ago, cthomas said:

Exactly why I was disappointed we didn't have search for our next coach after Wilson. Coach Allen may end up being great, but IU should have at least tested the waters. I like what Purdue is doing in football and hate it at the same time.

We lost by 7 after winning 4 years in a row.

Our average star ranking for the 2019 class is 2.92. Theirs is 2.95. With 9 more commits.

Chill.