Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

4 minutes ago, RBB89 said:

We lost by 7 after winning 4 years in a row.

Our average star ranking for the 2019 class is 2.92. Theirs is 2.95. With 9 more commits.

Chill.

I get all that and I'm not saying Allen isn't the guy. But, when I hired people to work for me, unless I knew I was holding an ace, I looked at what was available. I like Glass and am sure he knows a hell of a lot more than me, but I think a search of some kind was in order even if Coach Allen ended up being the best fit. Purdue, as much as I hate to admit it, made a great hire. Maybe we did too. We'll know in a few years.

16 minutes ago, RBB89 said:

We lost by 7 after winning 4 years in a row.

Our average star ranking for the 2019 class is 2.92. Theirs is 2.95. With 9 more commits.

Chill.

I thought it was 8 more commitments? With the spots you still have open, who are some guys you could see joining the fold? For Purdue, any guys they get would likely increase their ranking because the caliber of guys they have a legit shot at (Bell, Milton Wright, Cameron Williams, Jalen Graham, etc) all have a rivals ranking of 5.6 or higher which would bump some of the lower commits off of that ranking. Wouldn’t  Purdue’s score be higher even if IU had the same number of commitments since Purdue has 4 4* guys?

Edited by Stlboiler23

I thought it was 8 more commitments? With the spots you still have open, who are some guys you could see joining the fold? For Purdue, any guys they get would likely increase their ranking because the caliber of guys they have a legit shot at (Bell, Milton Wright, Cameron Williams, Jalen Graham, etc) all have a rivals ranking of 5.6 or higher which would bump some of the lower commits off of that ranking. Wouldn’t  Purdue’s score be higher even if IU had the same number of commitments since Purdue has 4 4* guys?
I think Purdue overachieved last year and I won't be surprised if they have a regression to 4-5 wins this year (and its likey given the tough schedule). It will be interesting to see if all these high rated recruits stay committed or jump ship for a higher profile program. I do think Brohm has a good thing going at Purdue and it will take quite a bit to get him to leave. I mean, outside of Wisconsin, what other programs can compete for the conference in the Big Ten West?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

25 minutes ago, ThompsonHoosier said:

I think Purdue overachieved last year and I won't be surprised if they have a regression to 4-5 wins this year (and its likey given the tough schedule). It will be interesting to see if all these high rated recruits stay committed or jump ship for a higher profile program. I do think Brohm has a good thing going at Purdue and it will take quite a bit to get him to leave. I mean, outside of Wisconsin, what other programs can compete for the conference in the Big Ten West?

Yeah I could see 4-5 wins because the schedule is much tougher this year. Will be interesting to see what happens. 

5 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Not sure why people keep assuming that he’ll leave. He has a really good thing going at Purdue and can win a lot of games there. 

Because Purdue is a stepping stone job in football, just like in every other sport.

On 7/31/2018 at 7:00 PM, RBB89 said:

Class star rating: 2.95 vs 2.92.

We are literally RIGHT there.

If we do not finish strong our "84.89" rating will go down, I am not strictly a numbers guy but I want the remainder of the class to be higher 3 stars or another 4 star(s). Purdue is finishing their class just short of an 86 rating with 21 recruits and 4 - 4 stars. Are you suggesting we slack off and are good to go? "I'm chill" but want to finish strong.

Edited by VPC

On 7/31/2018 at 7:51 PM, ThompsonHoosier said:

Nebraska with Scott Frost is at least one to watch. 

On 7/31/2018 at 11:02 PM, Fkfootball1 said:

3.2 Million compared to the 1.4 that Bill Lynch got.

Clemson’s D coordinator just signed a new contract for 2 mil per thru 2022. One assistant makes 2/3 of our entire budget for staff? How are we ever supposed to compete with OSU, Mich, and Penn St?

On 7/31/2018 at 6:00 PM, RBB89 said:

Class star rating: 2.95 vs 2.92.

We are literally RIGHT there.

Honestly, I really don't take that much stock in these rating systems.  While they are fun to see and what not it's really about the coaches ability to see player potential/skill set along with player development.  And the development part is on both the player and coaching staff.  A couple of good recent examples are Cody Latimer (3* with only one offer) and David Kenney (4* with 12 offers).

I really like what I'm seeing so far this year in regards to strength and speed development.  Now it's up to the other coaches to hone in on their specialty to develop player position.  It's seems like a completely different vibe with the entire program this year and I hope it translates into more wins on the field.