Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

On 2/6/2021 at 11:21 AM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Kendall Rogers of D1 Baseball -

The biggest news: The NCAA also will allow the MLB extra-inning rule to be used in 2021, a move that was expected.  The player starting the extra inning on second base is the player immediately in front of the first batter in the inning.

I hate HATE this rule.  It feels very youth sports, teeball and coaches pitch. 

3 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Don't get too  excited @btownqb as I'm sure I saw something earlier that Monroe Co., wasn't signing off on allowing spectators.  Haven't been able to find it and hopefully I'm wrong but prepared if that is the case.

For now that's correct, but I could easily see that changing if all other Big Ten Schools allow fans. In that case I am sure IU will twist arms to get some fans in. 

For now, only PU allowing fans and I saw Michigan is holding to friends and family only. I don't think we can say what IU should do until other schools (outside of Purdue) start making decisions on fans. Have not seen anything either way from the other 11 institutions. 

What is said today with something like this, could easily change tomorrow.

On 3/24/2021 at 4:28 PM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Don't get too  excited @btownqb as I'm sure I saw something earlier that Monroe Co., wasn't signing off on allowing spectators.  Haven't been able to find it and hopefully I'm wrong but prepared if that is the case.

Be pretty embarrassing for Purdue to allow fans and we don't

Even with family attendance has not been bad. Also, only Purdue and Ohio St allowing fans in right now and everyone else doing family and friends in Big Ten, so we are far from only ones not opened to public yet.

Braydon Tucker was named the Big Ten Pitcher of the Week

After making Indiana University baseball history on Saturday, RHP Braydon Tucker was named the Big Ten Pitcher of the Week on Tuesday, the conference office announced.

Against Illinois on Saturday, Tucker and RHP McCade Brown combined to pitch the first no-hitter in Indiana history in nearly 37 years. Out of the bullpen, Tucker pitched four scoreless innings of relief to earn the save, striking out one, while issuing one walk. The no-hitter is the first since April 25, 1984, when the Hoosiers blanked Rose-Hulman, 6-0.

In the bottom of the ninth, Illinois OF Cam McDonald reached on a throwing error to lead off the frame. Tucker then induced a fielder's choice to get the first out of the inning. The righty then sealed the no-hitter, inducing a 6-3 double play to end the game.

IU’s Barr Earns Big Ten Player of the Week Honors

Indiana University baseball's Cole Barr was named the Big Ten Player of the Week on Tuesday, the conference office announced.

This past weekend, Barr helped the Hoosiers take down Iowa in a three-game series in Bloomington. The Yorktown, Ind. native batted 6-for-10 (.600) with a triple, two home runs, five RBI and six runs scored to help IU take two of three games from the Hawkeyes.

On the season, Barr leads the team with a .340 batting average, six homers, 22 RBI and 30 runs scored. He also has seven doubles and two triples on the year.

The Indiana Hoosiers will head to Piscataway, N.J. to play two games each against Rutgers and Nebraska. The four-game weekend gets started on Friday, May 7 against the Scarlet Knights at 2:00 p.m. ET.