Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

This team could be in trouble. We lost top 6 players to draft and now Parker. To cap it off Toetz is in the transfer portal. 

Mercer is facing the test of his career now and how he handles it will determine if he is the long term coach here (the four transfers is a good start but a lot more to do).

I am not mad at Mercer, but he certainly has some things to prove and whether he is up to coaching at this level remains to be seen. Not saying he cannot do it, because he absolutely can, but time will tell if he is the right guy or job is simply to big for him. To early to know and not fair to pass judgement either way yet.

Next couple years will be telling. 

35 minutes ago, Aaron said:

This team could be in trouble. We lost top 6 players to draft and now Parker. To cap it off Toetz is in the transfer portal. 

Mercer is facing the test of his career now and how he handles it will determine if he is the long term coach here (the four transfers is a good start but a lot more to do).

I am not mad at Mercer, but he certainly has some things to prove and whether he is up to coaching at this level remains to be seen. Not saying he cannot do it, because he absolutely can, but time will tell if he is the right guy or job is simply to big for him. To early to know and not fair to pass judgement either way yet.

Next couple years will be telling. 

Fair. Hayden and Gilbert should help. We could still get some very good players in the portal. Could lose some too. Shew. 

Losing another member of the coaching staff.

Dan Held @DanHeld4

I have decided to step away from my position with Indiana University Baseball. I want to thank Jeff Mercer @JeffMercer54. It's been great working with @JustinDParker24, @CoachSimmons4 , @denton_sagerman , @jrturnock , @RustyStillions , @MrWalli , @CaseyDykes, Scott & Joel

8 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Losing another member of the coaching staff.

Dan Held @DanHeld4

I have decided to step away from my position with Indiana University Baseball. I want to thank Jeff Mercer @JeffMercer54. It's been great working with @JustinDParker24, @CoachSimmons4 , @denton_sagerman , @jrturnock , @RustyStillions , @MrWalli , @CaseyDykes, Scott & Joel

I actually think this is a good thing.

While I love Parker, I have never been a fan of Held and think some of the struggles this year (although not all by any means) can be attributed to him. When I saw the announcement on Parker my first thought was "That sucks". With Held now I thought "Thank god". 

This gives Mercer a chance to reset the staff and address the issues this team had hopefully.

If I had my choice Parker would be back, but Held would of been replaced regardless. Hopefully this gives a chance at a terrific staff from top to bottom.  

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogers

SCOOP: As expected, @IndianaBase has promoted Derek Simmons from volunteer to recruiting coordinator for the #Hoosiers. Simmons has spent the last two seasons on the IU staff, and has had head coaching opportunities. He’s a no brainer promotion.

Glant has went from player to Mt Vernon High School in Fortville head coach, to Ball State volunteer assistant, to Lapel High School head coach, to Anderson University head coach, to Ball State pitching coach, to Yankees minor league pitching coach, to Yankees AAA pitching coach to now the IU pitching coach. 

14 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Glant has went from player to Mt Vernon High School in Fortville head coach, to Ball State volunteer assistant, to Lapel High School head coach, to Anderson University head coach, to Ball State pitching coach, to Yankees minor league pitching coach, to Yankees AAA pitching coach to now the IU pitching coach. 

@btownqb I saw you discussing Glant on HSN but here the majority of his resume. 

3 hours ago, ap2345 said:

My wife is a Lapel Bulldog.. I'll see what she knows. They've had some good teams I know. 

5 hours ago, btownqb said:

My wife is a Lapel Bulldog.. I'll see what she knows. They've had some good teams I know. 

He was only there for one year in 2015 but he had a really talented team. 

And between pitches maybe the catcher can listen to a little classic rock music.

The NCAA Playing Rules Oversight Panel on Thursday approved allowing the use of one-way electronic communication devices for the purpose of calling pitches and plays. The rule goes into effect for the 2021-22 academic year.

Examples of what could be implemented next season include teams being allowed to use an electronic display board from the dugout that shows a numerical code to call pitches and/or defensive plays. Teams also can use a one-way in-ear communication device that would be limited for use from the dugout to the catcher.

Several conferences, including the Atlantic Coast, Big Ten, Pac-12, Southeastern and Sun Belt in 2021, have experimented with in-ear communication and other one-way electronic communication devices to call pitches from the dugout the past four seasons.

Indiana University head baseball coach Jeff Mercer announced on Friday (August 13) the promotion of Derek Simmons to recruiting coordinator and the addition of assistant coach/pitching coach Dustin Glant to the Hoosier coaching staff.

https://iuhoosiers.com/news/2021/8/13/baseball-mercer-adds-glant-promotes-simmons-on-full-time-staff.aspx

5 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Indiana University head baseball coach Jeff Mercer announced on Friday (August 13) the promotion of Derek Simmons to recruiting coordinator and the addition of assistant coach/pitching coach Dustin Glant to the Hoosier coaching staff.

https://iuhoosiers.com/news/2021/8/13/baseball-mercer-adds-glant-promotes-simmons-on-full-time-staff.aspx

We've known this for weeks. IU just made it official. 

Good hires!

On 8/13/2021 at 9:40 PM, Aaron said:

We've known this for weeks. IU just made it official. 

Good hires!

Like I said when Glant was hired he will do a great job while he's here and he knows how to recruit kids. On a side note one of my high school kids got a call from Glant last week so I'm curious to see how involved IU gets with him. 

2022 Schedule released:  https://iuhoosiers.com/sports/baseball/schedule/2022    Season opens at Clemson Feb. 18-20. 

A bevy of big-name non-conference opponents are followed by a loaded Big Ten schedule, as the Indiana baseball program announced its 2022 schedule on Tuesday (December 21).

The Hoosiers will square off with five programs that were on the Road to Omaha in 2021, with College World Series qualifier Stanford, Arkansas, Indiana State, Nebraska and Michigan all making the NCAA Tournament field a season ago. Perineal postseason teams Clemson, Louisiana-Lafayette, Missouri State and Troy also dot the schedule.

The season begins with seven straight games away from home. A three-game series at Clemson (Feb. 18-20) kicks off the year, before a midweek contest at Miami (Ohio) on February 22. Then the Hoosiers head to Texas for the Round Rock Classic (February 25-27) at Dell Diamond. In Round Rock, IU will face 2019 College World Series qualifier Arkansas, Louisiana-Lafayette and 2021 CWS participant Stanford.

A midweek contest against the Redhawks on March 1 will open the home portion of the schedule, before a trip to Missouri State (March 4-6). Home games with Cincinnati (March 8) and Purdue Fort Wayne (March 9) come just before the final non-conference weekend road series at Troy (March 11-13).

After starting the season with 13 of 16 on the road, IU will play its next 12 at home, including the Big Ten opening series. A home contest with Kentucky (March 15) will be followed by a four-game set with Xavier (March 18-20). A visit from Indiana State on March 22 will be followed by back-to-back weekend home series. After hosting Evansville (March 25-27) for three games, Northwestern (April 1-3) comes to Bart Kaufman Field for the B1G opener.

Most of April will be spent on the road, as trips to Purdue (April 9-10) and Rutgers (April 15-17) bookend a trip to Indiana State (March 12). A trip to the Queen City to take on Cincinnati (April 20) comes ahead of a home series with 2021 Big Ten champion Nebraska (April 22-24). Indiana returns to Victory Field for a tilt against Butler on April 26 and treks to Illinois State on April 27.

A home series with Illinois (April 29-May 1) is followed by a trip to Ann Arbor, Michigan, to take on the Wolverines (May 6-8). After traveling to Louisville (May 10), the Hoosiers welcome Minnesota (May 13-15) for the final home weekend series of the season. A final home game versus Illinois State (May 17) comes before the final regular season weekend series at Iowa (May 19-21).

The Big Ten Tournament will run from May 25-29 at TD Ameritrade Park in Omaha, Nebraska.

Season Ticket Information
General admission season tickets are now on sale for the 2022 season at IUHoosiers.com or by calling the IU Athletics Ticket Office at 1-866-IUSPORTS (487-7678).

Adult season ticket packages are $96 and youth ticket packages (ages 3-18) priced at $48. Purchasing season tickets saves $144 off the regular price, a 60 percent savings.  Children two and under are free at Bart Kaufman Field.  If you had 2020 season tickets you can renew here. 

Indiana University faculty/staff and students receive free admission with valid Crimson Card on game day.  Reserved seat season tickets are only available for those who had reserved seat season tickets in 2020.  If interested in reserved seats click the box during the ordering process. 

General admission single game tickets will be available in February.  Single-game pricing is $10 for adults, $5 for youth (ages 3-18) and $5 for groups of 25 or more. Family Packages are $40, and fans will receive four tickets and four food vouchers to be exchanged at the Bart Kaufman concession stand.  Family Packages must be purchased in advance of game day.