Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

goonaha

NIT Bubble Watch

I can’t believe you guys are doing this. I’ve really enjoyed watching this team get better this year BUT I think I’ve seen enough. Hard for me to get excited for a possibility of the NIT bid

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners
Tslkinga about being on the nit bubble should never be something that happens at iu

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, btownqb said:

I have no urgency to watch Devonte Green play basketball in the near future

If you'd said Josh Newkirk, I would agree with you but when Green plays under control, I really like to watch him play.  When he reverts to his playground stuff then definitely I agree with you.

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

If you'd said Josh Newkirk, I would agree with you but when Green plays under control, I really like to watch him play.  When he reverts to his playground stuff then definitely I agree with you.

Newkirk is what he is.. green has been a joke. 

3 minutes ago, mamasa said:

name calling and player (and to a lesser extent, coaches) bashing is not permitted.  You've been around boards long enough to know what that means.  

First time I have ever seen someone up in arms about this. I am honestly somewhat astonished. Name calling a player? No, it's literally an observation of their play. Our guards are horrible. 

Green was inconsistent not awful. And while he is a sophomore he was being asked to do things he should have been asked as a freshmen. Hopefully he can be more consistent. He had that 4 game stretch in early February that if he can replicate it we will be very happy. 

Hipefully he can take a leap like Juwan. 

The short version 

inconsistent =/= awful

6 minutes ago, mamasa said:

name calling and player (and to a lesser extent, coaches) bashing is not permitted.  You've been around boards long enough to know what that means.  

And I've never bashed a coach. 

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

Green was inconsistent not awful. And while he is a sophomore he was being asked to do things he should have been asked as a freshmen. Hopefully he can be more consistent. He had that 4 game stretch in early February that if he can replicate it we will be very happy. 

Hipefully he can take a leap like Juwan. 

The short version 

inconsistent =/= awful

No he's awful. It's literally all about expectation level.. there were literally games Archie could not play him because he was so bad. You can use the word inconsistent, but when he was "inconsistent" he would have 4 TOs, be 1-5 from the field with 3 bad shots and be getting whipped off the dribble.... in about 12 mins because he was just a liability. 

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

No he's awful. It's literally all about expectation level.. there were literally games Archie could not play him because he was so bad. You can use the word inconsistent, but when he was "inconsistent" he would have 4 TOs, be 1-5 from the field with 3 bad shots and be getting whipped off the dribble.... in about 12 mins because he was just a liability. 

So a couple of bad games for an underclass men makes a player awful.  Makes sense to "some" people 

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

So a couple of bad games for an underclass men makes a player awful.  Makes sense to "some" people 

His plus minus throughout the season is next to identical to Newkirk and his body language, lack of assertiveness,  lack of leadership, shot selection, and getting himself into bad situation are awful.. I really don't care what grade he is in. Kamar Baldwin is a SO and 100x the player Green is, same with TJ Gibbs. Green is soft. He had about 5 good games all year. 

10 minutes ago, btownqb said:

First time I have ever seen someone up in arms about this. I am honestly somewhat astonished. Name calling a player? No, it's literally an observation of their play. Our guards are horrible. 

Not up in arms, just hate it when grown people bash a player.  Didn't say you'd said anything about coaches, just pointing out what the rules of this forum are.  

9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

His plus minus throughout the season is next to identical to Newkirk and his body language, lack of assertiveness,  lack of leadership, shot selection, and getting himself into bad situation are awful.. I really don't care what grade he is in. Kamar Baldwin is a SO and 100x the player Green is, same with TJ Gibbs. Green is soft. He had about 5 good games all year. 

Well he had probably closer to 8 or so "good" games. A bunch of "meh" games then some horrid ones. 

Almost the exact definition of inconsistent.