Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2021) PF Caleb Furst to Purdue

43 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Hard not to love his game. If not Indiana, please don’t be Purdue.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I agree.  Admitedly, I haven't seen a ton of film on him but that is the best I've seen him look.  Also, most of that was against Trey Kaufman, correct?

Al Durham is a junior this season. He won't be around should Furst and Kaufman come to IU. Neither will TJD in all likelihood.

Good point. Not thrilled by Franklin. But he’d be a junior then, right? Galloway or Leal? Idk, guards have a lot to prove before I can project confidently.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

At halftime, Blackhawk Christian led 35-34.   With 3 min. left in the 2nd Q, Blackhawk led 32-21 and Furst picked up his 2nd foul.  With Furst on the bench the rest of the quarter, Canterbury outscored Blackhawk 13-3.  Furst had 8 pts. in the half.

The second half was all Blackhawk Christian and they came away with a 74-53 victory.  Unofficially Furst with 26 points.

12 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

At halftime, Blackhawk Christian led 35-34.   With 3 min. left in the 2nd Q, Blackhawk led 32-21 and Furst picked up his 2nd foul.  With Furst on the bench the rest of the quarter, Canterbury outscored Blackhawk 13-3.  Furst had 8 pts. in the half.

The second half was all Blackhawk Christian and they came away with a 74-53 victory.  Unofficially Furst with 26 points.

According to WANE-TV he had 30, but he looked great from the highlights I saw this morning.

15 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Blackhawk Christian defeated Culver Military playing without Trey Galloway 65-43.  MaxPreps reporting Furst with 31 points.  Another report said he had 32 and reached the 1,000 career point mark in tonight's game.

All I could find in my area about the game...

https://wpta21.com/2019/12/22/blackhawk-norwell-boys-columbia-city-girls-saturday-hs-hoops-winners/

Does anyone have what they believe to he am accurate measurement on Furst? I’ve seen him listed anywhere from 6’9” to 6’11”. He looked to have at least 3” on Kaufman in the Silver Creek game, but they referred to him as 6’9” multiple times.

6 minutes ago, Demo said:

Does anyone have what they believe to he am accurate measurement on Furst? I’ve seen him listed anywhere from 6’9” to 6’11”. He looked to have at least 3” on Kaufman in the Silver Creek game, but they referred to him as 6’9” multiple times.

I have a high school buddy that lives in the FW Carroll school district and he says Caleb is a big 6'9"...whatever that means.

38-33 Blackhawk at the half. Furst with 9 points and about 4-5 rebounds. Northridge has a 6’5” kid in him who is playing admirably. Every time Furst catches the ball in the post they are bringing guards down from the elbows to harass him. Blackhawk is running the unguarded players down the opposite side of the lane and Furst is doing an excellent job of seeing the court. He has found them for about 4 assists and at least two that should’ve been.
The 6’5” kid from Northridge made him look silly once in the post once. Good shot fake which totally fooled Furst off his feet then the kid just easily went around him for a layup. I also haven’t been at all impressed with Furst’s ability to challenge the smaller kids driving into the lane.
Finally, he has a very soft touch around the rim. Like buttah. He has had to bring the ball up against a man press a few times and has good handles for a kid his size.
Trying to think of a comparison. Elston, maybe? Eric Anderson? I might only be saying their names because they are like-sized white dudes though.

65-49 Blackhawk at the end of the 3rd. Northridge has continued to press and FWB has brought Furst up to 3/4 court to receive a pass. He has broken it with the dribble a few times. Always going toward the basket. Has resulted in a few layups and at least one foul. He has 15 and about 10-11 boards. Maybe 5 assists.

1 hour ago, RatpigHoosier said:

82-75 FWB. Furst ended with 17. #34 for FWB went bananas (Caleb Ferguson, maybe?). Anyway, he had 37 points. Kid named Sam Smith from Northridge had 30. He shoots without a conscience. Entertaining game. I’m out!

#34 is Marcus Davidson son of Blackhawk's head coach.