Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2021) PF Caleb Furst to Purdue

Blackhawk Christian started the game with a suffocating full court press and kept it up for the entire first half and at the half led Adams Central (2-5) 38-9.  They didn't press in the second half but it really didn't matter as the final score was 73-24.  Furst opened the 4th Q but quickly went to the bench for the remainder of the game.  He finished with 18 pts. on 8-10 FG; 2-2 FT; 8 reb; 3 asst; 1 TO; 5 stls; 4 blks.  He had a couple of opportunities to demonstrate that he can put the ball on the floor and take it to the bucket.  I really like what I see in this kid.

Blackhawk Christian started the game with a suffocating full court press and kept it up for the entire first half and at the half led Adams Central (2-5) 38-9.  They didn't press in the second half but it really didn't matter as the final score was 73-24.  Furst opened the 4th Q but quickly went to the bench for the remainder of the game.  He finished with 18 pts. on 8-10 FG; 2-2 FT; 8 reb; 3 asst; 1 TO; 5 stls; 4 blks.  He had a couple of opportunities to demonstrate that he can put the ball on the floor and take it to the bucket.  I really like what I see in this kid.

Same. Passes the eye test.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

This isn't about Furst but it's Fort Wayne and basketball related.  While searching for more info on Furst's game, I learned the Spiece Fieldhouse had been foreclosed upon and went up for Sheriff's Sale on Tuesday with no bidders.

https://www.wane.com/top-stories/spiece-fieldhouse-to-be-auctioned-at-sheriff-sale/

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

This isn't about Furst but it's Fort Wayne and basketball related.  While searching for more info on Furst's game, I learned the Spiece Fieldhouse had been foreclosed upon and went up for Sheriff's Sale on Tuesday with no bidders.

https://www.wane.com/top-stories/spiece-fieldhouse-to-be-auctioned-at-sheriff-sale/

Old Tom...smh.  Here is one pertaining to it from a few years back...

https://www.journalgazette.net/news/local/Spiece-faces-2-separate-foreclosures-15415129&c=690954382435863461&mkt=en-us

15 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

He had a couple of opportunities to demonstrate that he can put the ball on the floor and take it to the bucket.  I really like what I see in this kid.

Agree completely. Don’t think he’s got the highest ceiling of the kids Miller’s in on, but he might have the highest floor. Physically and skill-wise don’t see how he’s not really good.

18 minutes ago, Demo said:

Agree completely. Don’t think he’s got the highest ceiling of the kids Miller’s in on, but he might have the highest floor. Physically and skill-wise don’t see how he’s not really good.

I'm still shaking my head over our offer to Franck Kepnang.  There's absolutely no comparison IMO; Kepnang conjures up memories of just a marginally better Hanner.  Now between Kaufman and Furst it's hard for me to judge because they play a different style/manner on their respective teams.  Furst and Logan Duncomb play very similarly on their teams and I think Furst is the better of those 2.   

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I'm still shaking my head over our offer to Franck Kepnang.  There's absolutely no comparison IMO; Kepnang conjures up memories of just a marginally better Hanner.  Now between Kaufman and Furst it's hard for me to judge because they play a different style/manner on their respective teams.  Furst and Logan Duncomb play very similarly on their teams and I think Furst is the better of those 2.   

Been trying to watch Kepnang but life keeps getting in the way. Don’t see Duncomb’s skill level ever getting to Furst‘s. If I was on team Kaufman I’m not sure what Archie does is what I’d be looking for. If you dropped Kaufman into Beilein’s continuity stuff at UM or even the open sets Musselman runs and he’d just kill people. But you’re right, those 2 are apples and oranges.

8 hours ago, HoosierCoop said:

Rumor mill:

Purdue #1 

Ohio St. #2 (A close 2nd)

IU (on the list)

I would love to have both but realistically could be a long shot.

What?  No Michigan St.?

I graduated from AC and I'm surprised they even kept it that close. Pretty historically bad basketball program

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, HoosierRobbie said:

So according to the rumor mill: Purdue are favorite to get Kaufman and furst? Color me skeptic on that.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Furst loves Painter.  Purdue has recruited him the longest.  Holtmann has made huge strides with the family.

Again, this is a rumor mill.  Just hoping that IU would be further up this chain.

35 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Roy Williams, Tom Izzo, Matt Painter, Brad Underwood, John Coffman as well as an assistant from Indiana are at the Blackhawk v Homestead game for Luke Goode and Caleb Furst
B Snow

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Like seriously I get we are one country and all but there’s gotta be some way to keep those guys out of the state. Or in painters case can we exile him