Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

yogisballin

Race Thompson/DDavis

9 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

And for what it's worth, there was another true big in the past ten years at IUBB that, between his first and last year, had his per game point production go up 25%, his FG percentage rise, his blocked shots double, his free throw percentage improve, and his turnovers per minute go down.

For our BtownBanners brain-trust, any idea who?

Without going to Google... Tom Pritchard?

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

And for what it's worth, there was another true big in the past ten years at IUBB that, between his first and last year, had his per game point production go up 25%, his FG percentage rise, his blocked shots double, his free throw percentage improve, and his turnovers per minute go down.

Hanner

7 hours ago, incrediboy said:

He's NOT unathletic. He has great soft hands, and when he wants to, he can turn on the speed. His vertical is decent, too...when he exerts himself. He lacks moxie, which may have rubbed off on him from some of the rest of the ragamuffins or might be his natural tendency. 

Since you can't really quantify athleticism and it's tough to describe, you just have to go on the eye test.  And he doesn't pass it.

He can't rebound well.  If his vertical was decent, then he'd dunk more, and I feel like I can count the number of times he's dunked on one hand.  He isn't fast, he has no recovery speed on defense.

He's at his best when someone feeds him the ball and he backs in the defender in the post.  When that gets taken away, there's not much he can do.

With full sarcasm...Stanford Robinson?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

It was Tijan, Tijan, TIJAN!!
Points went from .3 to .4
Blocks went from 0.1 to 0.2
FG % went from .429 to .444
and...FTs improved from 1 for 4 to...none taken!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Oh come on, no one saw the humor in my Stanford Robinson as a “big” comment?!?!

Sad part is he is just one of many many undersized guys we have played at the 4 and 5 over the last 20 years

13 hours ago, A.j. Nigh said:

Thats about as funny as Crean using Etherington to guard Kaminsky then promptly giving up a three point play.