Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

2019 General Recruiting Thread

29 minutes ago, VO5 said:

Who did he play for during AAU? Was he still behind a bunch of talented guys? I would hope that's the case because besides his highlights being medicore, his stats weren't that great either.

14 minutes ago, VO5 said:

For a guy that supposedly has a high motor, those rebounding numbers aren't very encouraging.

Fwiw, he played in 9 of 14 games and those stats are in 8.7 mpg according to d1. Again, I'm not sold. Just saying.

http://www.d1circuit.com/stats/team_instance/2626005?subseason=380949&tab=team_instance_player_stats&tool=2364614

Just now, hoosierpap said:

Fwiw, he played in 9 of 14 games and those stats are in 8.7 mg. Again, I'm not sold. Just saying.

http://www.d1circuit.com/stats/team_instance/2626005?subseason=380949&tab=team_instance_player_stats&tool=2364614

That makes me feel better. I'm trying to find a silver lining here because I trust the staff. It just irks me knowing we have much better options the next year.

2 minutes ago, hoosierpap said:

Fwiw, he played in 9 of 14 games and those stats are in 8.7 mg. Again, I'm not sold. Just saying.

To quote Sgt. Schultz:  "Verrrry interesting!"  I looked at your link and that's exactly what it says; however, I have game stats for 15 separate games the difference apparently being games played in the Peach Jam Classic.  On the individual box scores I've maintained, mpg were only reported for 6 of his 15 games and for those 6, he averaged 13 mpg.   Go figure.

Just now, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

To quote Sgt. Schultz:  "Verrrry interesting!"  I looked at your link and that's exactly what it says; however, I have game stats for 15 separate games the difference apparently being games played in the Peach Jam Classic.  On the individual box scores I've maintained, mpg were only reported for 6 of his 15 games and for those 6, he averaged 13 mpg.   Go figure.

I feel like you've eluded to how bad these AAU stats can be sometimes...

Not sure if this has been mentioned before or not in this thread but the #3 overall player in the 2019 class, Charles Bassey, has officially transferred to ASPIRE Academy in Louisville according to the programs Twitter account. It's a new prep school that recently relocated from Arizona I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Not sure if this has been mentioned before or not in this thread but the #3 overall player in the 2019 class, Charles Bassey, has officially transferred to ASPIRE Academy in Louisville according to the programs Twitter account. It's a new prep school that recently relocated from Arizona I believe.

51 minutes ago, FCHoosier said:

"School"

"School"

^^exactly what I was thinking. I read just now where the players all go to a local high school and then play for this separate "academy." Schedule consists of other teams in similar situations such as Prolific Prep where Paul Scruggs and josh Jackson both attended. Will be interesting to see the reaction in the Kentuckiana area over this entire thing.

14 minutes ago, FCHoosier said:

^^exactly what I was thinking. I read just now where the players all go to a local high school and then play for this separate "academy." Schedule consists of other teams in similar situations such as Prolific Prep where Paul Scruggs and josh Jackson both attended. Will be interesting to see the reaction in the Kentuckiana area over this entire thing.

Yeah I've heard of a few schools like that now. I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes more common. 

13 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

At this point I get the feeling we are investing most of our time and resources on

Brooks
Watford
Hurt
TJD.

Can't tell if we are a legit contender with Anthony. Seems we are early on.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

And those are the four that Archie should be focused on. That's my ideal class right there