Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Laszewski looks slick. Stretch 4. 6'10". Looks agile and quick for his size. Can shoot it. Looks good to me.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Priority recruit for Wisconsin. Dad played there. Sister plays there now.

Notre Dame has been recruiting him longest and strongest.

Don't see us getting him from UW.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

23 minutes ago, VO5 said:

The difference is that our offers are all going to top 150 guys instead of hot dog vendors on the street

This is the most important point. No more wasted scholarships on players that have no business playing high level college basketball. Thank you Archie Miller

This is the most important point. No more wasted scholarships on players that have no business playing high level college basketball. Thank you Archie Miller

How many did Crean offer that had no business playing high level ball? Gelon, Priller and Jeremiah April I can see but wondering if there were some after those I have forgotten.

I had more of an issue with him not getting his primary targets and getting guys late but many of those late gets still were ranked OK. I just prefer a coach know what and who he wants and gets a good percentage of those targets.

FWIW; I don't really think that the quantity or quality of recruits under Archie is significantly different than with FCTC.

The difference is our expectations for how successful we will be with those high level recruits, and whether we will have to drop significantly from the high level targets just to fill out a roster.

14 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

How many did Crean offer that had no business playing high level ball? Gelon, Priller and Jeremiah April I can see but wondering if there were some after those I have forgotten.

I had more of an issue with him not getting his primary targets and getting guys late but many of those late gets still were ranked OK. I just prefer a coach know what and who he wants and gets a good percentage of those targets.

Yes getting the primary targets is very important

1 hour ago, Tak42 said:

Jurkin, Perea, the dude that went to Syracuse after he couldn't pass mustard academically for us.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Ron Patterson, a 3 star by Rivals and 247, and a 4 star by espn. He and Hanner didn't pan out, but they were well-regarded recruits (Perea was 43 on rivals, 53 on 247, and 71 on espn, all 4 star). In theory, those are the kind of players so many of us want: in-state, potentially good multi-year contributors.

All the blue-bloods occasionally land these guys and they just don't pan out, e.g. Chase Jeter (thus far), most bigs who choose Kansas, plenty of UK guys, so on. Patterson, Perea, and Hollowell were all either overhyped by every recruiting service, didn't develop as expected for whatever reason, or some combination of the two.

That sorta thing is clearly less worrisome than a panic offer, in my opinion. Most guys 3 star or above who don't blossom seem to either transfer (thinking they need a change of scenery, or they'll have more opportunity, or it's the coaches' fault; sometimes they're right, sometimes not) or at least contribute in a bench role, which is fine: with 13 scholarships, it's not gonna work for everyone to get starters' minutes, even if 2-3 of those are hurt, project players, etc.

Conversely a panic offer can saddle you with uncomfortable choices: it ties up a scholarship for up to four years, or a guy leaves under less-than-ideal circumstances. I think Crean genuinely has an eye for talent (Victor, Wade, Holt, OG, Zeisloft, Beilfeldt, even someone like Green or Moore) and can develop guys who buy-in (Victor, OG), whatever else you may think of him. If one of those went wrong — misidentifying an under-the-radar guy who just isn't B1G caliber or lack of buy-in/development — problems came.

32 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Archie Miller, Roy Williams, Duke, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Louisville Arizona on hand for five star 2019 D1 Minnesota forward Matt Hurt

Corey Evans

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

He's part of my wish list for 2019. Along with Brooks, Watford and Wiseman

Indiana, Xavier, Texas, Illinois, Florida, SMU and Texas Tech in the crowd for high level matchup between 18s Romeo Langford & Kaden Archie.

And 11 min. later:  Really impressed by on ball D of Kaden Archie on Romeo Langford. Staying with him step for step & beating him to the spot.