Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dalton26

Who do you want as head coach?

Who do you want as head coach?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your 2nd choice for head coach? (Assuming Stevens is first choice)

• Billy Donovan
    • Tony Bennett
    • Sean Miller
    • Archie Miller
    • Gregg Marshall
    • Steve Alford
    • Dane Fife
    • Other (Post in thread)

13 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

A flight left Bloomington for Dayton today, according to Flight Aware.

I'm so tired of the future of IU basketball being a dice roll. We don't care about being elite. UK had 2 hires not nearly as bad as our 3 and it forced them to be serious. 

If Archie flames out goodbye Glass

If we Crean is longer the coach (not a certainty) what is a realistic list of coaching candidates?

My guess

Tony Bennett

Archie Miller

Greg Marshall

Chris Holtmann

Thankfully from what everyone has reported thus far Marshall wasn't even an option.

23 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I'm so tired of the future of IU basketball being a dice roll. We don't care about being elite. UK had 2 hires not nearly as bad as our 3 and it forced them to be serious. 

If Archie flames out goodbye Glass

It's more than goodbye Glass, if he is hired and flames out this program might never get back to where it could be.

5 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Have you seen Archie Miller's results? 

He's about as proven as a 38 year old not named Brad Stevens can possibly be.

I'll take the 48 that's actually a proven commodity any day of the week over a guy that's darn close but 38. 

53 minutes ago, Dalton26 said:

Thankfully from what everyone has reported thus far Marshall wasn't even an option.

Your right I forgot about those reports. Heard he's a handfull off the court much like Wilson and Knight

53 minutes ago, FortWayneHoosier said:

Not off the court but I got curious about people saying he has a temper and found this

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I cracked up when he said "Gregg Marshall has gone bonkers!". Imagine being on this call for this game. I would think it would be a student.  What a learning experience lmao 

8 minutes ago, sirhoosierlot said:

I cracked up when he said "Gregg Marshall has gone bonkers!". Imagine being on this call for this game. I would think it would be a student.  What a learning experience lmao 

Don't think he ever said it but you know Fish thought it a few times. 

My vote went to Others. I actually think it will be Donovan or others. Reasons I think Donovan is obvious and even think some have mentioned here. Other reasons i think so are, between Westbrook, Oladipo and Steven Adams they are set to make about $70 million starting next season so won't leave much room for the remaining roster. Enes Kanter turned down a contract back in October, which tells me he's looking to test the market. It is said he's worth about $17-18 mil, so he's likely gone. Roster is fairly slim and with playing in the West with the like of GSW and SA, this team won't make it passed semi-finals of the Western Conference anyway.

Sean Miller- isnt going anywhere. The guy is getting raises and not even asking for them. Has turned some down in passed. Arizona wants this guy!

Archie- Isn't quite ready

Tony Bennett- He isn't leaving Virginia. Has made it known that he likes where his family is at.

Collins-Not sold just yet. A month or so I was, probably jumped the gun. However, I wouldn't complain if we hired. Definitely an upgrade for sure

Dane Fife- Love the idea. Why? Can't answer that, maybe it was because I really enjoyed the way he played?