Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2017) PG Tremont Waters to LSU

We will return Newkirk, Rojo, Green, Cujo. All having played time at point. As far as seasoning the next player, it sounds great but if we recruit a high enough level PG he can step in right away.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I guess our disagreement comes from me not wanting Cujo or Green to run the point. Not taking a point this year means we have to land a 5 star (Garland) next year that can start right away. That's taking a huge risk

44 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Going to have concerns at some point right?

We should be at a recruiting peak right now. BT champs. Several guys to the NBA recently. A lot of guys likely gone next year. Playing time looks favorable for about all positions except maybe wing and yet Crean always has a lot of wings.

2017 is loaded class so with that and our recruiting strength we should start having commitments from our top choices.

Absolutely agree with 8bucks.  Count me as one of the completely mystified that we have yet to secure a commitment from our summer recruiting efforts not to mention the time and money effort we've put into many of the '17s for well over a year or more.  Other concern is that efforts over the past couple of weeks indicate to me that the higher rated recruits we've invested a lot of time and travel expense into aren't coming our way and we are moving into a scramble mode.  Not that we're down to recruiting April's and the like, but we are having to take a step back in terms of talent level.   And it will be especially painful if we get shut out on the Indiana talent and the question of why can't IU recruit it's own state.   I'm not on the side that thinks we should only recruit Indiana kids, but with the '17 talent pool in the state why is it we can't win one of those recruiting battles - if we do get shut out?  Probably shouldn't have put this in the Waters thread, but instead in the generic recruiting thread, but Waters is one of those kids in which we've invested a lot of effort and can't afford to lose with the overall talent pool dwindling each day with new commitments being announced.  Lose him and who's his replacement?  The Nike AAU circuit is the biggest and we had offers out to 23 kids that played on that circuit this summer.  If my record keeping is accurate, only 7 are still uncommitted and only Waters is a PG.  There are still 5 uncommitted Under Armour targets; 2 are PG's:  Scruggs and David Beatty.  On the Adidas circuit there's only 1 uncommitted kid with an IU offer-Brandon Huffman.  

If he makes it to the official visit I will still feel pretty confident. I hope he does.

I don't know if I ever get confident until they sign. Just looking at the votes I am not overly concerned about today's movement. Recruiting doesn't usually change overnight unless there are extenuating circumstances. If relationships are important we are in a good spot like you have stated a bunch. If not? It's as fluid as living on every word of a teenager.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Chances are high that UK is pushing for his commitment before he steps foot on campus this weekend.

If he makes it to his visit, then I like our chances as much as I did before.  He's probably riding high with all the Kentucky attention and post-visit momentum, but that can all come crashing down when he steps on to campus during what should be a beautiful weekend in Bloomington.

He likes us a lot.

Edit: Just checked UK boards and they're expecting his commitment any minute now.  Dammit, they're probably getting him.

If we don't get Wilkes this class is a major, major letdown. Pretty much takes us out of any contention next year if the players we expect to leave actually go.

That's what I just don't get.. after the year we just had and are struggling to even get a commit.

This is normal for this time of year. Every year this is the same discussion on this board. Now until November is when we usually get our classes lined up. Hell does UK even have a commit yet?

This is normal for this time of year. Every year this is the same discussion on this board. Now until November is when we usually get our classes lined up. Hell does UK even have a commit yet?

Yeah, it's not the timing of commits to me it's that we clearly are missing targets one after another . New offers and visits flying around to new and unheralded players. Must suck for Crean to work so hard and always play 2nd or 3rd fiddle.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

4 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Yeah but unlike us UK hasn't been eliminated by most of their top targets. We are still in the running for 1 of our tier 1 and tier 2 recruits. 

Yeah but unlike us UK hasn't been eliminated by most of their top targets. We are still in the running for 1 of our tier 1 and tier 2 recruits. 

Who of the staff's top targets have we been eliminated by? If Wilkes or Waters (truly pops) then I agree.

Malik Williams, Bamba, Richards, Porter, Randolph, Waters?, Samuels. ( we tried)

Duval, Diallo, Weatherspoon, Coleman, Chaundee Brown ( we tried and couldn't get foot in the door.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I didn't recall us being that hard on any of them. I still haven't seen us lose Waters yet. So yeah, we look at players every year we miss out on. Players that come on OV? I consider those players a team is truthfully in on. We are good for missing on 1 or 2 of those a year. If we are counting every player we look at then yes we have missed on the last decade and probably batting .005.

It would be nice to be able to pick and choose who we get like the 1st or 2nd tier of schools. I don't think any of us can imagine what completely goes on to get at that level. I don't think any team is 100% clean. It probably comes down to how much a coach can sleep in his own skin at night.