Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Could just be a coincidence of players who thought they were great dealing with failure.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I agree it could be the case, but this team has been dealing with failure all season and knew they weren't making the NCAA. I find it weird that tonight of all nights, after everything that went on, that they voice their dealings of failure. 

Our Mens and Womens basketball are heading to the NIT. Baseball is nosediving. Football was 6-7 last year. Fred Glass is killing it as an AD guys. Absolutely killing it.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

We could always say we're a swimming and diving or track and field school.

10 minutes ago, KYHoosier said:

Thomas Bryant: "The pain deep I can feel it in my stomach... but thats the pain and the hunger... to feel success you gotta struggle. to get where I'm at i had to hustle.. thats why I'm humble."

Rojo: "Forward Always"

JBJ: "Never let success get to your head or failure get to your heart."

Curtis Jones: "No rules, Anything Goes."

Freddie McSwain: "How many times should I have to stress. I wonder why I'm not like the rest."

These are the ones I follow, but I find it very weird they are all posting pictures with these interesting captions all within a couple hours of each other, with everything thats going on. I may be reading into stuff, but this just seems off to me.

McSwain and TB are posting some rap lyrics. Seems more like they had a players' meeting before the trip and are all amped up. Sure doesn't look like they're having cohesion problems. Maybe they're pissed at a perceived slight and will play hard.

I think it's time for Glass to nut up or get out.  A couple years ago Glass outlined his supposed expectations for this program, and Crean has failed to meet them.  He can either cut Crean loose and do what he has to do to get a top tier coach, or follow Crean out of town.

Ive always said he said that to quiet an angry fan base at the time. I dont ever think he thought it would come back to bite him in @$$. Now he is in a real pickle. If he brings his boy back he has zero credibility going forward. Zero

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Thomas Bryant: "The pain deep I can feel it in my stomach... but thats the pain and the hunger... to feel success you gotta struggle. to get where I'm at i had to hustle.. thats why I'm humble."
Rojo: "Forward Always"
JBJ: "Never let success get to your head or failure get to your heart."
Curtis Jones: "No rules, Anything Goes."
Freddie McSwain: "How many times should I have to stress. I wonder why I'm not like the rest."
These are the ones I follow, but I find it very weird they are all posting pictures with these interesting captions all within a couple hours of each other, with everything thats going on. I may be reading into stuff, but this just seems off to me.

You're probably just over analyzing. They're talking about failure because we failed. CTC is probably going to use the failure aspect of it to make them play with a chip on their shoulder and being an underdog á la Kansas and UNC.

That being said, they're talking about failure so someone obviously planted that seed in them. Maybe CTC told them that he was out because he failed and they are cryptically supporting him because he's going to leave.

Now I'm over analyzing. Stupid me.

Just doing my part to get this to 1000 pages.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

If anyone trusts Hickory's sources over on 247, he basically just said Glass has backed himself into a corner and hopes the situation works itself out. Is this the guy we want as AD? A coward unwilling to fire a mediocre coach that happens to also be the coach of our flagship program. How did Glass get this job in the first place. Clearly he has no clue what he is doing

The fact that the 'janitor' is willing to admit he doesn't know makes me think he's the one guy with actual sources on the inside. These other posters I question if they know a thing or just drawing attention to themselves and rile people up.

Also don't think Greg Doyle has any sources at IU but just guessing. JMV saying on his radio show today he's heard IU has no intention of making a move is the ONLY worrisome thing I've seen/heard through all this over the last few days as he tends to have inside sources and be right before others with local teams. 

Curious to see how this plays out. Also Glass could change his mind if enough big donors threaten to pull money if he keeps Crean. That's the only thing that could change Glass' mind if he indeed plans on keeping Crean (which really no one knows since he has stayed silent).

Edited by Aaron

Every tweet just seems like entertainment to him at this point

Yeah I see that but most are in response to fans hounding him. Probably the only way to not lose his mind. I dont blame him. Glass said this decision about the NIT was made two weeks ago meaning Creans fate could have been as well and the Janitor telling us to be patient and wait for it has not led us astray. Were all just mad he wont tell us exactly what is going on. That is how you lose info from sources. If he is wrong about all this than he probably will need to delete his twitter account. If he is right than everyone questioning him this entire time owe him an apology. I have had a few interactions with him and he doesnt seem like some of the guys on 247 but since their posting stuff just to post were not taking shots at them cause their still talking. Give it a day or so. We will all know this week.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Just a thought, assume we lose tomorrow night, would not be surprised if we don't hear anything  Wednesday due to a late game and travels. I hope for a Thursday announcement of a Friday morning press conference where Crean resigns.

Does JMV have sources for IU stuff? I know he does for the Colts but IU I'm not sure. I also believe Dakich knows what is going not that he'll say anything on the topic because he likes supporting Crean on the radio because it keeps people calling arguing which keeps his ratings up. 

2 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Does JMV have sources for IU stuff? I know he does for the Colts but IU I'm not sure. I also believe Dakich knows what is going not that he'll say anything on the topic because he likes supporting Crean on the radio because it keeps people calling arguing which keeps his ratings up. 

I'm not sure. He's always leaked Colts and Pacers stuff before they become official so I'm assuming he's heard something from someone important about IU. I'm sure Dakich knows but I have not heard him say which way IU is leaning but just his personal opinion unless I've missed it. 

Like I said we can hope even if Glass is leaning towards keeping Crean donors can change his mind with their wallets over next couple days.