Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

If we do not make the final four fire him. And if I'm glass I would tell him that. We need change. I haven't been impressed this season with any games I say to my self it's the same thing every single year. We better beat Duke

My brother just called me. He is another IU alumnus and diehard fan much like myself. He said he can't bear watching this same crap over and over. He said he will be checking box scores and saving himself some time. I am TOO diehard to do that but, I bet many fans feel exactly like him.

Same ole same ole.

I think I'm with your bro. Been a fan for thirty years and after tom Crean duration, I'm honestly worn out.

This was brought up in the post game thread, but Crean skipped the post game with Fisch and threw Buckley or Martin in there.

If Cool Dad had any gumption(not likely), he'd fine Crean for skipping a media obligation. He's a lawyer, I'm sure there's a line or two about that in the contract somewhere.

I've said Crean won't change, and he proved me wrong.  He did change, instead of being an a** when he gets asked tough questions he tucked tail and avoided the tough questions.

I think I'm with your bro. Been a fan for thirty years and after tom Crean duration, I'm honestly worn out.

yep, good enough to get hopes up but not good enough to win anything. Bad place to be. Ask LSU football. And they are FAR superior in their respective sport than we are.

We needed another Big man. Bryant isn't ready to handle the big boys, especially by himself.

Then again, I'm not sure it would even matter.

Even giving Crean a pass for his first 3 years, he has at best the 6th best record from 2011-2015.  That doesn't include what Turgeon is doing up at UM.  All those teams also have had way better post season (BTT/NCAAT) records with deeper runs than Crean.  If we're good with being, at best, a mid tier B1G program we have our coach.  That factors into wanting a coaching change.  Off court issues, being an ass when things don't go his way, and not being capable of getting through to his team are others.

Edit:  After last season I was so frustrated with the lack of success I started running numbers.  It is absolutely turrrble comparing the level of talent here and the results we get.  He has out recruited the rest of the B1G by a pretty wide margin since 2011 and only had the 6th best winning percentage.

And the two other NBA players on that team, but yeah Wade is the big one.

Mainly just getting at the point that the man isn't a winner. I'm sick and tired of having the same discussions every year. Obviously it isn't working. Let's change things up. Who cares about losing out on potential recruits? He isn't going to do anything with them anyways. The firing just needs to be done

Mainly just getting at the point that the man isn't a winner. I'm sick and tired of having the same discussions every year. Obviously it isn't working. Let's change things up. Who cares about losing out on potential recruits? He isn't going to do anything with them anyways. The firing just needs to be done

You think I'm not?  I don't like repeating the same things, but we have the exact same issues game after game and year after year.