Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

Just don't see what any of those guys have done that is much different than the guy I'm throwing out there. But ok. 

.700 winning percentages while making the NCAA tournament and winning a couple of games vs. .553 and no NCAA tournament experience?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, mdn82 said:

.700 winning percentages while making the NCAA tournament and winning a couple of games vs. .553 and no NCAA tournament experience?

In the A-10...... Miller has NEVER even landed a 4 star recruit that I'm aware of. Not that I don't like him. Just don't think that coaching wise, there is much of a gap, if any.

That .553 record includes a complete rebuild of a team playing in a power conference BTW.

In the A-10...... Miller has NEVER even landed a 4 star recruit that I'm aware of. Not that I don't like him. Just don't think that coaching wise, there is much of a gap, if any.

That .553 record includes a complete rebuild of a team playing in a power conference BTW.

Complete rebuild? Agree to disagree.

6 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Complete rebuild? Agree to disagree.

Ummmm.. Buzz walked out the door with the entire starting rotation and his recruiting class. So you can disagree but you'd be wrong.

Took Wojo a year to recover. By year two he had 20 wins and landed a 5 star recruit and several 4 stars. 

Ummmm.. Buzz walked out the door with the entire starting rotation and his recruiting class. So you can disagree but you'd be wrong.

Took Wojo a year to recover. By year two he had 20 wins and landed a 5 star recruit and several 4 stars. 

Of course. You are a fun one to have a discussion with.

Andy Enfield did more at FGCU than wojo with a hell of a lot less talent. Now he has taken USC to be cool again which since OJ Mayo was there it hasn't been. He's won a few tourney games, has won good recruiting battles, has developed two kids in Metu and Boatright that wasn't near an NBA radar when he got them. He is 18-4 without his best player which they just beat UCLA at home. I don't even care about that win, because 5 top 10 teams have lost in the last 2 days. Upsets happen, when they do not everyone one of those coaches gets a big time job. Enfield has a resume of winning, recruiting, and developing. I would take his little more experience of Wojo who had ELLENSON and Fischer in a frontcourt in the big east and couldn't do anything with it. Sorry. Strong pass unless it is a few years from now and he adds to his resume. Coach K's assistants dont always turn out good. I like Chris Collins more than wojo.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

18 minutes ago, Baltimore Hoosier said:

BTW, Buzz's "decimated" team he left included 4 graduates.  1 left to go pro.  One left before Wojo stepped on campus.  Any players after that left after Wojo came on.  That seems like a normal year no?  It's Marquette.  The type of team Wojo inheritted wasn't great.  Wojo inheritted some good transfers (Luke Fischer and Matt Carlino).  He will be a fine coach.  Just not the one I or most everyone here wants at IU.  Like Alford says, I would take Collins in a heartbeat over Wojo.  Collins at least has bloodlines, learning under K (which doesn't always mean much look at Crean).  It's all a moot point.  Sorry everything is so black and white for you and you can't seem to believe people may not actually agree with everything you say.

Huh? Are you trying to compare Wojo to Crean? That's ridiculous.

Just trying to get on your level of ridiculousness in claiming Woj inherited a decimated team. Plus, what an incredible argument to use when defending the lack of success of Crean's replacement, given that argument was Crean's #1 defense early on.

11 minutes ago, Baltimore Hoosier said:

Fire Crean, I'm on board with that... But I will never root for a loss. Might as well turn over your fan card if you're hoping for L's.

I hate comments like this. We're going to have to lose some games if we want the Crean roller coaster to be over. If Crean gets lucky, salvages the season, and maybe wins a game in the tournament he's probably going to get extended. Then we'll be right back in the same position next year, and the next, etc. It would never end. Is he really a bad fan for hoping for losses that will benefit the program long term? I'm down for whatever has to happen for Crean to be fired. If that's a whole bunch of losses to finish the season then so be it. 

I hate comments like this. We're going to have to lose some games if we want the Crean roller coaster to be over. If Crean gets lucky, salvages the season, and maybe wins a game in the tournament he's probably going to get extended. Then we'll be right back in the same position next year, and the next, etc. It would never end. Is he really a bad fan for hoping for losses that will benefit the program long term? I'm down for whatever has to happen for Crean to be fired. If that's a whole bunch of losses to finish the season then so be it. 

I hate comments like this. Obviously you are not a parent. So you purposely want someone kids to fail just so you as a fan can get another coach. Never mind the fact the kids busted their butts in the off season and season to win games. Luckily us fans really have no say this matter

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I don't think you're a bad fan if this is your thought process. However I am on the same page as Baltimore in the fact I just can't watch IU play and hope they lose. I guess I just hope someday Glass and the athletic department will stop being okay with mediocrity.

I hate comments like this. Obviously you are not a parent. So you purposely want someone kids to fail just so you as a fan can get another coach. Never mind the fact the kids busted their butts in the off season and season to win games. Luckily us fans really have no say this matter

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Exactly!! I hate when my 3 year old fails to build his legos just the way he wants and gets upset. I couldn't imagine WANTING him or any kid to loss every game of probably their most important times of their lives. If Crean stays cause these kids bust their ass and make a good run then I would have rather have him. I don't want our kids to fail even if that meant Greg Popovich wanted to come here.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app