Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

To: TheRobbob:

I'm glad to see someone else echo the same points I'd made a month ago to the "Crean Crowd". Of course, your response to their blatant, personal, and belittling sarcasm better be kept in check! It's one thing for the "Crean Crowd" to do it; quite another indeed young man for you to think you can get away with it! 

Take solace in this, my logical and sighted friend: 

As this train wreck of a season comes skidding slowly down the tracks, you'll hear the "Crean Crowd in full throat, continue their masterful spin of the devastation, saying things like, "well, it could have been worse", or "just wait until Blackmon gets here", or my personal favorite "Well, at least Purdue didn't win it either". Just remember that these people are our brothers in the Cream and Crimson. Sure, they may be graduates from the Helen Keller school for the gifted, but we have to accept them and encourage them, and help them to develop those faculties, so tragically underdeveloped, through no fault of their own. Be kind, and be a big brother.  :yes:

So you are going to say to watch out for people who take an aggressive approach to his first post, then turn around and call them mentally challenged? You are the last person to criticize anyone when that is your response.

These types of post are the reason some boards are completely unbearable. One side has no problem calling out the other side for some of the things they say. But they have no problem doing the exact same thing themselves, both extremes are equally wrong. 

I'm glad to see someone else echo the same points I'd made a month ago to the "Crean Crowd". Of course, your response to their blatant, personal, and belittling sarcasm better be kept in check! It's one thing for the "Crean Crowd" to do it; quite another indeed young man for you to think you can get away with it! 

As this train wreck of a season comes skidding slowly down the tracks, you'll hear the "Crean Crowd in full throat, continue their masterful spin of the devastation, saying things like, "well, it could have been worse", or "just wait until Blackmon gets here", or my personal favorite "Well, at least Purdue didn't win it either". Just remember that these people are our brothers in the Cream and Crimson. Sure, they may be graduates from the Helen Keller school for the gifted, but we have to accept them and encourage them, and help them to develop those faculties, so tragically underdeveloped, through no fault of their own. Be kind, and be a big brother.  :yes:

Just MHO, but I think we do a pretty good job here of letting both sides air their views. Just be warned that your comments are pretty close to violating the No Bashing rule. We don't have a lot of rules, so they shouldn't be that hard to keep up with. Read them over again, and play nice.

The mods here do a pretty good job of letting both sides speak.  Bring this post to another board and people would probably want you tarred and feathered.

The zone is about 10 times more complicated to beat than a lot of fans make it out to be. It doesn't help that they are playing against guys of mostly the same skill level who are running a zone that is itself is difficult to beat. But of course since the ideas of how to beat a zone seem simple a lot of fans think it should be easy to execute, which it isn't. 

Also can we stop with the statements like "anyone who disagrees go do (insert any number of statements that implies they aren't watching enough of something)". 

A lot of things are easier said than done.  Most of the time it looks like our idea of attacking the zone is a slow ball reversal where we let the defense get reset before the make the next pass, and that won't work.

Never saw Stan Rob attack the basket once this year. I wish he would learn to get to the rim. Dakich has no idea what he is talking about when he said Stan Rob has a special talent getting into the lane. Dakich needs to learn something about basketball!

Sent from my sarcastic iPhone using BrownBanners

Never saw Stan Rob attack the basket once this year. I wish he would learn to get to the rim. Dakich has no idea what he is talking about when he said Stan Rob has a special talent getting into the lane. Dakich needs to learn something about basketball!

Sent from my sarcastic iPhone using BrownBanners

Or you should watch Robinson play, he does get to the rim.  Quite a bit actually.

Maybe your confusing Stan with Etherington or Hartman.

Just MHO, but I think we do a pretty good job here of letting both sides air their views. Just be warned that your comments are pretty close to violating the No Bashing rule. We don't have a lot of rules, so they shouldn't be that hard to keep up with. Read them over again, and play nice.

HoosierRed01,

MY COMMENTS are pretty close to violating the "no bashing rule"???

A person wrote a fairly straightforward post saying what many people have been saying here lately, lamenting the plight of the basketball team/season. He aired his opinions about what he perceived to be the issues, none of which, I might add, were directed towards anyone here, and certainly none of which could reasonably be taken as personal.

Here are samples of replies to his post:

"You kind of lose all credibility when you say that we don't run an offense. We very clearly do. That should be obvious to anyone who actually watches the game".

"I realize that it is a very complex offense, so if you are used to watching seventh graders, it might be a bit over your head to figure out what is going on".

"Why hello there, Captain Hyperbole. Roy Williams, John Calipari, and even Bob Knight must be 2 year olds".

"We should just hire this guy".

"I realize that it is a very complex offense, so if you are used to watching seventh graders, it might be a bit over your head to figure out what is going on".

"Think what I posted about simple people thinking too simple applies here".

These people called him everything but mentally challened, and that was meant to be personal. Consequently, as nothing was said in response to their sarcasm and piling on, I gave them a dose of their own medicine. I'm all for keeping things civil, but if we're going to "play nice", then it has to go both ways.

HoosierRed01,

A person wrote a fairly straightforward post saying what many people have been saying here lately, lamenting the plight of the basketball team/season. He aired his opinions about what he perceived to be the issues, none of which, I might add, were directed towards anyone here, and certainly none of which could reasonably be taken as personal.

"You kind of lose all credibility when you say that we don't run an offense. We very clearly do. That should be obvious to anyone who actually watches the game".

"Why hello there, Captain Hyperbole. Roy Williams, John Calipari, and even Bob Knight must be 2 year olds".

These people called him everything but mentally challened, and that was meant to be personal. Consequently, as nothing was said in response to their sarcasm and piling on, I gave them a dose of their own medicine. I'm all for keeping things civil, but if we're going to "play nice", then it has to go both ways.

A lot of people have called our coach a two year old? OK. Guess there are a lot of morons in the world.

HoosierRed01,

Actually by ending his post with the usual "anyone who disagrees" statement he more or less says anyone who disagrees with his opinion doesn't know what they are talking about. Which itself is a personal comment

[quote name="cagred88" post="46363" timestamp="1394492774"]No way those freshman gonna be great in 3 years there good fun kids. Let them do there thing.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners[/quote]

Huh?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Actually by ending his post with the usual "anyone who disagrees" statement he more or less says anyone who disagrees with his opinion doesn't know what they are talking about. Which itself is a personal comment

If it's "usual" to see people posting such ambiguous and frankly throw away lines such as "anyone who disagrees" then I would find it difficult to believe your feelings were seriously dealt a blow, but maybe I'm wrong.

If it's "usual" to see people posting such ambiguous and frankly throw away lines such as "anyone who disagrees" then I would find it difficult to believe your feelings were seriously dealt a blow, but maybe I'm wrong.

Never said it bothered me. Could definitely see it bothering other people, in that it is in no way ambiguous or a throw away line. It is pretty straightforward that it is meant to say anyone who disagrees isn't right, or doesn't know what they are talking about. 

No way those freshman gonna be great in 3 years there good fun kids. Let them do there thing.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Here's what I think you meant to say. Corrections in red: 

"No way. Those freshmen are going to be great in 3 years. They're good, fun kids. Let them do their thing." 

Punctuation really does make a difference. 

HoosierRed01,

At best, you've illustrated that maybe everyone posting here needs to familiarize themselves with the forum rules and guidelines. If they stopped short of mentally challenged, your post seems to have went there. So how about everybody show respect for other posters and their opinions. Its not like a Fire Tom Crean thread isn't kind of a lightning rod already, right? I suspect a dws might illuminate some intent here.

At best, you've illustrated that maybe everyone posting here needs to familiarize themselves with the forum rules and guidelines. If they stopped short of mentally challenged, your post seems to have went there. So how about everybody show respect for other posters and their opinions. Its not like a Fire Tom Crean thread isn't kind of a lightning rod already, right? I suspect a dws might illuminate some intent here.

This seems fair enough, though I have to ask, sincerely, what is DWS?
You're right, my post went further than the others, (I apologize), but frankly, I remember a month ago when I wrote a similar post, and received similar responses to those received by TheRobbob. The moderator at that time didn't get involved until I took it "over the line". Had they stepped in before it got to that point, the conversation would likely have stayed civil and basketball related. 

If people want to berate Crean or the team's play, particularly during this dissappointing season, then they should be allowed to voice that frustration. Since I think I can assume that Tom Crean isn't posting here under some alias, nor any of the players, nothing said regarding the team ought to be taken personally by those reading the post. Consequently, replies shouldn't be personal. That's all I was trying to get across. Thanks for addressing things.